How to lean bulk without gaining any face fat?

DarkAscender

DarkAscender

Ascending
I’m 6’1 and 68kg which is about 150lbs. I’m trying to lean bulk to say 75-80kg and then start cutting. I’m trying to see if bulking is really a meme or not.

I think I’m like 12-13% bodyfat. How can I bulk without gaining too much bodyfat in my face?

Last edited:
10% calorie surplus is all you need.

TDEE calculator: https://tdeecalculator.net/

Set to Sedentary, enter stats, add 100 calories to account for calories burned lifting weights, then your 10% calorie surplus and you're all set. Track weight on a weekly basis, you should be gaining 0.5 lbs per week. If you're not gaining any weight after a month, increase by 250 calories, and repeat.

Bulking is a meme if you overdo it. Don't be gaining 4+ lbs of weight per month unless you want to get fat. Muscle growth is going to be slow anyways, but 2 lbs per month gained means 24 lbs per year, that adds up to a lot of muscle and not much fat.

Bulk when your waist is 43-44% of your height, cut when it's 48% of your height. At my recommended rate, you can lean bulk for 1 year and a half to 2 years, and then cut in 4 months or so and repeat without getting too fat.

Program and transformation in my signature.
Recommended youtube fitness channels:
Basement Bodybuilding, Natural Hypertrophy, and Geoffrey Verity Schofield.

• +1
Reactions: liquidnb and DarkAscender
10% calorie surplus is all you need.

TDEE calculator: https://tdeecalculator.net/

Set to Sedentary, enter stats, add 100 calories to account for calories burned lifting weights, then your 10% calorie surplus and you're all set. Track weight on a weekly basis, you should be gaining 0.5 lbs per week. If you're not gaining any weight after a month, increase by 250 calories, and repeat.

Bulking is a meme if you overdo it. Don't be gaining 4+ lbs of weight per month unless you want to get fat. Muscle growth is going to be slow anyways, but 2 lbs per month gained means 24 lbs per year, that adds up to a lot of muscle and not much fat.

Bulk when your waist is 43-44% of your height, cut when it's 48% of your height. At my recommended rate, you can lean bulk for 1 year and a half to 2 years, and then cut in 4 months or so and repeat without getting too fat.

Program and transformation in my signature.
Recommended youtube fitness channels:
Basement Bodybuilding, Natural Hypertrophy, and Geoffrey Verity Schofield.
Well damn I didn’t expect to get such an in-depth answer

Well damn I didn’t expect to get such an in-depth answer
If you want to maximize consistency, I recommend getting a home gym, it's much easier to make it into a routine when you can train at home. Just right now, I'm deadlifting just a few meters from my computer.

• +1
Reactions: DarkAscender