How to Get a Baby Butt Smooth (BBS) Close Shave Every Time Supreme Guide

Vir9

Vir9

Iron
What You'll Need
Listed from necessary to ancillary
  • Manual razor(s)
    • Straight-edge (SE) razor: injector / safety
    • Multi-blade razor: cartridge (highly recommended but not necessary)
  • Shaving emollient: cream / gel / oil
  • Heated towel / warm shower (opt)
  • Cleanser (opt)
  • Exfoliator (opt)
  • Toner (opt)
  • Moisturizer
  • SPF 50+
Step I: Pre-Shave Prep - Cleanser (opt.)

Before you jump right in to full-on shaving, you'll want prepare the skin with a little pre-shave prep work. The first step is gonna be to wash your face with a cleanser or soap. If you shave after you shower, then simply use a cleanser in the shower or no cleanser at all. A shower is already likely to have cleansed your face as it will be dry afterwards

Having oil on your face may allow for easier gliding of a razor, but to get rid of each individual whisker and grain of stubble, as demanded by the baby butt smooth close shave ideal, you'll need your face to be totally dry when applying the shaving emollient. This will allow better adhesion of the agent to the facial hair.

Step II: Pre-Shave Prep - Exfoliation (opt.)

Next is exfoliation. This step is optional because everyone has different skincare routines and utilize different practices at different times of the day, week, etc. In this case, exfoliation remains an excellent additive to the pre-shave prep; though not detrimental to the end result if forfeited. Again, this step can be repeated in the shower as to avoid doing it in front of a mirror afterwards. I exfoliate twice to thrice a week and subsequently shave on those same days post-cleansing. The exfoliator should be a physical one with palpable agents like minerals, beads, and granules. Chemical exfoliators are satisfactory in their own right, though incomparable to the feeling a physical exfoliator provides post-application. Physical exfoliation, unlike a traditional cleanser, will loosen those coarse hairs and alleviate those ingrown hairs overtime. If physical exfoliation is too harsh on your skin, especially if you're just starting or using tretinoin, or you only exfoliate at night, fear not for it is only recommended not vital to the BBS close shave.

81NxVUmzixL

Step III: Pre-Shave Prep - Heat (opt.)

Finally for the cherry on top of pre-shave prep, you're gonna wanna get some heat on your face prior to shaving. Taking a warm shower before you shave will help soften the hair on your face and dilate the skin's pores. This will allow your razor to work better when trying to get as close a shave as possible. Steps I and II can be done in the shower if you take one before you shave.

If you take cold showers or don't have time for a warm shower, etc., you can use a heated towel on your face like those at barbershops. Simply wet a facial cloth with steaming hot water, ring it out, and apply it to the lower third of the face and neck. If you wanna go the extra mile, heat a pot of hot water on a stove, take it off the stove, then put a cloth in the pot for a few minutes. Finally, ring it and apply the towel on the face. If you're in a rush you can skip this step, as it's recommended but not needed for the end result.

Optimized hot lather shave

Step IV: Shaving - Emollient

Emollients are part of the bedrock of shaving and equally as important as the razor. Contemporary shaving emollients prefer aerosol foam and include synthetic ingredients like propane, fragrance, and artificial dyes to work. Applying this on the un-cleansed face for a few minutes would be fine and dandy, however if you followed the aforementioned steps, your skin is likely exposed and in a state of greater alacrity to absorb whatever is put on it. This can lead to irritation and breakouts. Don't get me wrong though, foam can be fine and has its own advantages like time, but if you're gonna use one, make sure it's safe. Check out this database on every skincare product imaginable and find a foaming emollient that's >4 on the database or matches your health needs.

If you want to go the traditional, natural route, use an emollient with a lipid base. Lipid-based products typically have a higher affinity for natural substances as opposed to synthetic, however they require more time applying, but also demand less quantity of product per use. Fatty emollients are traditionally lathered with a badger brush, but the brush is merely a luxury for those with lots of time or those who go to barbershops. Another great emollient is something as simple as olive oil or coconut oil. However, be wary that these oils will clog your drain so don't let it build up and use it sparingly.

