How to make friends (scientific, legit, no clickbait)

Marquis

Marquis

I'm a bad boy
This thread is a response to a thread I saw earlier today on offtopic.

People say that making friends is difficult and that it becomes more difficult the more older you get. This is true for those who never developed their social skills past the kindergarten / high school, and don't know what social networking means. It's time for you to grow up, and ascend by improving your social networking skills!

1. SMOKE

One thing every traveling smoker knows is that asking someone to light-up your cigarette is an universal conversion starter.

Every school and workplace is divided in two major groups: smokers and non-smokers. Many non-smokers will spend their breaks alone in the cafeteria or the break room, but smokers are forced to meet each other at the designated smoking area several times a day (hundreds times a month).

outdoor-smoking-area-with-people-smoking-cigarettes-in-the-street-D6E59B.jpg

These people standing in the designated smoking area are all equal regardless of race, gender, looks, height, social status, and age.

This, my non-smoking friends, makes the smokers recognize the smokers. Smokers know the smokers who live or work near the building and will run into each other outside the workplace.

With forced exposure comes the curiosity -- people want to get to know what they know they don't know -- a theory that is heavily utilized in marketing.

150513-153533.jpg

The Wundt curve

It's also true that we like or hate the brands or the people we see often more than the brands or the people we see only once:

6MImfmC.png

Smoking gives you so many new opportunities to meet people and excuses to talk to strangers -- every day, everwhere. Because the smokers get so many chances to meet one another, it comes as no surprise that literally every smoker has at least one friend who smokes.

B-but smoking causes lung cancer!

Of course it does, but you can smoke WITHOUT inhaling. For example, you're not supposed to inhale the smoke coming out of a cigar. This supposedly (don't take my word for it) lowers the chances of getting lung cancer.

It's 100 % okay to VAPE in the designated smoking areas!

giphy.gif

That's all. What time is it?

giphy.gif

It's time to go out and smoke!

young-men-smoking-outside-a-restaurant-during-their-lunch-break-tokyo-BWAK43.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Gren, Subhuman Philtrum, BigBiceps and 12 others
All cope.

succeedsocially.com

Or

How to win freinds and influence people book

• JFL
Reactions: BigBoy, lutte and Tyronecell
Wow what a bad thread

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Subhuman Philtrum, Lux, Arcturus and 9 others
This post is a psyop from big tobacco

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: fjor2096, Subhuman Philtrum, Deleted member 5746 and 2 others
The day you need a guide on looksmax.me in order to learn how to make friends

Is the day you know it never began for you

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 4213, isis_Bleach, Deleted member 6723 and 12 others
Good thread ngl.
Gj op

• JFL
Reactions: .🇹🇩.
This is a bullshit thread. Kys whoever made it jfl

• +1
Reactions: Arcturus, NormieKilla and manletofpeace81
I’ve given up. I’m too aspie to make friends

Its so difficult to get based guys as friends in 2020 (most guys are soyboys) but this forum is full of them. Theres like 30 users here i would wanna be friends with IRL.

im moving to another country and i will be going up to normal guys at the gym and trying to befriend them, im like the gym god so it shouldnt be difficult

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 1180
E77E00BA 3EC3 47E2 95F4 584839614AF0

just be a smoker bro!

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723, Deleted member 10177 and Deleted member 9699
no smoking for your face

• JFL
Reactions: Marquis
Funny thread but was expecting smt I could actually use tbh