How to get better at math?

D

Deleted member 11167

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
I'm really really bad at it.

I don't even know multiplication table jfl

Are there any online courses or resources to help?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: ItsOver.com, Arcturus and AlwaysHaveQuestions
how old are you

Khan academy maybe. You might have to pay money

• +1
Reactions: Arcturus and Deleted member 11167
why do you need to get better at math. its useless

Khan academy maybe. You might have to pay money
I know about it.

Its pretty useful tbh
Do you know anything similar to it?

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com
why do you need to get better at math. its useless
In 10 weeks or so I'm writing finals exams in my trade school.

I have good grades in all classes except math if I fail math class pretty much I will fuck up my diploma or something akin to that.

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and AlwaysHaveQuestions
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, AlwaysHaveQuestions and Deleted member 11167
custom brainoplasty implant

• JFL
Reactions: romm2el, KingCartierrr23, sandcelmuttcel and 6 others
jfl over for my ass that's studying to get into engineering
Sometimes I think I'm an idiot for signing up in a trade that requires high knowledge of math.

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and Arcturus
Eh idk tbh. I’m not doing so well in math class. But I do know that you need to find where the problem is happening. I have trouble with 3 areas

1. I genuinely don’t know the steps. In this case I just need to learn the material better

2. I forget+I’m too lazy to do the problem. This happens the most probably. I have failed tons of tests because I see the problem and instead of being excited to do it I just pussy out because it looks too hard

3. I make a careless mistake. Very common as well. You need to redo the math problem and see if you get the same answer as the first time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11167
jfl over for my ass that's studying to get into engineering
That’s why I didn’t want to do engineering. There’s too much math and it’s just too hard for me to do. I’ll end up building a faulty building that collapses because I forgot to carry the one or something jfl.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Deleted member 7651, Deleted member 11370 and 2 others
Eh idk tbh. I’m not doing so well in math class. But I do know that you need to find where the problem is happening. I have trouble with 3 areas

1. I genuinely don’t know the steps. In this case I just need to learn the material better

2. I forget+I’m too lazy to do the problem. This happens the most probably. I have failed tons of tests because I see the problem and instead of being excited to do it I just pussy out because it looks too hard

3. I make a careless mistake. Very common as well. You need to redo the math problem and see if you get the same answer as the first time.
Same I think problems lie in me not knowing the necessary steps in solving the task.

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com, Yerico7 and Arcturus
In 10 weeks or so I'm writing finals exams in my trade school.

I have good grades in all classes except math if I fail math class pretty much I will fuck up my diploma or something akin to that.
do more practice questions

Sometimes I think I'm an idiot for signing up in a trade that requires high knowledge of math.
not really, i don't like math but am into engineering for the money i'll get used to the math.

other part is medical/doctor but am not doing that cuz it takes too long for same money as engineering am not wasting my prime.

• +1
do more practice questions
The thing is I quite literally have zero knowledge of math.

I can do some tasks but only with the assistance of the teacher jfl.

This is what is really fucking me up I'm good at every other subject but I just cant do the math for shit.

• +1
not really, i don't like math but am into engineering for the money i'll get used to the math.

other part is medical/doctor but am not doing that cuz it takes too long for same money as engineering am not wasting my prime.
yeah
doctors surpass engineers in lifetime earnings at like 50 from what I’ve seen

• +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com, AsGoodAsItGets and Copeful
The thing is I quite literally have zero knowledge of math.

I can do some tasks but only with the assistance of the teacher jfl.

This is what is really fucking me up I'm good at every other subject but I just cant do the math for shit.
you might be just scared of math
you cant cure that but just spam practice questions. dont even try understanding. just think monkey see monkey do

• +1
It's more oriented to metallurgy
my nigga
is becoming a blacksmith
zRrpBE3.gif

high t job
mirin

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 11167 and AlwaysHaveQuestions
you might be just scared of math
you cant cure that but just spam practice questions. dont even try understanding. just think monkey see monkey do
This might be legit tbh.

