How to get a more vertical ramus if yours is already long?

D

Deleted member 3573

Neurotransmitter death
My ramus is already a good length and my jaw is wide from the front. However, I have a slightly more diamond shaped jawed instead of it being squared which does give it good angularity but not that wider mid-mandible look. Is it possible to achieve a more vertical ramus and in turn, and more square shaped face? My ramus is slanted and the gonial angle isn't quite as low as I'd like

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Jaw implant.

I thought you said you wanted a wider mid-mandible.

Implant would work. But wouldn't the gonions get too wide?

Depends on how wide they are now. If they’re as wide as your bizygomatic, and you’re just trying to lower your gonial angle, you could just get a small, angle implant that would give you the vertical ramus. However, if your jaw isn’t as wide as your bizygomatic, you can afford to widen it a bit.

Depends on how wide they are now. If they’re as wide as your bizygomatic, and you’re just trying to lower your gonial angle, you could just get a small, angle implant that would give you the vertical ramus. However, if your jaw isn’t as wide as your bizygomatic, you can afford to widen it a bit.

Hard to say without pictures.

Hard to say without pictures.
Right now, my bigonial is like over 90% of my bizygomatic but not quite as wide. It looks pretty wide and harmonious as it is though and the small ramus implant seems very nice and easy to get. Where are some result pics of that? An entire jaw implant would be more invasive obviously. Does msdo affect the mid mandible?

Right now, my bigonial is like over 90% of my bizygomatic but not quite as wide. It looks pretty wide and harmonious as it is though and the small ramus implant seems very nice and easy to get. Where are some result pics of that? An entire jaw implant would be more invasive obviously. Does msdo affect the mid mandible?
Don’t know what MSDO is. I don’t think ramus implants exist. Jaw angle implants exist, because making the ramus more vertical is going to affect where the mandible body meets it. In other words, lowering your gonial angle will make your jaw sit lower/be more square.

• +1
u need to rotate the maxilla so the jaw angle is lower

• +1
Reactions: Donc0ck and Deleted member 5385
Send pics but it sounds like you might need bigger masseters

• +1
This is perfect. I only need a small implant though

I’m kind of in the same situation. I have a wide jaw but the ramus isn’t 90 degrees and the body slopes down. I plan to get an implant that makes it more angular and sit lower.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3573

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-012125.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-012125.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 26
Here it is
You chew predominantly on your right side?

btw your jaw is actually pretty good. always room for improvement tho obvsly

You chew predominantly on your right side?

btw your jaw is actually pretty good. always room for improvement tho obvsly
I don't know honestly. Obvsly it's not perfectly symmetrical. I just wanna get it even better although my jaw already gets complements

I don't know honestly. Obvsly it's not perfectly symmetrical. I just wanna get it even better although my jaw already gets complements
chew on your left side and get a palatal expander

chew on your left side and get a palatal expander
So would getting mse and Msdo help me? My cheekbones do protrude a bit already so it'd be nice to improve that. Does msdo improve mid mandible?