How to lose bodyfat without going underweight?

D

Deleted member 10699

Solstice
My height is 180 cm, and I weight 73 KG. I want to lose facial bloat through cardio and diet. I've been estimated to be around 24-22 bodyfat here. How can I lose bodyfat to get a better facial definition without going underweight?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7785
lift or do any other muscle training so you burn bf% and gain muscle at the same time
stay at a slight caloric deficit, maybe 300 kcal

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and randomvanish
Eat less and cardio

If u go underweight train up ur weight lean

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7785
lift or do any other muscle training so you burn bf% and gain muscle at the same time
stay at a slight caloric deficit, maybe 300 kcal
Does running count? I don't want to go to a gym. Maybe I'll do some push-ups and belt squads.

Eat less and cardio

If u go underweight train up ur weight lean
That's what I want to do, though I also want to gain some muscle so I don't go underweight.

I can get 15%without under weight.. You dont need to go 9-10%... Only if you have shit fat genes.

Last edited:
by doing mostly bodyweight, i'm not yet there but still.

Does running count? I don't want to go to a gym. Maybe I'll do some push-ups and belt squads.
running is just cardio and unless you have a giga underdeveloped body (sounds like you do from your stats) it will baaarely build any muscle in your legs/core, so you'll mostly just lose fat without building muscle
look up some calisthenics routine to do. dont expect to make any gains with "some push ups" Do like 200 per day at least

running is just cardio and unless you have a giga underdeveloped body (sounds like you do from your stats) it will baaarely build any muscle in your legs/core, so you'll mostly just lose fat without building muscle
look up some calisthenics routine to do. dont expect to make any gains with "some push ups" Do like 200 per day at least
Not underdeveloped, but I want it to be better, so I can lose facial bloat.

• JFL
Reactions: Madhate
I can get 15%without under weight.. You dont need to go 9-10%... Only if you have shit fat genes.
My face has a lot of fat. My goal is to go to 15-14 bodyfat. Then, to 12.

My height is 180 cm, and I weight 73 KG. I want to lose facial bloat through cardio and diet. I've been estimated to be around 24-22 bodyfat here. How can I lose bodyfat to get a better facial definition without going underweight?
gain muscle

• +1
Reactions: zaynbrah
Will that improve my facial definition? It's my priority, after all, to lose facial bloat.
losing weight will, i dont think gaining muscle is going to effect your face lol

losing weight will, i dont think gaining muscle is going to effect your face lol
The thing is, if I lose weight by cardio (I still need to lose body fat), should I try to still gain muscle so I could control my weight? I mean, losing body fat to get a more chiseled face, then gaining muscles so I won't go underweight. I'll stop doing that until I go the limits of my healthy weight. "For this height, a weight range of 59.9–80.7 kg is a normal BMI." I've calculated it, right now. I'll go for 64/65 KGs, then.

Last edited:
  • +1
The thing is, if I lose weight by cardio (I still need to lose body fat), should I try to still gain muscle so I could control my weight? I mean, losing body fat to get a more chiseled face, then gaining muscles so I won't go underweight. I'll stop doing that until I go the limits of my healthy weight. "For this height, a weight range of 59.9–80.7 kg is a normal BMI." I've calculated it, right now. I'll go for 64/65 KGs, then.
Or maybe even 60 KGs. Then, I'll go up by gaining muscles. With doing this I'm assuring that I'll get to display a better jawline, hollow cheeks (maybe), but without looking ill.

yeah man, trying to gain muscle isnt going to harm you , it will only do you good lol

yeah man, trying to gain muscle isnt going to harm you , it will only do you good lol
Yeah, but my main goal is not that for now. I preffer to have a more chiseled jawline, and hollow cheeks. So idk if my plan is achievable. To get to a super low bodyfat by cardio and dieting= 63-64 KGs. And then, to restore my normal weight by gaining muscles, so I'll look more chiseled and stronger. Like, I preffer to have a better face than a better body, because you can only show your torso, arms, etc., in dating apps and in some specific places (the beach, pool, etc.), but you're always showing your face. So I'm just prioritizing what I find more important.