Page orginal
61KN5teQEYL

Step V: Shaving - Razor(s)

Now for the creme de la creme of this guide: the razor. To achieve a baby butt smooth shave, you absolutely need a straight-edge razor. Now I'm not talking about a straight blade that barbers use. No, you'll need a safety razor or better yet an injector razor. I personally use the injector razor because it's not as big or clunky as a safety razor and is actually the same size as your average Gillette, Harry's, Schick, Dollar Shave, etc. piece but with a modern aesthetic appeal and a superior design. The handle will cost you a pretty penny compared to the drug-store cartridge razors, but in the long run, it's a parsimonious and great investment. SE refills are also night and day cheaper than cartridge pieces and do not cause ingrown hairs like cartridge razors do. Even when slightly blunt, the SE razors will get you a BBS shave albeit in a longer shave sesh.

Supply the single edge pro razor jet black finish
Blades1
51oHDSsxHYL AC
Merkur safety razor merkur 34c extra thick handle safety razor 30506460610713 1080x aaca5a8e c

Secondly, you'll want a plain-old cartridge razor. You're probably questioning why I added a cartridge razor here after that love letter to single-edge razors. Well the cartridge blade will serve as your vanguard and get your facial hair down to stubble without turning you into Jigsaw. I recommend using the cartridge razor all around the face for the first few passes but especially near the neck and the Adam's apple. The SE razors are quite sharp, fixed, accurate, and should be reserved for only stubborn hair and stubble (i.e. upper lip, chin, and jaw). Now the beauty of the single-blade is that you can use only it and still get a BBS shave albeit you'll be likely to have a lot more bloodied nicks and scratches. Most cartridge razors feature lubricated strips that prevent cuts and scrapes, and the heads are agile, unlike the stiff single-blades, allowing for it to contour and bend to the groove and angle of what it's pressed against. It also makes the shave a lot faster. Using an SE razor requires tact and focus to prevent the cuts, whereas the cartridge can be used with far less reserve.

Gillette ProGlide Razor 3 Blades 1280x1280  06015
Ac8d6570d3b90cd55f98361341425bfc3ed7c003

Step VI: Shaving
Using the cartridge razor, shave with the grain for the first couple of passes and then against the grain for the remainder. You should get your hair down to a smooth feeling, stubble at the bare minimum. If you have a full-on beard, use an electric razor to trim the hair, then a cartridge razor. The straight-edge will be your game closer. Using your thumb or index finger, gently press the skin where the stubborn hair is upwards so you can feel the stubborn stubble you wouldn't normally feel. Then using your hand with the SE, go against the grain and to the sides of the stubborn area. Make sure the region has an emollient applied, so you're not shaving bare skin. Do this a few times and wherever needed until you can no longer feel the stubble when you press against the skin. If done correctly as mentioned, your skin will be damn-near perfectly smooth and as smooth if not smoother than a baby's butt. Because of the closeness of the shave, your skin might sting a little afterwards.
14 stroke shake 1500x

Step VII: Post-Shave - Toner, Moisturizer, SPF
Since the skin is shaven so close and thus exposed, you'll want to avoid bumps, irritation, acne, and infection from forming. Wash your face with cold water to seal the dilated pores, dry it, then apply a dab of toner on a wet cotton ball and lightly tap it on the shaved areas. This is akin to how black barbershops use alcohol on close-shaved skin but less harsh. Next, seal everything with a hydrating moisturizer. If toner is too harsh on your skin, just opt for the moisturizer. If you're shaving at the beginning of the day, use a good SPF, doesn't have to be too fancy, chemical or physical, 50+, and broad-spectrum. If you're prone to hyperpigmentation, shaving without SPF can lead to dark spots, especially if you scraped yourself whilst shaving. Again, defer to the database when choosing products that are gonna be absorbed on your face. I also made a post about the best moisturizers.

