How to manage getting £12k lump sum ?

LegitUser

LegitUser

Gluttonmaxxed gypsy from the council estate
Hi guys, when i turn 18 in a few months i get £12,000 lump sum.
My parents might try to take it but i wont let them.

What would you do with this? depending on my exam results i might need to use some to rent somewhere for a year or so. I will also spending around 4-5k on heightmaxxing. What would you do with the rest, as I see it these are my options:
  • Spend it all on looksmaxxing, heightmaxxing, fat graft, fillers, orthodontics
  • Invest into NASDAQ100 (its around 11% compound interest a year on average i think? or that might have been s&p500 i was looking at)
How would you best use this money to make more money?

Unfortunatly the amount of money i get is proportional to how the UK economy is doing so if the electrion fucks it up i might get nothing. it plummeted to around 6K when liz truss got elected JFL

• +1
Reactions: coisbhai, PseudoMaxxer and leanmaxx74
@Alexanderr @Seth Walsh
any ideas?

what heightmaxxing shit are you spending 5k on?

• +1
Reactions: guilty and deepfuckingvalue
10 month HGH cycle w/ parathyroid hormone, aromatase inhibitor, pyridostigmine/GABA & insulin. Paying for blood tests and cardiac ultrasound to monitor for side effects. Sadly in the UK there are barely any private labs, so a blood test that costs £35 in germany for eg costs £150 here. Thats where most of the money is going :feelswhy:. Unironically would be cheaper to get a train to france or smthing from UK but idk the laws about that

Last edited:
Are you planning to get height lenghtetning in india or something?
lmaoo nah dw, LL will be done in my late 20s i think in america, will cost £100k

What would you do with this? depending on my exam results i might need to use some to rent somewhere for a year or so. I will also spending around 4-5k on heightmaxxing. What would you do with the rest, as I see it these are my options:
  • Invest into NASDAQ100 (its around 11% compound interest a year on average i think? or that might have been s&p500 i was looking at)

Unfortunatly the amount of money i get is proportional to how the UK economy is doing so if the electrion fucks it up i might get nothing. it plummeted to around 6K when liz truss got elected JFL
surgery

what surgery can i get for only 12k without having to go to india? i would only ever get surgeries from the USA or the UK.

Idiot buy heightmaxxing stuff from qingdao sigma chemical it's 100 percent legit and 100 usd for 240 iu

Don't overpay for hgh

• +1
Reactions: LegitUser
Idiot buy heightmaxxing stuff from qingdao sigma chemical it's 100 percent legit and 100 usd for 240 iu

Don't overpay for hgh
yeah im gonna buy from QSC its the blood tests thats costing most of it. its cuz this shitty country has no private healthcare

• +1
Reactions: Sergeant
yeah im gonna buy from QSC its the blood tests thats costing most of it. its cuz this shitty country has no private healthcare
Nice, but please don't spend too much on heightmaxxing, and even looksmaxxing, ppl on this forum think all there is to life is looks, that's simply not true

Spend no more than 3k on looksmaxxing

• +1
Reactions: deepfuckingvalue, LegitUser and Pakicel

• Don't let your parents take it
  • Save it (put it in a bank account). Best and safest option. You'll need it later
  • If your parents are not paying for an education for you. Use it to fund an education (but don't go into debt)
  • High yield savings account (a bank that'll give like 2-3% on it per year), although it's probably just safer in a normal bank

Moral is just keep it until you NEED it. Do not be hasty. Try get a full time job first then drip feed that 12k GBP into something like the NASDAQ100 or S&P 500.

Definitely do not put it into crypto currency. You don't want to lose it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: coisbhai, Pakicel and LegitUser
That depends. Are you a povertycel?

You have to understand that as a UKcel, money is hard to come by. You will likely be living paycheck to paycheck making 25k max once you graduate uni.

Last edited:
  • +1
Nice, but please don't spend too much on heightmaxxing, and even looksmaxxing, ppl on this forum think all there is to life is looks, that's simply not true

Spend no more than 3k on looksmaxxing
for most people, they are average or just below average so they dont need to do as much as me, sadly my SMV is very low. I would say facially I am in the bottom 40% ish, so LTN. I also am not white so overall SMV is very low

• +1

Also what is this? Trust fund?