I will try the method with khan academy

• +1
yeah
doctors surpass engineers in lifetime earnings at like 50 from what I’ve seen
i mean yeah i graphed all of this a while ago when i was thinking of the optimum career by sheer money doctor is the highest.

but imagine all the stress you'd get + the extra years in college for not a huge amount of money.

engineering has very good money generating output, with eh amount of college time and way less stress than doctors.

++ ik some connections that can get me into an engineering company 4th-3rd in the world too after college.

seemed like the best choice.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11167 and Copeful
Over. But seriously of you wanna get better, you need to get the basics right. Ie, 6,7,8 grade etc. you need to revisit all those texts

• +1
Over. But seriously of you wanna get better, you need to get the basics right. Ie, 6,7,8 grade etc. you need to revisit all those texts
I know but every time I try to teach myself I get overwhelmed

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com
I know but every time I try to teach myself I get overwhelmed
oh in that case, maybe khan academy. I had really good teachers. I would honestly say that you need to practice a lot (like every single day) as well as test yourself weekly if you actually wanna get better. I know this because I was a top student with ace grades in math. (And i only had a tough time when my basics related to what i was studying were weak and in that case i went back to the old books and cleared off the concepts because its like a pyramid and you can’t solve advanced math without being very good at the lower levels)

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 11167
@AlwaysHaveQuestions @Spiral @RoBobaFett999 @TheCopefulCurry @AsGoodAsItGets

Thx for the advice I have found the resources I need it. I will get to learning now tbh

• Love it
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ItsOver.com, Yerico7, Deleted member 11370 and 4 others

Thx for the advice I have found the resources I need it. I will get to learning now tbh

This is sick. Math is a very fulfilling subject to conquer. Good luck mate

• +1

Thanks nigga hope I can get a 5 on my AP calculus test next month using this :feelsyay:

• +1

Jfl not even close. Top doctors can make like 360k in the US with time but the highest paid engineers usually cap at like 160k

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11370 and Deleted member 11167
Jfl not even close. Top doctors can make like 360k in the US with time but the highest paid engineers usually cap at like 160k
am talking about average my ass is not gonna be a top doctor jfl

++ it varies by profession a urinary tract doctor won't be making as much as a plastic surgeon

• +1
Just keep using Khan Academy tbh. Math was my worst subject first year of high school but eventually became by far my best at the time I graduated. Khan Academy is all I used as far as online resources go and am majoring in Comp Sci atm.

Based curry.
sal-1.jpg

• +1
Youre just stupid

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11167 and Growth Plate
Why? What's the point?

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate
carnivore diet

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Finalcut123 and AsGoodAsItGets
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22, Deleted member 12165 and Deleted member 5189
Unironically math skills are more genetic than bone structure

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: HighTierNormie, Deleted member 11167, Growth Plate and 1 other person

@Grimba

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11167 and Deleted member 10413

The typical progression is:
Algebra 1-> Geometry -> Algebra 2 -> Trigonometry -> Precalculus -> Calculus (There is like 4 types of calculus)

As far as learning it goes what you should do is make an account on kahn academy: (https://www.khanacademy.org/math/algebra) and slowly progress through everything. Your learning progression should go something like:

Watch the kahn academy video -> Write down the example problem and make sure you understand it COMPLETLEY. Convert that idea into an image and put it in a memory palace (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Method_of_loci) -> Solve some practice problems related to the topic

You should think of every topic in math as a tool you can use to solve problems so it's important to understand how to use your tools, know where to find your tools (memorize them), and become proficient at using your tools.

When you inevitably come across a problem you don't understand then simplify that problem down as much as possible and figure out the exact piece of the problem you aren't understanding and hopefully everything will become clear (if it doesn't then just watch a different tutorial on the topic)

• +1
Reactions: twilight and Deleted member 11167
  • +1
  • +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and Deleted member 5189