61FcCbvornL
UK200041003 ORDINARY

Frequency
Depending on the rate of your hair growth, this routine can be done at least every other day without issue. Typically, the shave will get me through the rest of the day and well into the next day without stubble. Shaving everyday is extremely rough on the skin and can lead to frequent cuts and scrapes and redness, thus try to be reasonable with how often you shave. I shave three times a week and opt to give my face a rest on the weekends.

Background
Discovered this method after a lot of trial and error betwixt using only cartridge razors and straight edge ones independent of each other. SE razors were too harsh on my face but accurate, leaving me with a smooth shave but bloodied scars all over my upper lip and chin. Cartridge razors were sensitive but not nearly as accurate enough to achieve a BBS close shave. I still could feel stubble under my chin. Finally I tried both in the same sessions, cartridge first then SE on the stubborn leftover hairs, and it worked beautifully that I've been doing it ever since and adding things here and there. Hope this helps.

Stuff I Use
  • African black soap (cleanser)
  • Nivea Men Deep Cleaning Face Scrub (exfoliator)
  • Supply Single Edge Razor (OG, closest shaving head)
  • Harry's The Winston Razor / Gillette ProGlide Power Razor (cartridge)
  • Edge Shave Gel, Fragrance Free
  • PFB Vanish + Chromabright / The Ordinary Toner
  • Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer
  • Banana Boat Ultra Sport SPF 50

Attachments

• 81NxVUmzixL.jpg
    81NxVUmzixL.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2551155.png
    2551155.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: niqfan625, SidharthTheSlayer, looksmaxxing223 and 6 others
This site is mostly Indians and other hairy ethnics, this advice is useless. Shaving every other day? I'd have half a beard by then

• JFL
Reactions: TheBiggestIncelEver, lordgandy2000, looksmaxxing223 and 1 other person
TLDR : Any shaving method you prefer based on how close the shave is

Use shaving cream if your skin is rough or hair has alot of friction

After shave to prevent infections if you get alot of cuts.

• +1
Reactions: Henry Rollins
good thread

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Henry Rollins and DalitBoss
What You'll Need
  • Manual razor(s)
  • Cleanser (opt)
  • Exfoliator (opt)
  • Toner (opt)
  • Moisturizer
  • SPF 50+

Before you jump right in to full-on shaving, you'll want prepare the skin with a little pre-shave prep work. The first step is gonna be to wash your face with a cleanser or soap. If you shave after you shower, then simply use a cleanser in the shower or no cleanser at all. A shower is already likely to have cleansed your face as it will be dry afterwards

Having oil on your face may allow for easier gliding of a razor, but to get rid of each individual whisker and grain of stubble, as demanded by the baby butt smooth close shave ideal, you'll need your face to be totally dry when applying the shaving emollient. This will allow better adhesion of the agent to the facial hair.

Next is exfoliation. This step is optional because everyone has different skincare routines and utilize different practices at different times of the day, week, etc. In this case, exfoliation remains an excellent additive to the pre-shave prep; though not detrimental to the end result if forfeited. Again, this step can be repeated in the shower as to avoid doing it in front of a mirror afterwards. I exfoliate twice to thrice a week and subsequently shave on those same days post-cleansing. The exfoliator should be a physical one with palpable agents like minerals, beads, and granules. Chemical exfoliators are satisfactory in their own right, though incomparable to the feeling a physical exfoliator provides post-application. Physical exfoliation, unlike a traditional cleanser, will loosen those coarse hairs and alleviate those ingrown hairs overtime. If physical exfoliation is too harsh on your skin, especially if you're just starting or using tretinoin, or you only exfoliate at night, fear not for it is only recommended not vital to the BBS close shave.

View attachment 3069770

Finally for the cherry on top of pre-shave prep, you're gonna wanna get some heat on your face prior to shaving. Taking a warm shower before you shave will help soften the hair on your face and dilate the skin's pores. This will allow your razor to work better when trying to get as close a shave as possible. Steps I and II can be done in the shower if you take one before you shave.