• +1
Reactions: LegitUser and Pakicel
for most people, they are average or just below average so they dont need to do as much as me, sadly my SMV is very low. I would say facially I am in the bottom 40% ish, so LTN. I also am not white so overall SMV is very low
Are your plates open? Heightmaxxing is unlikely to work at the age of 18, I'd prioritize face if i was you.

If OP thinks 12k is a large amount, chances are he isn't a trustfund richcel.
True, but I'm just wondering how he's getting 12k on his 18th birthday. Surely it's not the government giving it to him. And if he's getting it from his parents, why would he be scared of his parents taking it from him. I'm just intrigued as to where he's getting it from tbh.

• +1
True, but I'm just wondering how he's getting 12k on his 18th birthday. Surely it's not the government giving it to him. And if he's getting it from his parents, why would he be scared of his parents taking it from him. I'm just intrigued as to where he's getting it from tbh.
A lot of people have jewish parents who try to profit off of their kids.

• +1
Are your plates open? Heightmaxxing is unlikely to work at the age of 18, I'd prioritize face if i was you.
Face > height

by far

No one wants to accept this blackpill. So many people are in denial. A nice face will give you the biggest advantage out of anything physical. It should be straight forward but some people just find it incredibly hard to accept.

• +1
  • Don't let your parents take it
  • Save it (put it in a bank account). Best and safest option. You'll need it later
  • If your parents are not paying for an education for you. Use it to fund an education (but don't go into debt)
  • High yield savings account (a bank that'll give like 2-3% on it per year), although it's probably just safer in a normal bank

Moral is just keep it until you NEED it. Do not be hasty. Try get a full time job first then drip feed that 12k GBP into something like the NASDAQ100 or S&P 500.

Definitely do not put it into crypto currency. You don't want to lose it.
If i get good exam results, I will go into med school, and overall debt will be around 100k, but in the UK our student loans works abit differently, its not "real debt" like it is in america for us. If not then yeah ill get a full time job and wageslave and just keep adding to it.

Whats ur opinion on NASDAQ100 vs high yield savings? If i get into uni i wont touch it except for the first bit to do looksmaxxing etc, and my plan is to just leave it somewhere to get interest and take it out to fund my relocation to canada / usa / NZ / aus whereever i go (basically where i actually get paid a good wage - anywhere but UK). Med school would be 6-7 years so good time to get interest.

Also what is this? Trust fund?
Yeah, trust fund mostly funded by my grandfather, he was a doctor. I also have a premium bonds account I need to get access to ASAP but i have no idea how much is in that.

My parents are in a very bad financial position now compared to when they opened it up.

That depends. Are you a povetycel?
Yeah we are living in council housing rn & only my mum works.

Xrays are included in the cost I put aside, i will get knee & wrist xray. And if i get filler i will get facial MRI to see where it has migrated to so it can be removed for fat graft, ill add on whole spinal MRI cuz if im alr getting one MRI the cost isnt much more too add another body part, so can check spinal growth plates too.

Face > height

by far

No one wants to accept this blackpill. So many people are in denial. A nice face will give you the biggest advantage out of anything physical. It should be straight forward but some people just find it incredibly hard to accept.
I agree with face > height but only for 5"9 or more, I am currently 5"6.5.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh and Sergeant
A lot of people have jewish parents who try to profit off of their kids.
Fucking brutal. Boomers are fucking ruthless.

Zoomers need to become computer wizards capable of hacking the secret service to work a £10k per year job at the age of 30 while 80 year olds have unlimited holidays and free time whilst not knowing how to change station on the radio they bought in 1985. Assets make the money.

• +1
If i get good exam results, I will go into med school, and overall debt will be around 100k, but in the UK our student loans works abit differently, its not "real debt" like it is in america for us. If not then yeah ill get a full time job and wageslave and just keep adding to it.

Whats ur opinion on NASDAQ100 vs high yield savings? If i get into uni i wont touch it except for the first bit to do looksmaxxing etc, and my plan is to just leave it somewhere to get interest and take it out to fund my relocation to canada / usa / NZ / aus whereever i go (basically where i actually get paid a good wage - anywhere but UK). Med school would be 6-7 years so good time to get interest.
You should not invest in stocks until you have a source of income. So in my opinion you should store away that 12k in a non-yielding bank account at least, and in a yielding bank account at most. There's some bank accounts that offer like 2-3% a year. The only way you can lose the 12k is if the bank goes bust. So vet out legit ones. Stocks are for longer term investments. And typically you'd drip feed your income into it (like 5% per year, 5% employer matched per year etc... and over your career it typically grows into millions), like a pension. If you have more disposable income then you can look at different types of investments.

