How to lengthen the lower jaw?

.👽.

.👽.

everyone can get a GF except me💔
Im getting a bsso and genio in 4 weeks (10mm projection) but i want more. But the problem is my maxilla, i cant get more lower jaw projection without moving the maxilla more forward, or im risking getting an underbite (i have a overbite right now)

I didnt opt for the bimax because everyone (on this forum, realself, and my surgeon) said i shouldt get it.

So whats the alternative? Implants at my gonial angle? If im getting this surgery i want to get the most out of it.

• +1
Reactions: aphelios
wdym lenghten? saggital wise? or width?

Yea saggital i Think. So its more defined from the profile view.

Chew and mew.

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: antiantifa and randomvanish
Im getting a bsso and genio in 4 weeks (10mm projection) but i want more. But the problem is my maxilla, i cant get more lower jaw projection without moving the maxilla more forward, or im risking getting an underbite (i have a overbite right now)

I didnt opt for the bimax because everyone (on this forum, realself, and my surgeon) said i shouldt get it.

So whats the alternative? Implants at my gonial angle? If im getting this surgery i want to get the most out of it.
Bimax wont give more definition to the gonian angle btw, if you have weak gonial you will still need implants for the gonial angle later.
Are you already with braces for decompensation? Since you have an overbite

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Bimax wont give more definition to the gonian angle btw, if you have weak gonial you will still need implants for the gonial angle later.
Are you already with braces for decompensation? Since you have an overbite
Really? Idk most before/afters of bimax/bsso have much more defined jaws, but they get much mire expansion than 10mm..

No im getting braces 1 day before surgery, im a surgery first patient

• +1
Really? Idk most before/afters of bimax/bsso have much more defined jaws, but they get much mire expansion than 10mm..

No im getting braces 1 day before surgery, im a surgery first patient
Your surgeon will tell you for sure if you need gonial angle after, unless he doesn't do it.
If you are a surgery first i don't think you can get more than 1cm of bsso (never saw a single case of more than 1cm advancement on surgery first) and even that + 5mm genio is still 15mm of projection, gonna give you a lot of definition for the side profile

• +1
Your surgeon will tell you for sure if you need gonial angle after, unless he doesn't do it.
If you are a surgery first i don't think you can get more than 1cm of bsso (never saw a single case of more than 1cm advancement on surgery first) and even that + 5mm genio is still 15mm of projection, gonna give you a lot of definition for the side profile
No its 10mm with the genio together. Bsso only is 6mm only. And thats because my lower teeth are flared out, i think if they fixed them first i could get 1-2mm more bsso. Idk

• +1
No its 10mm with the genio together. Bsso only is 6mm only. And thats because my lower teeth are flared out, i think if they fixed them first i could get 1-2mm more bsso. Idk
Doesn't your surgeon want to fix the teeth first? Or is not noticiable problem? if they protrude a lot for sure you will need to fix that first.

Is the surgeon on the safe side btw? Did you tell him that you want the maximum advancement possible?

• +1
Doesn't your surgeon want to fix the teeth first? Or is not noticiable problem? if they protrude a lot for sure you will need to fix that first.

Is the surgeon on the safe side btw? Did you tell him that you want the maximum advancement possible?
Yea idk they said im a surgery first patient. I said i want a bimax and he said my maxilla is already in a good spot. I said i want it anyways and hes planing the bimax with ccw. But i will opt for the bsso and genio because everyone is telling me to choose it. We are still planing but yea. Thats my jaw:

20210127 034521

this is a simple answer lmao, more lf1 movement = more bsso movement, just go low on the lf1 movement otherwise you will ruin many things

this is a simple answer lmao, more lf1 movement = more bsso movement, just go low on the lf1 movement otherwise you will ruin many things
Yea but as i wrote i dont want to move my maxilla. I could, but everyone is against it

Yea but as i wrote i dont want to move my maxilla. I could, but everyone is against it
then your surgeon is focused on functional purposes of fixing your bite. he’s a lazy cunt ditch that faggot if he doesn’t give you lefort 1

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, oatmeal and .👽.
also you could use ccw rotation that will drastically change your look. srsly it’s lefort 1+bsso or it’s cope

then your surgeon is focused on functional purposes of fixing your bite. he’s a lazy cunt ditch that faggot if he doesn’t give you lefort 1
Yea thats what i thought too. But i asked some knowledgable users here and on a surgeon on realself + on jawsurgeryforum and everyone said to get bsso only. Thats why i need options to lengthen my jaw without Lf1. Only thing i can think of is gonial angle implants

Bro, listen to me.

If you want a bigger bsso then ask if you can undergo decompensation orthodontics.

Extract lower premolars will allow an additonal 7mm on the bsso

If you do IPR (teeth shaving) it will allow 3-5.5mm more for the bsso.

Do it properly, you only have one chance.

I am decompensating my teeth and have had extractions.

• +1
Bro, listen to me.

If you want a bigger bsso then ask if you can undergo decompensation orthodontics.

Extract lower premolars will allow an additonal 7mm on the bsso

If you do IPR (teeth shaving) it will allow 3-5.5mm more for the bsso.

Do it properly, you only have one chance.

I am decompensating my teeth and have had extractions.
So you mean extract my lower teeth at the back so my lower jaw can push much more back?

So you mean extract my lower teeth at the back so my lower jaw can push much more back?
Your lower premolars next to your canines.

It allows you to advance the mandible further. Its commonly done for pre surgical orthodontics.

Your surgeon sounds focused on function not aesthetics consult with others bro.

• +1
Your lower premolars next to your canines.

It allows you to advance the mandible further. Its commonly done for pre surgical orthodontics.

Your surgeon sounds focused on function not aesthetics consult with others bro.
Hmm i dont understand. Getting more than 6mm advancement will give me an underbite.

Hmm i dont understand. Getting more than 6mm advancement will give me an underbite.

No because you remove the premolars then you retract the teeth as part of orthodontics.

Then you advance the mandible. So now its like 13mm

Also i am not sure why you need a single jaw surgery you should get a bimax to include the lefort 1 component.

(Consult with other surgeons i am no expert)

Last edited:
  • +1
No because you remove the premolars then you retract the teeth as part of orthodontics.

Then you advance the mandible. So now its like 13mm

Also i am not sure why you need a single jaw surgery you should get a bimax to include the lefort 1 component.
Ah you mean they push my whole lower teeth complex back? Makes sense. But my surgery is in 4 weeks i dont Think itd enough time.

I could do a bimax with ccw too but EVERYONE was against it, told me not to get it.

Right now my plan is 6mm bsso and 4mm genio

Ah you mean they push my whole lower teeth complex back? Makes sense. But my surgery is in 4 weeks i dont Think itd enough time.

I could do a bimax with ccw too but EVERYONE was against it, told me not to get it.

Right now my plan is 6mm bsso and 4mm genio

Im not one to push serious surgeries which could impact your whole life.

But i strongly advise you consult with another surgeon to get another perspective.

Also to ask yourself if you want a functional surgery , slight improvement or a total transformation.

I am no expert im just an oppinion like everyone else but 6mm bsso and 4mm genio is not alot.

• +1
Im not one to push serious surgeries which could impact your whole life.

But i strongly advise you consult with another surgeon to get another perspective.

Also to ask yourself if you want a functional surgery , slight improvement or a total transformation.

I am no expert im just an oppinion like everyone else but 6mm bsso and 4mm genio is not alot.
Yea you are right i should ask other surgeons

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262