How to Get Rid of Active Acne

E

EthanCaldwell0928

Iron
Active acne is acne that is at the skin level whether it be a blackhead, whitehead etc. it doesn’t take a genius to know what active acne is. An active acne spot can be popped (DONT POP IT). You can feel it by the touch it’ll physically hurt. It’s very easy to get rid of active acne, actually much easier than acne scars.

Step 1: buy a benzoyl peroxide cleanser and use it every morning. if you have dry irritated skin, start with 2.5% and be very careful with it and make sure you are moisturizing. I wouldn’t go higher than 4%. 10% is just a cope, and all it does is cause more irritation. It’s proven that 4% is just as effective as 10% when used for 2+ months.

Step 2: fix your diet. Diet isn’t always the leading cause of acne, but a lot of the time it is. Cut out sugar, cut out dairy. It’s as simple as that. Stop consuming seed oils. Cook whole foods with healthy oils like olive oil, or beef tallow for example. Also eat a lot of fruits with antioxidants. Berries, pomegranates, etc just do your research.

Step 3: Get some sunlight. Obviously the sun is very controversial and it can be your best friend and worst enemy at the same time for your skin. Make sure you are using SPF, and get at least 10-20 mins of sunlight a day. Vitamin D is essential for your body, and the sun can help fade away acne spots, and work in your favour if you use sunscreen.

Honourable mentions: Salt water. Salt water has always been known to help open wounds. Acne is a facial wound. Swimming in salt water pools, or getting a salt solution can dry up your acne spots and help them heal quicker.

Accutane. This is a last resort because it can be hard on your liver, but for the most part the worst you’ll get is severe dryness throughout your face, lips, and hair as well. Your skin will also be very sensitive. Almost everything on this list won’t be able to be used, since your skin is very compromised on accutane. This is a last resort and I wouldn’t recommend unless u are 100% sure you’ve tried everything.

Accutane can leave PIE and PIH scars that can be harder to remove in the future.

• +1
Reactions: eiegta
I tried accutane earlier but I prefer tret. I am using the tretiwell from skinorac and it helps to maintain my gayglow