How to get BSSO covered by insurance?

SidharthTheSlayer

SidharthTheSlayer

Anti-Cosmic Satanist
I have TMJ caused from overbite. I have to jut to gain more lower third height but would rather just get the jaw surgery already.

What do I say to get BSSO covered by insurance?

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
Solution
PointOfNoReturn
You probably have to see an orthodontist and tell him the problems having a malocclusion present you. If you suffer shit like sleep apnea, Bruxism, or tmj you can probably get some of the costs covered by insurance. A cursory internet browse will provide more answers than this forum.
I have TMJ caused from overbite. I have to jut to gain more lower third height but would rather just get the jaw surgery already.

What do I say to get BSSO covered by insurance?
If you live in a fourth world shithole or dysfunctional states of israel, forget about it.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 28896, PointOfNoReturn and SidharthTheSlayer
in a race to get all surgeries on parents insurance, no way ill get bsso if im spendign >5-8k

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn and SidharthTheSlayer
You probably have to see an orthodontist and tell him the problems having a malocclusion present you. If you suffer shit like sleep apnea, Bruxism, or tmj you can probably get some of the costs covered by insurance. A cursory internet browse will provide more answers than this forum.

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and SidharthTheSlayer
Solution
Do you think that the orthodontist will try and give me braces to fix the problem instead of BSSO? I have already been treated with invisalign for my overbite, but it didn't fully fix the problem. I just want a permanent and quick solution

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
Do you think that the orthodontist will try and give me braces to fix the problem instead of BSSO? I have already been treated with invisalign for my overbite, but it didn't fully fix the problem. I just want a permanent and quick solution
orthodontics are tricky to answer in the US. I don’t have much information on surgery in general. Your best option would be to get your X-rays and consult an overseas doctor where you can actually receive BSSO, and at an affordable price.

• Love it
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer