how to get rid of nasolabial folds long-term?

Oxygen

Oxygen

Ascending!!!
i think they are somewhat prominent on me because of my flat maxilla but not sure

• Hmm...
Reactions: normie_joe
Mid-face lift might help.

• +1
Reactions: Oxygen
LeFort-1-768x1024.png

It's not really caused by bones tbh. Some people don't have it when young and develop it as their fat pads start descending due to age.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 28414
I keep mine under control with micro-needling, going deep on them (1.5mm~~) seems to lessen them for a while.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: boss8055, tombradylover, User49 and 1 other person
i think they are somewhat prominent on me because of my flat maxilla but not sure

Quick question, do you sleep on your sides? The pressure on your cheek can effect nasolabial folds. Sleep on your back if possible.

Another option is Tretinoin

"After 84 days of treatment with tretinoin 0.025%, a statistically significant improvement was observed for nasolabial fold (2.4 ± 0.9 vs. 2.8 ± 0.7), supralabial wrinkles (1.1 ± 0.8 vs. 1.5 ± 0.9), pores (2.0 ± 1.6 vs. 3.2 ± 1.7), and pigmentation (1.6 ± 1.0 vs. 2.3 ± 1.2) (all P ≤ 0.05). These differences were sustained from Day 56 onwards for nasolabial folds, pores, and pigmentation. The difference between Day 84 and Day 0 was not statistically significant for glabellar wrinkles (1.8 ± 0.9 vs. 2.2 ± 0.9), crow's feet (2.1 ± 1.0 vs. 2.5 ± 0.9), and horizontal wrinkles on the forehead (1.6 ± 1.0 vs. 1.9 ± 0.9)."

Filler works but isn't recommended cause of migration.

A permanent surgical option is bimax, but that's too retarded for nasolabial folds only.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1140 and LowTrust
Quick question, do you sleep on your sides? The pressure on your cheek can effect nasolabial folds. Sleep on your back if possible.
Yes, i do. Ive tried sleeping on my back but i literally cant.
Another option is Tretinoin

"After 84 days of treatment with tretinoin 0.025%, a statistically significant improvement was observed for nasolabial fold (2.4 ± 0.9 vs. 2.8 ± 0.7), supralabial wrinkles (1.1 ± 0.8 vs. 1.5 ± 0.9), pores (2.0 ± 1.6 vs. 3.2 ± 1.7), and pigmentation (1.6 ± 1.0 vs. 2.3 ± 1.2) (all P ≤ 0.05). These differences were sustained from Day 56 onwards for nasolabial folds, pores, and pigmentation. The difference between Day 84 and Day 0 was not statistically significant for glabellar wrinkles (1.8 ± 0.9 vs. 2.2 ± 0.9), crow's feet (2.1 ± 1.0 vs. 2.5 ± 0.9), and horizontal wrinkles on the forehead (1.6 ± 1.0 vs. 1.9 ± 0.9)."
ill keep that in mind
Filler works but isn't recommended cause of migration.

A permanent surgical option is bimax, but that's too retarded for nasolabial folds only.
getting work done is my only option. i feel like fat grafting may improve them.

Flat maxilla, not lean enough, collagen of a dried corpse. Idk tbh usually issues have one specific cause (ex: uee = highest supras and lack of fat) but nasolabial folds are caused by a thousand different things

• +1
Reactions: Oxygen
so if I developed mild nasolabial folds on one side of my face, then is it reversible if I start sleeping on my back for a few months/years? Or is the damage done permanent?

so if I developed mild nasolabial folds on one side of my face, then is it reversible if I start sleeping on my back for a few months/years? Or is the damage done permanent?

Well it can't get worse only better.

• Love it
Reactions: LowTrust
I get nasolabial folds when I gain facial fat, when I am lean my nasolabial folds dissapear for the most part, also you need good collagen to reduce the appearance

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Oxygen and LowTrust