• +1

Yeah, trust fund mostly funded by my grandfather, he was a doctor. I also have a premium bonds account I need to get access to ASAP but i have no idea how much is in that.

My parents are in a very bad financial position now compared to when they opened it up.

Xrays are included in the cost I put aside, i will get knee & wrist xray. And if i get filler i will get facial MRI to see where it has migrated to so it can be removed for fat graft, ill add on whole spinal MRI cuz if im alr getting one MRI the cost isnt much more too add another body part, so can check spinal growth plates too.

I agree with face > height but only for 5"9 or more, I am currently 5"6.5.
Why does your Dad not work if that's not to personal?

• +1
Why does your Dad not work if that's not to personal?
he dosent rly have any qualifications, he used to fly out of country occasionally to do something but idk what it was, he cant anymore now though because he has health conditions, hes not worked in the last 4 years at least.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
Like you said, SFE is not real debt but your options when you go to university are two-fold:

1. Use the 12k as a replacement for means-tested maintenance fees. This means you won’t be taking out any maintenance fees, other than the minimum that is available to everyone
2. Put the 12k in a different account. You are not to use it unless it’s for looksmaxing purposes but you’d need 5k max for that.

As someone said already, you need a source of income before you save/invest. Will you work at uni? And do your parents know about the 12k?

Like you said, SFE is not real debt but your options when you go to university are two-fold:

1. Use the 12k as a replacement for means-tested maintenance fees. This means you won’t be taking out any maintenance fees, other than the minimum that is available to everyone
2. Put the 12k in a different account. You are not to use it unless it’s for looksmaxing purposes but you’d need 5k max for that.

As someone said already, you need a source of income before you save/invest. Will you work at uni? And do your parents know about the 12k?
yeah parents know abt it, legally they have no power over it at all though. it cant be touched till I turn 18, and it needs me to authorise anything to it. I have all the logins for it even their accounts so they cant take it forcefully.
I would get the maximum 13k a year maintaince loan cuz povertycel, I will take the loans out I think because:
1) Either i stay in UK and never pay it off like everyone else
2) I go to america or australia and make enough to pay it off in a year
Yeah i will probably work part time at uni on the weekends. Not sure on the specifics yet tho. Defo at least 10 hours a week, depends on the workload etc. Will try get something like tutoring kids on the side too.

yeah parents know abt it, legally they have no power over it at all though. it cant be touched till I turn 18, and it needs me to authorise anything to it. I have all the logins for it even their accounts so they cant take it forcefully.
I would get the maximum 13k a year maintaince loan cuz povertycel, I will take the loans out I think because:
1) Either i stay in UK and never pay it off like everyone else
2) I go to america or australia and make enough to pay it off in a year
Yeah i will probably work part time at uni on the weekends. Not sure on the specifics yet tho. Defo at least 10 hours a week, depends on the workload etc. Will try get something like tutoring kids on the side too.

Then you’re in a good position income wise. SFE maintenance doesn’t work for those in the middle of the income distribution but works best if you’re poor or rich.

It’s clear then that you’ll save it and earn interest (albeit not much)

But I’m sceptical that your parents won’t take it. Really? Bit of a fight to do that. When I worked at an investment bank over the summer, my parents forced me to give half of the 14k I earned. Unless you’re moving out, will be a tough fight

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel
Fucking brutal. Boomers are fucking ruthless.

Zoomers need to become computer wizards capable of hacking the secret service to work a £10k per year job at the age of 30 while 80 year olds have unlimited holidays and free time whilst not knowing how to change station on the radio they bought in 1985. Assets make the money.
A bit of an exaggeration but there are tons of UKcels with top tier STEM degrees making min wage in London even a few years after graduation. A lot of them have to cycle to work because they can’t afford the tube.

And yeah, most of the oldcels I know own multiple properties. Like my landlord is a nigress who came from Africa in the 1960s to work as a nurse and is a millionaire because she owns 2 properties in London.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh and LegitUser
Then you’re in a good position income wise. SFE maintenance doesn’t work for those in the middle of the income distribution but works best if you’re poor or rich.

