How to prevent hair loss?

V

Vico

Iron
So i know that DHT is not inherently bad and has many purposes in the human body, but too much of it binding to the hair follicles in the scalp causes them to miniaturize and eventually fall out. Topical finasteride one of the few things that stops it from binding to the hair follicles, the problem is that you have to apply it everyday for the rest of your life, and when you stop the hair falls out. I want to know if there is any medication or treatment (even experimental) that permanently reduces hair follicle sensitivity to DHT, perhaps by doing something to the hair follicle to prevent it from binding to the molecule? I haven't studied in depth the biology yet but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can tell me if it's (atleast in theory) possible?

in theory if you were able to apply the same properties as the hairs on the sides of your head to the front they would be DHT resistant although I don’t know how you would do that. Interesting question.

• +1
Reactions: Vico
in theory if you were able to apply the same properties as the hairs on the sides of your head to the front they would be DHT resistant although I don’t know how you would do that. Interesting question.
Yeah that's what I find interesting, body hair and even facial hair growth is directly correlated with dht levels, it seems like it only miniaturizes the follicles on the top of the scalp. I wonder if a hair transplant would solve the issue? but then would you be able to use dht resistant hair follicles for a transplant and would they look as good as natural hair?

You can't control where your DHT goes, we do not fully know the exact reason why DHT binds to hair follicles, you can't make your hair less sensitive to DHT with a single use procedure. You either apply 5 alpha reductase drug everyday or don't do nothing at all.

You can't control where your DHT goes, we do not fully know the exact reason why DHT binds to hair follicles, you can't make your hair less sensitive to DHT with a single use procedure. You either apply 5 alpha reductase drug everyday or don't do nothing at all.
Is the reason why dht causes follicles miniaturization when it binds to some and growth to some others known?

Yeah that's what I find interesting, body hair and even facial hair growth is directly correlated with dht levels, it seems like it only miniaturizes the follicles on the top of the scalp. I wonder if a hair transplant would solve the issue? but then would you be able to use dht resistant hair follicles for a transplant and would they look as good as natural hair?
yes that’s why hair transplants work, because the new hairs pulled from the sides are DHT resistant. They don’t look as good as natural hair up until about a year in, they’re extra curly and pubey and fall out easily at the start.

• +1
Reactions: Vico