Last edited:
  • +1
Yeah, but my main goal is not that for now. I preffer to have a more chiseled jawline, and hollow cheeks. So idk if my plan is achievable. To get to a super low bodyfat by cardio and dieting= 63-64 KGs. And then, to restore my normal weight by gaining muscles, so I'll look more chiseled and stronger. Like, I preffer to have a better face than a better body, because you can only show your torso, arms, etc., in dating apps and in some specific places (the beach, pool, etc.), but you're always showing your face. So I'm just prioritizing what I find more important.
Girls will not respect you below 70kg. I did the same, and people everywhere asked me if i am healthy. Below 70kg will look to skinny for 180cm.

Girls will not respect you below 70kg. I did the same, and people everywhere asked me if i am healthy. Below 70kg will look to skinny for 180cm.
Yeah, but I plan on getting back to 70 but with muscles. Like, I want to fucking lose facial bloat so bad. I don't wanna go to a surgeon, so I want ot go to 12 bf. The thing is that I lose weight but I don't gain any fucking abdominal muscle and my torso look bloated. I'm dieting but I want to lose fat, not weight.

Just lift
That won't make my face less bloated. I don't give a fuck about having a good body if my face is still bloated. I'm doing everything step by step. Get better facial definition due to low bodyfat - get muscles.

22-24 bf and 180cm and 73kg? you are probably around 15%

22-24 bf and 180cm and 73kg? you are probably around 15%
I still have no abs + no facial definition. My body looks fat. I'll get to 12%, but I'll probably get a genioplasty or a bimax.

• JFL
Reactions: Madhate
I still have no abs + no facial definition. My body looks fat. I'll get to 12%, but I'll probably get a genioplasty or a bimax.
u are autistic
go to the gym and stop being a baby
I saw your pic you're skinnyfat, just means you have 0 muscle
Unless you train seriously you'll look skinnyfat for the rest of your life, unless you are 50 kg and anorexic

u are autistic
go to the gym and stop being a baby
I saw your pic you're skinnyfat, just means you have 0 muscle
Unless you train seriously you'll look skinnyfat for the rest of your life, unless you are 50 kg and anorexic
Will gaining muscles improve my face? Or should I start saving money for a geniplasty or for a bimax? I mean, if bulking up doesn't make my face to be more attractive, I'd rather do something else, because I'll still show my face 24/7. I preffer to have a meh body with a good face than a good body with a meh face. It's my looksmaxxing priority.

Will gaining muscles improve my face? Or should I start saving money for a geniplasty or for a bimax?
gaining muscle = more testosterone (proven) = higher t face
also gaining muscle means you will be lower bf at your same weight, which means your face will be leaner
do it or get 10 surgeries
your choice

gaining muscle = more testosterone (proven) = higher t face
also gaining muscle means you will be lower bf at your same weight, which means your face will be leaner
do it or get 10 surgeries
your choice
That's what I was talking about. So does gaining muscles improve your face by making it to be more defined? If yes, then, I'll try to gain muscles. I just don't wanna have a bloated face with muscles, because it looks like utter shit, imo.

That's what I was talking about. So does gaining muscles improve your face by making it to be more defined? If yes, then, I'll try to gain muscles. I just don't wanna have a bloated face with muscles, because it looks like utter shit, imo.
u will have less bodyfat while looking bigger, which means you won't be underweight while having a lean face and body
it will take you 1-2 years of proper training to get to that level (natural)
unless you want to inject and ruin your hairline/health and then have to cycle on/off for the rest of your life

u will have less bodyfat while looking bigger, which means you won't be underweight while having a lean face and body
it will take you 1-2 years of proper training to get to that level (natural)
unless you want to inject and ruin your hairline/health and then have to cycle on/off for the rest of your life
Why would I ever inject? So, then, just dieting and gymcelling? My plan is getting to 12 bodyfat, but 16-15 is a more realistic approach for now:

Why would I ever inject? So, then, just dieting and gymcelling? My plan is getting to 12 bodyfat, but 16-15 is a more realistic approach for now:
yes
i only started getting hollow cheeks at below 15% bodyfat btw
lowest I was is 11% bodyfat and my face looked insane compared to 20% bodyfat (which you are now)

To safely loose fat without nuking thyroid function is to increase metabolic rate, by building lean muscle.