If you take cold showers or don't have time for a warm shower, etc., you can use a heated towel on your face like those at barbershops. Simply wet a facial cloth with steaming hot water, ring it out, and apply it to the lower third of the face and neck. If you wanna go the extra mile, heat a pot of hot water on a stove, take it off the stove, then put a cloth in the pot for a few minutes. Finally, ring it and apply the towel on the face. If you're in a rush you can skip this step, as it's recommended but not needed for the end result.

View attachment 3069737

Emollients are part of the bedrock of shaving and equally as important as the razor. Contemporary shaving emollients prefer aerosol foam and include synthetic ingredients like propane, fragrance, and artificial dyes to work. Applying this on the un-cleansed face for a few minutes would be fine and dandy, however if you followed the aforementioned steps, your skin is likely exposed and in a state of greater alacrity to absorb whatever is put on it. This can lead to irritation and breakouts. Don't get me wrong though, foam can be fine and has its own advantages like time, but if you're gonna use one, make sure it's safe. Check out this database on every skincare product imaginable and find a foaming emollient that's >4 on the database or matches your health needs.

If you want to go the traditional, natural route, use an emollient with a lipid base. Lipid-based products typically have a higher affinity for natural substances as opposed to synthetic, however they require more time applying, but also demand less quantity of product per use. Fatty emollients are traditionally lathered with a badger brush, but the brush is merely a luxury for those with lots of time or those who go to barbershops. Another great emollient is something as simple as olive oil or coconut oil. However, be wary that these oils will clog your drain so don't let it build up and use it sparingly.

View attachment 3068815View attachment 3068816

Now for the creme de la creme of this guide: the razor. To achieve a baby butt smooth shave, you absolutely need a straight-edge razor. Now I'm not talking about a straight blade that barbers use. No, you'll need a safety razor or better yet an injector razor. I personally use the injector razor because it's not as big or clunky as a safety razor and is actually the same size as your average Gillette, Harry's, Schick, Dollar Shave, etc. piece but with a modern aesthetic appeal and a superior design. The handle will cost you a pretty penny compared to the drug-store cartridge razors, but in the long run, it's a parsimonious and great investment. SE refills are also night and day cheaper than cartridge pieces and do not cause ingrown hairs like cartridge razors do. Even when slightly blunt, the SE razors will get you a BBS shave albeit in a longer shave sesh.

View attachment 3068782View attachment 3068786View attachment 3068788View attachment 3068799

Secondly, you'll want a plain-old cartridge razor. You're probably questioning why I added a cartridge razor here after that love letter to single-edge razors. Well the cartridge blade will serve as your vanguard and get your facial hair down to stubble without turning you into Jigsaw. I recommend using the cartridge razor all around the face for the first few passes but especially near the neck and the Adam's apple. The SE razors are quite sharp, fixed, accurate, and should be reserved for only stubborn hair and stubble (i.e. upper lip, chin, and jaw). Now the beauty of the single-blade is that you can use only it and still get a BBS shave albeit you'll be likely to have a lot more bloodied nicks and scratches. Most cartridge razors feature lubricated strips that prevent cuts and scrapes, and the heads are agile, unlike the stiff single-blades, allowing for it to contour and bend to the groove and angle of what it's pressed against. It also makes the shave a lot faster. Using an SE razor requires tact and focus to prevent the cuts, whereas the cartridge can be used with far less reserve.

