How to improve a narrow mouth ?

Maesthetic

Maesthetic

"You can always be thinner, look better"
I've a sub5 tier Nose to Mouth ratio, my mouth is too narrow for my face :feelswhy: What can I do to "hide" this failo ? Growing a stubble maybe (so as not to draw attention to my mouth) ?

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, NoPainNoChick, Nims and 1 other person
mouth widening device

• +1
Reactions: rand anon, Lawton88, Maesthetic and 1 other person
softmaxxes: can try mouth widening with 3d printed wideners, grow a beard to make it less noticeable

hard maxes: mouth widening surgery, rhino, mse/bimax can both widen lips but often widen nasal base too

softmaxxes: can try mouth widening with 3d printed wideners, grow a beard to make it less noticeable

hard maxes: mouth widening surgery, rhino, mse/bimax can both widen lips but often widen nasal base too
Have you already tried the mouth widener ?

Have you already tried the mouth widener ?
yes i did for about a month. i kept ripping my lips open (the sides of it) and always just had temporary gains. they went away after a couple of mins

when i read it causes folds, i stopped

• +1
Reactions: Maesthetic
yes i did for about a month. i kept ripping my lips open (the sides of it) and always just had temporary gains. they went away after a couple of mins

so what are you doing currently to fix that ? I think that I just need to accept my failo tbh

so what are you doing currently to fix that ? I think that I just need to accept my failo tbh
ever since i gained some bf im my face and stubble its waaaay less visible so nothing tbh

being very lean only benefits u if you have good bone mass tbh, normal bf range (13-15%) is better for average bones imo

I've a sub5 tier Nose to Mouth ratio, my mouth is too narrow for my face :feelswhy: What can I do to "hide" this failo ? Growing a stubble maybe (so as not to draw attention to my mouth) ?
49.3-62.9mm mouth and a 35.6-43.2mm nose (ala to ala) are cephalometricly average so maybe you don't have too small a mouth, maybe your alars just flare too much or some ratios make the mouth look small.

Mouth widening device i have proof it works i gained over 2 cm with it srs

Mouth widening device i have proof it works i gained over 2 cm with it

It never gave me folds I stopped gains were permanent

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1140

so does this make the middle meatish part of the lips grow or just opens the sides of the mouth? which would look like utter shit imo

thats why mouth widening and messing with lips is a joke. you either got a pretty mouth or not

ops mouth will always look like shit no offence :fuk:

49.3-62.9mm mouth and a 35.6-43.2mm nose (ala to ala) are cephalometricly average so maybe you don't have too small a mouth, maybe your alars just flare too much or some ratios make the mouth look small.
how do you measure them my brain is turned off rn :hnghn:

• +1
Reactions: Maesthetic and Seth Walsh
so does this make the middle meatish part of the lips grow or just opens the sides of the mouth? which would look like utter shit imo

thats why mouth widening and messing with lips is a joke. you either got a pretty mouth or not

ops mouth will always look like shit no offence :fuk:
It widens the side of mouth

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and wollet2
Ruler maybe 🤟🤟
i mean i assume you dont measure the photo right? i asked because you seemed to know ops measurements i understood wrong prob

also in real life idk how the 3d geometry and stuff will impact the mm's thats why it seems hard to me. i guess ill try it

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
i mean i assume you dont measure the photo right? i asked because you seemed to know ops measurements i understood wrong prob

also in real life idk how the 3d geometry and stuff will impact the mm's thats why it seems hard to me. i guess ill try it
Oh nah I was just giving the range for normal mouth width and normal nasal width 🤜

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
Some people have very narrow mouth but thick lips
your bottom lip looks thick. upper lip looks decently thick too it just lacks in weidth. you need more horizontal lip but you cant grow it idk how to say it

maybe is just my face which is too wide ? I dont know honestly but maybe 99% of people will not noticed my failo tbh

• +1
ever since i gained some bf im my face and stubble its waaaay less visible so nothing tbh

being very lean only benefits u if you have good bone mass tbh, normal bf range (13-15%) is better for average bones imo
I look better with a low bf tbh but yes I will try minoxidil to stubblemax

maybe is just my face which is too wide ? I dont know honestly but maybe 99% of people will not noticed my failo tbh
Yeah from what I can see, your mouth width to bigonial width ratio is too low (normal is about 0.55). Your upper lip vermillion height to upper lip height ratio is too low also. Normal vermillion upper lip is about 13.8- 14mm and normal upper lip is about 25-26.5mm (upper lip incl philtrum). So your actual upper lip should be about 54-60% of your upper lip + philtrum to look harmonic

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and Maesthetic
Yeah from what I can see, your mouth width to bigonial width ratio is too low (normal is about 0.55). Your upper lip vermillion height to upper lip height ratio is too low also. Normal vermillion upper lip is about 13.8- 14mm and normal upper lip is about 25-26.5mm (upper lip incl philtrum). So your actual upper lip should be about 54-60% of your upper lip + philtrum to look harmonic
Do you think stubble frauding is legit ? or what should I do else ?

@Maesthetic Basically I think your lips are too small for your mouth. It's probs not an issue of having a small mouth since your gonions and cheekbones seem to be wide enough.

get your mouth stretched out by fat coke can cocks

Smile wide & smile more & hard smile in the mirror as a facial exercise.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20370 and Seth Walsh
@Maesthetic Basically I think your lips are too small for your mouth. It's probs not an issue of having a small mouth since your gonions and cheekbones seem to be wide enough.
Concretly there is nothing I can do exept accept it ?