It’s clear then that you’ll save it and earn interest (albeit not much)

But I’m sceptical that your parents won’t take it. Really? Bit of a fight to do that. When I worked at an investment bank over the summer, my parents forced me to give half of the 14k I earned. Unless you’re moving out, will be a tough fight
If i get into uni i will move out fully, if i get into my firm i have guarenteed accomodation (prices are retarded tho cuz london but its fine), if i get into my insurance i can use the 12k to bridge living in private accom till i get into uni halls.
I can rent a house with friends or pay to live in friends house or just short term rentals during holidays.
I think both my firm and insurance let u stay in halls if u cant go back home too.

I already have to move house every 2 months cuz of council housing, so its not gonna be a big shock for me.
If i dont get into uni it will be worse but im sure i will figure something out

A bit of an exaggeration but there are tons of UKcels with top tier STEM degrees making min wage in London even a few years after graduation. A lot of them have to cycle to work because they can’t afford the tube.

And yeah, most of the oldcels I know own multiple properties. Like my landlord is a nigress who came from Africa in the 1960s to work as a nurse and is a millionaire because she owns 2 properties in London.
yeah thats why im studying here and fucking off to somewhere else.

completely utterly retarded that a doctor from a top 10 uni IN THE WORLD let alone the UK will be on below £30k a year for the first 3-4 years of their carrer.
and then wont see over £100k for another 10 years

• +1
Don’t get your hopes up. I thought I would’ve ascended in my career by now but I’m still a povertycel who can’t even afford to live on his own.

Sounds like you are a gigapovertycel that is one financial crisis away from living on the streets. Don’t touch that 12k as it could end up being your lifeline if you hit a setback.

• +1
yeah thats why im studying here and fucking off to somewhere else.

completely utterly retarded that a doctor from a top 10 uni IN THE WORLD let alone the UK will be on below £30k a year for the first 3-4 years of their carrer.
and then wont see over £100k for another 10 years
The worst part is when you bring this up with them. They will vehemently deny they are povertycels. UKcels cope way too much for their own good.

• +1
Don’t get your hopes up. I thought I would’ve ascended in my career by now but I’m still a povertycel who can’t even afford to live on his own.

Sounds like you are a gigapovertycel that is one financial crisis away from living on the streets. Don’t touch that 12k as it could end up being your lifeline if you hit a setback.
yeah jfl when we got evicted last year we almost had to be on the streets for a night. If i get into uni I will be fine cuz i have guarenteed accom and shit, if i dont then yeah ill have to figure something out.
The worst part is when you bring this up with them. They will vehemently deny they are povertycels. UKcels cope way too much for their own good.
yeah, at least they are waking up now with the doctors strikes etc. a lot of my friends i talk to id say about 1 in 5 have plans to leave the UK after graduating.

• +1
yeah jfl when we got evicted last year we almost had to be on the streets for a night. If i get into uni I will be fine cuz i have guarenteed accom and shit, if i dont then yeah ill have to figure something out.

yeah, at least they are waking up now with the doctors strikes etc. a lot of my friends i talk to id say about 1 in 5 have plans to leave the UK after graduating.
And go where?

USA, Canada or australia are the top 3 rn
USA is impossible to get into. Maybe it’s easier for doctors. Canada is even worse off than the UK. Australia is the best option.

USA is impossible to get into. Maybe it’s easier for doctors. Canada is even worse off than the UK. Australia is the best option.
USA is harder to get into but best rewards. for doctor i would have to take extra exams and i wouldnt be able to get into surgerical specaility but its ok. Cananda for doctors is still better than UK right now, but could change. Australia is good but i dont like the climate there ngl

Why are you even doing medicine when you know you won’t get paid shit?

Go into big law/investment banking

• +1
Why are you even doing medicine when you know you won’t get paid shit?

Go into big law/investment banking
i will get paid in other countries. also u dont get paid for law in the uk either unless u get lucky.
I havent the slightest clue about IB and im not doing the right A levels for that, I would need further maths.

You do not need further maths for IB lol, you’re not doing quantitative finance.

Anyways if you’re at either Imperial or King’s, I’d suggest looking into big law. You do get paid for it (£110k+ for NQs) do some research around it.

You shouldn’t be hedging your career bets on working in a different country when a.) you won’t get the visa and b.) you’re competing with domestic students doing medicine

• +1
You do not need further maths for IB lol, you’re not doing quantitative finance.

Anyways if you’re at either Imperial or King’s, I’d suggest looking into big law. You do get paid for it (£110k+ for NQs) do some research around it.