View attachment 3068794View attachment 3068795

Using the cartridge razor, shave with the grain for the first couple of passes and then against the grain for the remainder. You should get your hair down to a smooth feeling, stubble at the bare minimum. If you have a full-on beard, use an electric razor to trim the hair, then a cartridge razor. The straight-edge will be your game closer. Using your thumb or index finger, gently press the skin where the stubborn hair is upwards so you can feel the stubborn stubble you wouldn't normally feel. Then using your hand with the SE, go against the grain and to the sides of the stubborn area. Make sure the region has an emollient applied, so you're not shaving bare skin. Do this a few times and wherever needed until you can no longer feel the stubble when you press against the skin. If done correctly as mentioned, your skin will be damn-near perfectly smooth and as smooth if not smoother than a baby's butt. Because of the closeness of the shave, your skin might sting a little afterwards.
View attachment 3069716

Since the skin is shaven so close and thus exposed, you'll want to avoid bumps, irritation, acne, and infection from forming. Wash your face with cold water to seal the dilated pores, dry it, then apply a dab of toner on a wet cotton ball and lightly tap it on the shaved areas. This is akin to how black barbershops use alcohol on close-shaved skin but less harsh. Next, seal everything with a hydrating moisturizer. If toner is too harsh on your skin, just opt for the moisturizer. If you're shaving at the beginning of the day, use a good SPF, doesn't have to be too fancy, chemical or physical, 50+, and broad-spectrum. If you're prone to hyperpigmentation, shaving without SPF can lead to dark spots, especially if you scraped yourself whilst shaving. Again, defer to the database when choosing products that are gonna be absorbed on your face. I also made a post about the best moisturizers.

View attachment 3068833View attachment 3068836

Frequency
Depending on the rate of your hair growth, this routine can be done at least every other day without issue. Typically, the shave will get me through the rest of the day and well into the next day without stubble. Shaving everyday is extremely rough on the skin and can lead to frequent cuts and scrapes and redness, thus try to be reasonable with how often you shave. I shave three times a week and opt to give my face a rest on the weekends.

Background
Discovered this method after a lot of trial and error betwixt using only cartridge razors and straight edge ones independent of each other. SE razors were too harsh on my face but accurate, leaving me with a smooth shave but bloodied scars all over my upper lip and chin. Cartridge razors were sensitive but not nearly as accurate enough to achieve a BBS close shave. I still could feel stubble under my chin. Finally I tried both in the same sessions, cartridge first then SE on the stubborn leftover hairs, and it worked beautifully that I've been doing it ever since and adding things here and there. Hope this can helps.

Stuff I Use
Seems like very unnatural psychopatic action common sense that bullshit

• +1
Reactions: Henry Rollins and DalitBoss
.org Pedos running in when they saw "How to get a baby butt"

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

• JFL
Reactions: TheBiggestIncelEver, niqfan625 and xegigi
What You'll Need
  • Manual razor(s)
  • Cleanser (opt)
  • Exfoliator (opt)
  • Toner (opt)
  • Moisturizer
  • SPF 50+

View attachment 3069770

View attachment 3069737

View attachment 3068815View attachment 3068816

View attachment 3068782View attachment 3068786View attachment 3068788View attachment 3068799

View attachment 3068794View attachment 3068795

View attachment 3069716

View attachment 3068833View attachment 3068836

Frequency

Background
Discovered this method after a lot of trial and error betwixt using only cartridge razors and straight edge ones independent of each other. SE razors were too harsh on my face but accurate, leaving me with a smooth shave but bloodied scars all over my upper lip and chin. Cartridge razors were sensitive but not nearly as accurate enough to achieve a BBS close shave. I still could feel stubble under my chin. Finally I tried both in the same sessions, cartridge first then SE on the stubborn leftover hairs, and it worked beautifully that I've been doing it ever since and adding things here and there. Hope this helps.

Stuff I Use
we got shaving guides now 💀 curries take note

• JFL
Reactions: TheBiggestIncelEver and niqfan625
This site is mostly Indians and other hairy ethnics, this advice is useless. Shaving every other day? I'd have half a beard by then
By all means, shave everyday. The frequency of how often to shave is a case by case basis. If your hair grows rapidly and you have a four o'clock shadow by midday, then shave the next morning. The guide can absolutely still apply regardless of your rate of hair growth.

Guide on how to shave balls with live demo please

shit thread it will grow back anyway