Muscle uses fat as fuel during rest. Combine that with 1:1 carb to protein, and very low fat diet, so that muscle will have to use stored body fat during rest.

To safely loose fat without nuking thyroid function is to increase metabolic rate, by building lean muscle.

Muscle uses fat as fuel during rest. Combine that with 1:1 carb to protein, and very low fat diet, so that muscle will have to use stored body fat during rest.
So gymcelling?

run 3x a week, that is what im gonna do. Also gym causes hairloss

run 3x a week, that is what im gonna do. Also gym causes hairloss
But running won't increase my muscle mass, right? Won't I go way bellow my ideal weight?

who cares about weight, lachowski was and is insanely "small" and its all about face leaness, who cares u weight <60 kg

• +1
Reactions: Tyronecell
That won't make my face less bloated. I don't give a fuck about having a good body if my face is still bloated. I'm doing everything step by step. Get better facial definition due to low bodyfat - get muscles.
vitamin c

who cares about weight, lachowski was and is insanely "small" and its all about face leaness, who cares u weight <60 kg
Well, I don't wanna look sick, and my bodytype is not like Lachowski. I don't look skinny. My goal is to get a lean face without lowering my weight by too much.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292
So gymcelling?
2 to 3 bodyweight exercises with sprints, a week.

For example, a beginner workout assuming no muscle, do for a month or so.

Monday and Friday
Warm up 5m jog, resistance band work.
4-6 sprints, 30s each, 4 minutes rest in between (walk).

10 push ups
1min rest
10 inverted rows (or pull ups)
1min rest
20 squats
1min rest
Repeat 3 times.

Increase reps after each week for bodyweight exercises.

Overcoming gravity is a good book on how to progress with bodyweight exercises. Tom Merrick, on YouTube, also has programs for bodyweight exercises, mobility and stretching.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10699
2 to 3 bodyweight exercises with sprints, a week.

For example, a beginner workout assuming no muscle, do for a month or so.

Monday and Friday
Warm up 5m jog, resistance band work.
4-6 sprints, 30s each, 4 minutes rest in between (walk).

10 push ups
1min rest
10 inverted rows (or pull ups)
1min rest
20 squats
1min rest
Repeat 3 times.

Increase reps after each week for bodyweight exercises.

Overcoming gravity is a good book on how to progress with bodyweight exercises. Tom Merrick, on YouTube, also has programs for bodyweight exercises, mobility and stretching.
Thank you.

impo
Well, I don't wanna look sick, and my bodytype is not like Lachowski. I don't look skinny. My goal is to get a lean face without lowering my weight by too much.
ssible

bruh I am 87kg and 180cm and I look 21%-22% both in body and face (going down from 120kg and like 174 imo)
am I missing something?

bruh I am 87kg and 180cm and I look 21%-22% both in body and face (going down from 120kg and like 174 imo)
am I missing something?
Well, you went from being very fat, to be slighty overweight. I went from being at a healthy range, to a healthy range (not dissing you). My BF lost has been done through dieting and swimmimg, but not through building muscles. My goal is to go to 14 bodyfat with muscle gain, so I'll lose bodyfat without going underweight.

Will gaining muscles improve my face? Or should I start saving money for a geniplasty or for a bimax? I mean, if bulking up doesn't make my face to be more attractive, I'd rather do something else, because I'll still show my face 24/7. I preffer to have a meh body with a good face than a good body with a meh face. It's my looksmaxxing priority.
Yes gaining more muscle will help your face cut after. I was just like you 70kg and 182cm.

I still am, only difference I realised is that I will stay skinny fat forever unless I bulk up, I'll just cut down later