How to Identify the best University to attend

D

Deleted member 6128

Pruhtty Women 🫶
The ranking of your University doesn't dictate the chances of you joining a prestigious company or matter of fact even being employed. Don't forget those rankings are inflated by other factors like muh nightlife quality, fucking student satisfaction, sports, and other meaningless bs like that, in full truth you can dictate if you can get a job after university by simply observing its location.

Ofc I'm a UKcel so I can only apply this here but think about it a Student in London(KCL, QM, UCL, ICL) has a higher chance of being recruited to a top financial firm like JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs compared to a Student at UCLA (Cali) why? Because London is a fucking financial hub and the UCLA student would do better at getting into a FAANG as Cali is a fucking Tech hub compared to London.

TLDR, Uni in big city > Uni in nowhere

Also here's my list of Unis in the Uk after research done
Oxbridge Tier: Oxford, Cambridge, and LSE (LSE literally has billionaires and millionaires come in to give talks its the UK equivalent to Harvard)
Tier 1: UCL, Imperial, Warwick, and St Andrews
Tier 2: Durham, Uni of Manchester, KCL, and Bath
Tier 3: Uni of Birmingham, Loughborough, and Edinburgh
Tier 4: Uni of Nottingham, Glasgow, Lancaster, Uni of Bristol

Actually, fuck the tier list just make sure you don't attend any of the universities not mentioned

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, poopoohead, LooksOrDeath and 2 others
It depends on your major. Uni ranking matters the most with fields with a surplus of applicants like anything finance or sales related. In comparison tech people hardly seem to fret about their uni.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead
It depends on your major. Uni ranking matters the most with midwit jobs with a surplus of applicants like anything finance or sales related. In comparison tech people hardly fret about their uni.
No one from a bum University studying CS goes straight into FAANG or lands a 6 fig job in HFT

• +1
Reactions: kiyopon, poopoohead, ChiraqJihad and 1 other person
The ranking of your University doesn't dictate the chances of you joining a prestigious company or matter of fact even being employed. Don't forget those rankings are inflated by other factors like muh nightlife quality, fucking student satisfaction, sports, and other meaningless bs like that, in full truth you can dictate if you can get a job after university by simply observing its location.

Ofc I'm a UKcel so I can only apply this here but think about it a Student in London(KCL, QM, UCL, ICL) has a higher chance of being recruited to a top financial firm like JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs compared to a Student at UCLA (Cali) why? Because London is a fucking financial hub and the UCLA student would do better at getting into a FAANG as Cali is a fucking Tech hub compared to London.

TLDR, Uni in big city > Uni in nowhere

Oxbridge Tier: Oxford, Cambridge, and LSE (LSE literally has billionaires and millionaires come in to give talks its the UK equivalent to Harvard)

Actually, fuck the tier list just make sure you don't attend any of the universities not mentioned
- Decide which professions interest you
- look up the top firms on linked in
- look what kind of universities their entry-position employees went to
- Go to those schools

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead, LooksOrDeath and Deleted member 6128

Bristol is way too low

it should be a tier 2

• +1
Reactions: MEMPSK, poopoohead and Deleted member 6128
I am making more now than anyone rotting on this forum could dream of.