How to get the best gains of your life ASAP (Guide)

Most of y'all don't train correctly. You do excessive volume / really low frequency. By doing this you HARD hinder your gains.

-Just 1 set to failure/close to failure (rir 1/2) is enough for you to grow.

Also the 1st set of each exercise you do is the most stimulative, your next sets dont even come close stimulus-wise to your first one. What does this mean though?

This means that the more ''FIRST SETS'' you can do in a week, the more gains you will have. Generally, a muscle starts atrophying just some days after training it. This most likely happens 48-72 hours after training. So, according to all this, the best split you can possibly do might be a Full Body Split training 3 times a week or every other day.

-----How to structure your Full Body Split:

1 exercise per muscle (lats and upper back count as different muscles)
1-2 top sets per exercise rir 0-2 (start your program with rir 2 in the first week, then slowly build up to rir 0-1 as the weeks go by)
2 light warmup sets for each exercise, to prepare your muscles for your hard set and to get used to the movement
Have 2 or even 3 different Full Body days that you cycle each time
Don't go to failure every single set, so you dont create a lot of fatigue that you cant recover from in 48 hours, sweet spot of intensity is around RIR 1.
Start with the upper body and then move into lower body movements
, example if your goal is to max out aesthetics:
Shoulder Movement -> Lat Movement -> Chest Movement -> Upper Back Movement -> Bicep and Tricep Movements -> Legs (sequence doesnt matter as much here)
The main focus of your gym sessions should be your top sets, not the pump, not your posing in the mirror after every set. You should progressively overload every movement as the weeks go by and really push yourself hard. You should also use a regular tempo and good form and not change it throughout the weeks, this is crucial for your progress because if you use a different tempo every week you wont really know if you are progressing or changing principles to lift more weight. A 3-1-1-1 tempo is a good one for most exercises (3 seconds lowering, 1 second hold down, 1 second going up, 1 second holding up).

---You should also:
minimize your cardio and never even consider doing runs and shit. Your form of cardio should be walking, aiming for 8-12k steps a day. Excessive cardio KILLS your gains really hard. Aim for 1-1.3g of protein per lb of bodyweight, eat in a slight surplus (150-300 cals) and have high fats (+high saturated ones) to maximize your hormones and especially your testosterone. Fill the rest of your calories with carbs but try to hit your macros and micros every single day, especially the micros. Eat real food and ideally nothing processed. You should supplement creatine for its various benefits, magnesium, omega 3s, vitamin d3+k2 and even vitamin E since its hard to obtain through food. Coffee should be your friend as well, numerous benefits + performance boost.

I am not going to write a lot more. I am just disappointed in how many people train wrong and eat poorly, even though they want to maximize their gains. Follow this simple principle I just wrote for you for 2-3 months and come back to this thread. I PROMISE, you will get the best gains of your life during this. I guarantee it.

If you want to learn more about training, this guy is the best in the scene and always provides the best information about training on the internet.

ENJOY YOUR GAINS IF YOU FOLLOW THIS INFO, OR GO COPE WITH YOUR SHIT PROGRAM AND NEVER EXPERIENCE THE BEST POSSIBLE GAINS YOU CAN HAVE.

• +1
Reactions: countcereal, ey88 and BrickTop
Needle GIF by X Ambassadors

• +1
Reactions: dsheppa and PsychoDsk
Most of y'all don't train correctly. You do excessive volume / really low frequency. By doing this you HARD hinder your gains.

Also the 1st set of each exercise you do is the most stimulative, your next sets dont even come close stimulus-wise to your first one. What does this mean though?

This means that the more ''FIRST SETS'' you can do in a week, the more gains you will have. Generally, a muscle starts atrophying just some days after training it. This most likely happens 48-72 hours after training. So, according to all this, the best split you can possibly do might be a Full Body Split training 3 times a week or every other day.

1-2 top sets per exercise rir 0-2 (start your program with rir 2 in the first week, then slowly build up to rir 0-1 as the weeks go by)
2 light warmup sets for each exercise, to prepare your muscles for your hard set and to get used to the movement
Don't go to failure every single set, so you dont create a lot of fatigue that you cant recover from in 48 hours, sweet spot of intensity is around RIR 1.
Shoulder Movement -> Lat Movement -> Chest Movement -> Upper Back Movement -> Bicep and Tricep Movements -> Legs (sequence doesnt matter as much here)
The main focus of your gym sessions should be your top sets, not the pump, not your posing in the mirror after every set. You should progressively overload every movement as the weeks go by and really push yourself hard. You should also use a regular tempo and good form and not change it throughout the weeks, this is crucial for your progress because if you use a different tempo every week you wont really know if you are progressing or changing principles to lift more weight. A 3-1-1-1 tempo is a good one for most exercises (3 seconds lowering, 1 second hold down, 1 second going up, 1 second holding up).