• +1
Do you think stubble frauding is legit ? or what should I do else ?
I'm not sure what you can do tbh. It's just a harmony thing. Even if you actually widened your lips, they'd still be too small on your face. It's something you should probs just not worry about. And sorry for blackpilling you about mouth-area harmony but yeah you should probs just not focus on it coz there's really nothing to do and it's not even that bad. It's just an area where you lack a bit of harmony but it's not a major failo or anything

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: wollet2 and Maesthetic
Smile wide & smile more & hard smile in the mirror as a facial exercise.
My smile is so subhuman tbh, I've a 6 teeth smile so I never smile :lul:

Anyone got a link to a legit device that will work?

There is a surgery for that but not sure how expensive it is.

• +1
Concretly there is nothing I can do exept accept it ?
Reducing alar flare will probs make your mouth look better than doing anything to your lips. Ratios/harmony is something that's never talked about here but it's important to know how everything plays into each other.

Your ala (nostrils) could be reduced, idk how... Probs wouldn't go as far as surgery. But imo reducing the nostril flare will make the whole area look a bit better. Mouth/lip widening is kind of a meme. I don't think any of those devices work and even if they do, I don't think they'd produce any aesthetic changes

• +1
  • +1
Reducing alar flare will probs make your mouth look better than doing anything to your lips. Ratios/harmony is something that's never talked about here but it's important to know how everything plays into each other.

Your ala (nostrils) could be reduced, idk how... Probs wouldn't go as far as surgery. But imo reducing the nostril flare will make the whole area look a bit better. Mouth/lip widening is kind of a meme. I don't think any of those devices work and even if they do, I don't think they'd produce any aesthetic changes
seems to be the solution but I don't want to do any surgeries atm but yes it can maybe fix my problem

• +1
There is a surgery for that but not sure how expensive it is.
Yeah I'm not a fan of recommending surgeries to try fix harmony but if OP or anything where ratios are being messed with but if @Maesthetic really wanted to go all in he could get a lip lift+alarplasty. There's a mouth widening surgery called "fishtail flap" but it looks dodgy asf. Other than that, mewing and mouth stretching might help. But it's kinda stupid to put so much effort into a small thing. I'm just trying to give the best advice I can.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
Yeah I'm not a fan of recommending surgeries to try fix harmony but if OP or anything where ratios are being messed with but if @Maesthetic really wanted to go all in he could get a lip lift+alarplasty. There's a mouth widening surgery called "fishtail flap" but it looks dodgy asf. Other than that, mewing and mouth stretching might help. But it's kinda stupid to put so much effort into a small thing. I'm just trying to give the best advice I can.

I remember seeing someone that had a real narrow mouth getting that mouth widening surgery and it really helped their face a lot. I have heard some people had success with the mouth widening devices.

• +1
seems to be the solution but I don't want to do any surgeries atm but yes it can maybe fix my problem
Also practice smiling a lot. I think that'll actually help

I look better with a low bf tbh but yes I will try minoxidil to stubblemax
Never, ever apply topical minoxidil on your face:dafuckfeels:. It's not worth the low density "stubble" you gain for losing your youthful skin.:feelsyay:

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
Never, ever apply topical minoxidil on your face:dafuckfeels:. It's not worth the low density "stubble" you gain for losing your youthful skin.:feelsyay:
Yep minoxidil fucking ruins the skin. Minox is an easy way to make a mouth area look bad imo

• +1
Reactions: rand anon and Jpg
Also practice smiling a lot. I think that'll actually help
Big folds when I smile + 6 teeth smile, I avoid to smile as much as possible, it doesn't look good

Is this sking aging / collagen loss caused by minoxidil real or it's just a myth ? Like if I have a good skincare routine + dermarolling I will still rape my skin ?

Big folds when I smile + 6 teeth smile, I avoid to smile as much as possible, it doesn't look good
Yeah I used to do the same. Trying to hold a smile would cause some type of tremoring in my lips and it felt really weird. Probs because I had aa pair of upper premolars removed so I only have 12 teeth on the top. Really consistent mewing over the past 3.5-4yrs helped with that though and I feel like my lips have got a bit wider and now I can smile easier. Try to expand your dental arch by applying bilateral outward force as well as a upward+forward when you mew.

It's not gonna cause skeletal changes but it could push out the alveolar ridge a bit and change your smile over time.

• +1
Yeah I used to do the same. Trying to hold a smile would cause some type of tremoring in my lips and it felt really weird. Probs because I had aa pair of upper premolars removed so I only have 12 teeth on the top. Really consistent mewing over the past 3.5-4yrs helped with that though and I feel like my lips have got a bit wider and now I can smile easier. Try to expand your dental arch by applying bilateral outward force as well as a upward+forward when you mew.
Thanks, I will do that for sure

• +1
Is this sking aging / collagen loss caused by minoxidil real or it's just a myth ? Like if I have a good skincare routine + dermarolling I will still rape my skin ?
Yeah it's caused by minox. We saw it all happen to @Lifeisgood74 back in the day. Brutal

Nah I'd drop the minoxidil tbh. It's a looksminner imo

I remember seeing someone that had a real narrow mouth getting that mouth widening surgery and it really helped their face a lot. I have heard some people had success with the mouth widening devices.
I'm one of them

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and Seth Walsh
Yeah it's caused by minox. We saw it all happen to @Lifeisgood74 back in the day. Brutal

Nah I'd drop the minoxidil tbh. It's a looksminner imo
the question is is this an isolated case or is it like that for the majority ? cuz on reddit the majority of people didn't noticed any collagen loss. Btw for people who lost collagen, it will go back to normal after stopping the treatment or its fucked for ever ?