You shouldn’t be hedging your career bets on working in a different country when a.) you won’t get the visa and b.) you’re competing with domestic students doing medicine
if its australia ill defo get the visa cuz they are recruiting from UK like crazy. i dont see USA drying up anytime soon, IMG from the UK to do anesthetics or internal medicine has been a safe option for years.

Ill defo look into law more though if i dont get into uni this year

it’s better to just build an ecom store or sum.

or learn a skill and use them money you have as capital to make a business or something to make money

be smart with your money. because after you do whatever you want with the money you’ll regret some of your actions if you didn’t make good decisions

I’m 16 and a few weeks ago I wasted $70 on DoorDash because I was hungry

Last edited:
saw you would only get surgeries in the us and uk, why not italy? a lot of people go to italy for implants/jaw/face related surgeries. i know some people also recommend rhinos in turkey but i agree with you on sticking to the us for some surgeries, id prefer getting rhino done here

saw you would only get surgeries in the us and uk, why not italy? a lot of people go to italy for implants/jaw/face related surgeries. i know some people also recommend rhinos in turkey but i agree with you on sticking to the us for some surgeries, id prefer getting rhino done here
Familiarity with the medical and legal systems in case anything goes wrong. In the UK if the surgeon fucks up then everything is free automatically cuz of NHS. USA for LL cuz the surgeons who pioneered are there.

I would defo consider Italy too if I was recommend a surgeon by giant implants if I went thru him

10 month HGH cycle w/ parathyroid hormone, aromatase inhibitor, pyridostigmine/GABA & insulin. Paying for blood tests and cardiac ultrasound to monitor for side effects. Sadly in the UK there are barely any private labs, so a blood test that costs £35 in germany for eg costs £150 here. Thats where most of the money is going :feelswhy:. Unironically would be cheaper to get a train to france or smthing from UK but idk the laws about that
hey could you tag me under all your updates please ?

Ive never seen anyone actually heightscend with theirs stacks

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and LegitUser
Nigga hgh is expensive af, a single 10iu vial is around 60 dollars, not including shipping, a standard heightmaxxing regimen utilises about 5ius every day, if not more depending on how much you wanna take, so that’s already 900 a fucking month on hgh alone not to mention the cost and storage of it, then keep in mind hgh takes a while to deliver any kind of height gains, assuming ur pl8s aren’t fused, so a 6 month “cycle” is the minimum and ideally you’d take it for a year so 900/month times by 6 comes out to be 5400, so that’s where nigga

Buy a house in Africa

Nigga hgh is expensive af, a single 10iu vial is around 60 dollars, not including shipping, a standard heightmaxxing regimen utilises about 5ius every day, if not more depending on how much you wanna take, so that’s already 900 a fucking month on hgh alone not to mention the cost and storage of it, then keep in mind hgh takes a while to deliver any kind of height gains, assuming ur pl8s aren’t fused, so a 6 month “cycle” is the minimum and ideally you’d take it for a year so 900/month times by 6 comes out to be 5400, so that’s where nigga
get fucked, i get it for free

I had about 4K at age 18 that I invested into Bitcoin. I would get the money I got from my college financial aid and put it into high conviction plays. I also would ask family for "expenses" knowing they would give it to me expecting me to buy stupid shit. Remember to tell your family that you want to buy stupid stuff if you are asking for money. For some reason, saying you want to "invest" is a red flag compared to wasting your youth on worthless hedonism.

Luckily, my convictions were right, and my risks paid off. My investments were sound (and smart), and I managed to turn 17K into 54K from 18-21. I know have more savings than all of my family, maybe with the exception of my youngest 50 year old uncle (who is also fairly smart with his money) and my aunt (who is married and is in her 60s.) Speaking to my parents, I figured out I have more than them in savings.

The best thing to do with a lump sum of 12K is to take the next three months to research money making methods. I would have 100K by now if I put full faith into Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, but a good amount of my net worth (about 20%) was set to gold, silver and fiat (for liquidity.)

My plan is to turn this 54K into 250K and then 2.5M by the time I'm 27. This will give enough for me to private school my kids, have a fertile and nurturing wife (important because I have to consider my children and how they will grow up not just my sexual needs), in addition to feeding my future children good food so they grow to become the best they can be. My goal is to become the best parent for my future children. I started at 18 knowing I needed to to get the leg up.

12K is absolutely enough to get the ball rolling, use it wisely.

• Love it