---You should also:
minimize your cardio and never even consider doing runs and shit. Your form of cardio should be walking, aiming for 8-12k steps a day. Excessive cardio KILLS your gains really hard. Aim for 1-1.3g of protein per lb of bodyweight, eat in a slight surplus (150-300 cals) and have high fats (+high saturated ones) to maximize your hormones and especially your testosterone. Fill the rest of your calories with carbs but try to hit your macros and micros every single day, especially the micros. Eat real food and ideally nothing processed. You should supplement creatine for its various benefits, magnesium, omega 3s, vitamin d3+k2 and even vitamin E since its hard to obtain through food. Coffee should be your friend as well, numerous benefits + performance boost.

I am not going to write a lot more. I am just disappointed in how many people train wrong and eat poorly, even though they want to maximize their gains. Follow this simple principle I just wrote for you for 2-3 months and come back to this thread. I PROMISE, you will get the best gains of your life during this. I guarantee it.

If you want to learn more about training, this guy is the best in the scene and always provides the best information about training on the internet.

ENJOY YOUR GAINS IF YOU FOLLOW THIS INFO, OR GO COPE WITH YOUR SHIT PROGRAM AND NEVER EXPERIENCE THE BEST POSSIBLE GAINS YOU CAN HAVE.
High iq thread mirin

How would you structure an upper lower split and PPL split?

And what do u think about the bro split.

---You should also:

High saturated is the fastest way to die because atherosclerosis.

• JFL
Reactions: BrickTop
High iq thread mirin

How would you structure an upper lower split and PPL split?

And what do u think about the bro split.
I would put 1-2 exercises in the start of the workout that I really wanted to focus on and progressively overload the most. 2-3 sets for those rir 0-2 and then follow up with the rest of the workout with 1-2 sets per exercise rir 1-2 mostly but even work up to rir 0 near the end of a program. Every muscle gets 1 exercise, 4-5 exercises per workout without counting neck, abs or wrist curls. Tbh upper lower is more fun than a full body split but it wont give you as good gains (only slight difference though)

I wouldnt program PPL for an intermediate-advanced athlete since theres no much room for recovery but if you really enjoy that split you can still run it I guess. Also, I dont really like the bro split but you will get gains with it as long as you dont overtrain, eat correctly and progressively overload the movements

yeah bro eating eggs, dairy and meats is bad for you
Eggs have low content on saturated fats, so I think you truly don't understand nutrition. Saturated fat is linked with increased levels of LDL. And LDL is linked to various conditions you don't want to have.

Eggs have low content on saturated fats, so I think you truly don't understand nutrition. Saturated fat is linked with increased levels of LDL. And LDL is linked to various conditions you don't want to have.
8 eggs have 15g of saturated fats which is quite a lot if you have a goal of 30-40g of saturated fats a day

Look at cbum, he has a multimillion dollar enterprise that depends on him maximizing gains. He goes to failure on most sets and does like 4 or more for each exercise

• JFL
Reactions: geenger
Solid advice, you definitely follow paul carter and he is legit.

• +1
Reactions: gymcopecel
I would put 1-2 exercises in the start of the workout that I really wanted to focus on and progressively overload the most. 2-3 sets for those rir 0-2 and then follow up with the rest of the workout with 1-2 sets per exercise rir 1-2 mostly but even work up to rir 0 near the end of a program. Every muscle gets 1 exercise, 4-5 exercises per workout without counting neck, abs or wrist curls. Tbh upper lower is more fun than a full body split but it wont give you as good gains (only slight difference though)

I wouldnt program PPL for an intermediate-advanced athlete since theres no much room for recovery but if you really enjoy that split you can still run it I guess. Also, I dont really like the bro split but you will get gains with it as long as you dont overtrain, eat correctly and progressively overload the movements
What’s a good split for intermediate lifting and advanced lifting?
I’m almost at 2 plate bench 3 plate squat 4 plate dl.
I’ve heard of mesocycles microcycles, etc.
And I’ve been doing PP rest UL
or PP rest PPL, what makes full body good? It doesn’t seem that effective