How to improve stamina and concentration?

blacksheep

blacksheep

Iron
I'm a filmmaker and as you might know shooting days of at least 10 hours are normal. No director's chairs when you're starting in the industry. You're gonna be on your feet all day. Depending on your set position, even your arms will get a workout.

Besides my feet, legs, back, arms and neck hurting, I do really struggle with maintaining my concentration. It usually goes well for the first half of the day, then have lunch, seem to get into a food coma that progressively gets worse until I can't properly function anymore and experience brain fog. Don't know if these are actual food comas, cuz a normal food coma passes after some time, while mine only pass after falling asleep. Not unimportant to note is that these "food comas" happen quite often to me. Anytime I eat a meal that is heavier in carbs and/or fats (pasta, oatmeal, bread, pancakes, fried foods) this happens to me. I think this is most likely due to being anorexic for the past 6 years. I'm currently not underweight anymore and have not been for 2 years. I do feel like my body is just not used to processing larger or heavier amounts of food anymore. Also have chronic low blood pressure and random outbreaks of anemia cuz of this. Am an aspie, the type that gets easily overstimulated so the feeling of having brain fog after being in a busy environment is an everyday thing for me. I think that can all contribute to how I feel on set.

Everyone on set is tired by the end of the day obviously. What does bother me is how I usually seem to be fried the most. Last shooting period I apparently started speaking like a drunk at some point from pure exhaustion. Is there any advice on how to prevent my body aching, but especially the whole "food coma"/brain fog so I can work properly?

TLDR; how to fix food coma/brain fog after long day on film set?