How to get motivation/desire to go to the gym

ZoomerSpicoid415

ZoomerSpicoid415

Silver
When I was 14-16 I was motivated and would actively feel like shit if I didn’t go to the gym

Now it’s a chore to go at 20

I am now getting 8 hours of sleep so I’m thinking the symptom may be low testosterone

Anything else?

Go in the morning before school/work. It takes more effort to get up and go after a long day.

Just stare at your pathetic skinny fat body in the mirror hahahahah

• +1
Reactions: oxymoron, Luffymaxxing, ZoomerSpicoid415 and 1 other person
Self hatred

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
u don't need motivation when u wake up like this

1491629 508562512582518 1780965240 n

Probably just depression. Lack of sex for too long post puberty does that to you.

Just stare at your pathetic skinny fat body in the mirror hahahahah
This is good advice, take your shirt off and look at your body in the mirror and you’ll want to go. Sometimes you need a reminder.

• JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
What made me consistently go was picking the excercises I liked, when someone reccomends you a workout plan or you copy one from online you wont like it as much, you need to spend time at the gym for a bit not to workout but think what parts of your body you need to workout and find the most enjoyable excercises to do that.

For example lateral raises:

Most people do these 2 arms at the same time but I hated it that way, instead I do it one arm at a time and I use a technique where I do a really short rest time and I do 3 sets.

Experiment with your set amount, if you do an excericse one arm or 2 arms and experiment with different excercises, do it how you want to do it not the most optimal way because when you do it how you want you go consistently.

• +1
Reactions: oxymoron
Just know that you have a ugly ass body that no one is attracted to and hate yourself to the point you have to go to the gym

• +1
Reactions: oxymoron
Go regardless of how you feel, focus on the end goal and why your doing it, not the present moment. After the first the couple months of going to gym it became a chore, but I still go regardless of I feel, because I want the gains, I want the strength. No one will lift the weights for you. Have a specific body goal, even if it isn't natty and look at it everytime you don't wanna go to remind you why you started and what your competition for your oneitis could look like.

When I was 14-16 I was motivated and would actively feel like shit if I didn’t go to the gym

Now it’s a chore to go at 20

I am now getting 8 hours of sleep so I’m thinking the symptom may be low testosterone

Anything else?
Stop being a pussy

• +1
Reactions: drimprovement