Reactions: Art of Pattinson and deadstock
Chess sucks and is a trucel tier hobby
Don't do it i was 1200elo

• WTF
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Art of Pattinson and majesticincel
  • Love it
Reactions: Art of Pattinson
I don't know because I don't play chess. But the advice is to play chess, unless you have non-linear learning

Otherwise, you could learn to play chess by arguing with people, something like this

Chess is a game of remembering stuff. Puzzles are not that bad, but just looking different debutes is x10 all the puzzle BS

Beggining of the game is like genetics, the rest is like lifestyle. And if you can reliably easily get better genetics(i.e. study all the popular debutes) - that's billion times better than eyebrow pulling(i.e. puzzles) xd

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: shizuku11111 and Beastimmung
Chess is a game of remembering stuff. Puzzles are not that bad, but just looking different debutes is x10 all the puzzle BS

Beggining of the game is like genetics, the rest is like lifestyle. And if you can reliably easily get better genetics(i.e. study all the popular debutes) - that's billion times better than eyebrow pulling(i.e. puzzles) xd
What are debutes

Just do chess.com puzzles?

I knew this guy who always did them in class and he mogged me hard in chess
Men will come along to teach you things...It doesn't make them any smarter...
Just watch this show and do exactly what this girl did to become a chess champion:

• JFL
Reactions: Litekiller11
Just watch this show and do exactly what this girl did to become a chess champion:
just be schizo and imagine a chess board while on drugs theory

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: majesticincel and Gonthar
What are debutes
Beggining of the game. Just search chess openings or chess debutes on youtube. Idk chess terminology in english, but I studied chess in russian quite a while ago. Was smth like 1800 rating as 10 year old, then got bored and stopped. Got 1500 quite easily on chess.com when I tried it recently

Nothing really matters unless you are good at the beggining. Esp at +- below 1300. Legit meme games

• +1
Reactions: Beastimmung
Just play it and you get experience

Just do chess.com puzzles?

I knew this guy who always did them in class and he mogged me hard in chess
Well, practice, lots of practice. Not just blind practice, deliberate practice. First, try to make sure you understand the rules and then play a few games to see where you fall short. Focus on those difficulties.
Along with that, space out your practice sessions, don't practice for 3 hours in a row, and then forget to practice the following 3 days. Instead, practicing for short durations (<30 min) and spacing that out over a day, or two, would be a lot better.

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
just be schizo and imagine a chess board while on drugs theory
1) She wasn't a schizo.
2) Drugs and alcohol can hamper concentration, it's better to avoid them, the part where she could play somehow better drunk, wasn't realistic.
3) Being able to easily imagine the chess board and pieces in your head is really important though for your playing ability.

Chess sucks and is a trucel tier hobby
Don't do it i was 1200elo
1400 elo lichess blitz here, chess is NOT a trucel tier lobby, and if you say that you play chess in front of a girl she will instantly think youre smart even if youre retarded

Beggining of the game. Just search chess openings or chess debutes on youtube. Idk chess terminology in english, but I studied chess in russian quite a while ago. Was smth like 1800 rating as 10 year old, then got bored and stopped. Got 1500 quite easily on chess.com when I tried it recently

Nothing really matters unless you are good at the beggining. Esp at +- below 1300. Legit meme games
openings arent really that much, you can literally memorize one opening for both white and black and thats basically it, you dont need to know openings until like 1600 lichess elo (i only play blitz and bullets so it may not be as important as rapid)

What you do need to learn is to read the board, and analyse whats happening

Lets play
openings arent really that much, you can literally memorize one opening for both white and black and thats basically it, you dont need to know openings until like 1600 lichess elo (i only play blitz and bullets so it may not be as important as rapid)

What you do need to learn is to read the board, and analyse whats happening