How to learn open water swimming

ElTruecel

ElTruecel

biggest rotter on the internet
How do people swim miles far in the beach without getting tired. When I swim deep in the open water and I try to stand but can’t feel the ground my breathing speeds up and I panic a bit.

How do you open water swim maxx so you can swim without that feeling in the ocean.

• +1
Reactions: coispet and cavy

Open ur arms like this

• JFL
Reactions: Kelly Oubre Jr, ElTruecel, 97baHater and 1 other person
How do people swim miles far in the beach without getting tired. When I swim deep in the open water and I try to stand but can’t feel the ground my breathing speeds up and I panic a bit.

How do you open water swim maxx so you can swim without that feeling in the ocean.
skill issue

I find floating quite easy, I probably could be for a few hours floating in the water till exhaustion. If the area where you can swim in the sea is not delimited and you go really far then it can get scary as you have no idea what type of creatures might appear next to you.

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
I find floating quite easy, I probably could be for a few hours floating in the water till exhaustion. If the area where you can swim in the sea is not delimited and you go really far then it can get scary as you have no idea what type of creatures might appear next to you.
Well I caught a jellyfish in Spain when I was at the beach.

• +1
Reactions: Debetro

learn to float first bhai, on your back so you dont get tired, its mainly a mental thing as panicking will only make u get tired faster

• +1
learn to float first bhai, on your back so you dont get tired, its mainly a mental thing as panicking will only make u get tired faster
Swimming on your back is way easier in the open water than swimming standard freestyle

What a fucking coincidence :lul:

Screenshot 20240831 234055 Chrome

• JFL
Reactions: chudlite, ElTruecel and cavy
You need to relax when you swim, you panic you get tired quickly, can't float and drown

It's also like 90% training, there isn't a trick or anything aside from relaxing, you just swim over and over again until you get used to it

• +1

You will never be @asdvek bhai. His open water swimming skill cannot be matched or emulated by another human being.

• JFL
I’m on holiday right now and this is my exact problem, I’m a very very quick swimmer but my lung capacity is quite shit and i can’t really “breath” whilst I swim properly either because I never learnt how to (as in tilting your head to the side to grasp and inhale air), so my laps are very short, I can’t really float in deep regions of the ocean either lol, I’m kind of a borderline intermediate swimmer

I think to do this you just need more experience swimming in the ocean for longer periods of time, I remember when I found out some Indian motnerfucka swam from one country to another somehow without stopping… :what:

• +1
Reactions: chudlite and ElTruecel
What's there to be afraid of?
Only thing to be aware of are speedboats realistically.

• Hmm...
What's there to be afraid of?
Only thing to be aware of are speedboats realistically.
Getting tired and drowning because you can’t swim anymore
I’m on holiday right now and this is my exact problem, I’m a very very quick swimmer but my lung capacity is quite shit and i can’t really “breath” whilst I swim properly either because I never learnt how to (as in tilting your head to the side to grasp and inhale air), so my laps are very short, I can’t really float in deep regions of the ocean either lol, I’m kind of a borderline intermediate swimmer
Same. My breathing has gotten worse in fact for some reason.
I think to do this you just need more experience swimming in the ocean for longer periods of time, I remember when I found out some Indian motnerfucka swam from one country to another somehow without stopping… :what:
Yea there’s some competitions and large events for feats like that.

• +1
Reactions: coispet
Getting tired and drowning because you can’t swim anymore

Same. My breathing has gotten worse in fact for some reason.

Yea there’s some competitions and large events for feats like that.
I’m complaining about my lung capacity but drank 20 Turkish teas and smoked a bunch of shisha with my old man today, feel like shit this holiday

Wish I started swimming as a child though

• +1

practice laying on ur back in water

• +1
do this in a public pool or w a friend first so you dont kill urself
No I can swim perfectly lol it’s just different when you’re in the open water. Laying on your back does make open water swimming so much easier though.

No I can swim perfectly lol it’s just different when you’re in the open water. Laying on your back does make open water swimming so much easier though.
no its not lmfao, open water is the same as being in a pool that is like 13-15 ft deep. it just means u need to practice wading in water

Swimming on your back is way easier in the open water than swimming standard freestyle
i was mainly speaking of the issue of getting tired in open water, whenever you panic just float on your back,

endurance is the main key in long swimming for longer periods which you can only train by swimming

• +1
no its not lmfao, open water is the same as being in a pool that is like 13-15 ft deep. it just means u need to practice wading in water
Absolutely not. A lake is more different than swimming in the ocean even. I was able to mile swim around a lake when I was 14. sea is much different
i was mainly speaking of the issue of getting tired in open water, whenever you panic just float on your back,

endurance is the main key in long swimming for longer periods which you can only train by swimming
true

• +1
Reactions: chudlite

are you white ?

• JFL

Been swimming since a jit. It’s like walking to me.

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel and chudlite
Been swimming since a jit. It’s like walking to me.
nigga yeeen ain kno shieet bout trappin yun nigga like me wuz in tha trap flippin uhhh got dauuum brick real jhit shitnyeeen

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sb23 and ElTruecel