How to prevent side effects from Finasteride

Sir Galachad

Sir Galachad

Untermensch
So a few years ago I hopped on oral Finasteride 0,5 mg daily. After a few months of usage I noticed

+ Very good skin even though I changed nothing about my skincare routine
+ Crazy hair growth, thickness has probably doubled
+ Less issues with my seborrhoic dermatitis

- Gynecomastia (nipples became soft and were itching)
- Erectyle disfunction (morning wood almost completely disappeared, reduced sensitivity around the shaft, still wanted to masturbate but didn't work as it used to)
- Being more emotional than usual, though this might have been my imagination

After realising this I decided to quit. Hair fell out like crazy. Shortly after I hopped on topical Finasteride and honestly, this was my saving grace.
I only apply it every 2-3 days now but it still works. Don't apply it after taking a hot shower though. For some reason the Fin permeates the skin and goes systemic too. Noticed the side effects that way. Probably has to do with pores opening up because of the hot water.

Also, topical Finasteride decreases scalp DHT more (which we want) while not decreasing Serum DHT as much. It seems like we cannot prevent even topical fin from going systemic at least a bit though.

Fin

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25074865/

I'm still willing to take this risk though. Hair is very important to maintain a youthful look after all.
Let's hope Pyrilutamide will make Finasteride redundant soon. I would suggest visiting r/tressless if you want to know more about the mechanisms of hair loss and treatment options.

• +1
Reactions: AbusedPrincessF$M, Eren, FreakkForLife and 4 others
It's easy just don't take finasteride

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: CyprusGD, A23ghskung, Daniel Plainview and 6 others
  • +1
Reactions: zura, Sondern, A23ghskung and 10 others
mentalcel

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19036
I take it 3 times a week and have no sides

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1, Deleted member 8771, LooksmaxxHopeful and 2 others
Makes sense

Topical fin > oral

• +1
Reactions: Repentsinner, Deleted member 19036 and beau

• JFL
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Gargamel, gggg3333, Danish_Retard and 6 others
Isn't topical finastride more expensive? That's probably why someone would opt to not go for finastride on head.

• +1
Reactions: Corleone
Don't take it in the first place

• +1
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell
DHT is more important than test.

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell and randomvanish
chemically castrate yourself to keep your hair theory

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19036, Richard_Hungwell, TrestIsBest and 1 other person
Why would anyone even opt for oral?
Cause topical makes no logical sense to work if u look into it and ur over 50 iq(most dht gets produced in liver. The fuck does killing trace enzymes in the scalp do??)

Op is mentalcel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19036
Cause topical makes no logical sense to work if u look into it and ur over 50 iq(most dht gets produced in liver. The fuck does killing trace enzymes in the scalp do??)

Op is mentalcel
so oral is necessary if use roids?

@Xangsane since you were considering fin

• +1
Reactions: Loki and Xangsane
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Loki and Niklaus Mikaelson
i started with topical and had sides (gyno, no morning wood, low erectile quality, no libido)

its just not my drug. i cope with smaller things and hope for pyrilutamide or another drug to get published spon

• +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel and Richard_Hungwell
microdose if you have to take that shit :bigbrain:

i started with topical and had sides (gyno, no morning wood, low erectile quality, no libido)

its just not my drug. i cope with smaller things and hope for pyrilutamide or another drug to get published spon
Did gyno lasted or it went away when you stopped ?

Did gyno lasted or it went away when you stopped ?
pretty sure it lasted. its not huge and not rly noticeable for others but i see change in my chest, it looks droopy and used to be straight on old pics

Isn't topical finastride more expensive? That's probably why someone would opt to not go for finastride on head.
I paid 50€ for 3 ounzes which lasts me 3 months because I'm only applying it once every third day.

Op is mentalcel
You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
Topical Finasteride works. What would I gain from making this up?
To answer your question:

if you have low SHBG levels, then you probably have very high free testosterone and DHT, that testosterone is more easily converted into DHT and estradiol. So more SHBG means more targeted effects of those androgens (muscle building, brain health etc) but free androgens flowing through your system can cause more radical and unpredictable effects like hairloss and acne. When DHT is bound it usually doesn’t get transported to the scalp, one of the main reasons people with hairloss have it is because the free testosterone is hitting the 5ar enzyme at the scalp,converting into DHT and causing miniaturization. This is also why when u block DHT with finasteride/dutasteride orally, there is an 100% increase in scalp testosterone.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Rt-Rust1
do you recommend both topical and oral fin and minox at the same itme

• +1
Reactions: Sir Galachad

By the way, they delayed phase 2 results of pyrilutamide :lul: New date is september, 1 year of delay already.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Loki, FreakkForLife, Richard_Hungwell and 2 others
Keep spreading fear, more balding men, less competition for everyone. Your case with fin is not the norm..

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Loki, Deleted member 17585 and Richard_Hungwell
Do not take fin at all

Had PFS for 10 days and thank god on 11th day I started recovering
Wont forget the hell that I went through.

• +1
Reactions: Loki
Do not take fin at all

Had PFS for 10 days and thank god on 11th day I started recovering
Wont forget the hell that I went through.
What else are you doing to combat hairloss?

• +1
Reactions: Loki
What else are you doing to combat hairloss?
The thing is, nobody in my family was bold. No grandfather or great grandfather not any of my uncles. I lost my hair to NW4-5 at 20 years of age due to sleeping deprivation as I have N24 disorder. So far 2 years passed I been taking fin for 7-8 months(obv stopped taking it) and minoxidil for 1.5 years.
I didn't hope for any success and did not have any routine.
Now I'm NW2 and my hairline is completely back. The only problem is diffuse thinning.

My plan is to:
-When wake up microneedle every other day10 min (I have 1.5mm roller but due to thick scalp I barely even get red skin) + apply minoxidil + scalp massage for 10 min
-At night apply castor oil or mix of other oils(the only other one I have is coconut oil but not sure if you can apply it on scalp)((want to buy more oils like peppermint and so on))+ then massage scalp for 10 min
-I bought hairloss supplements
-Hairloss shampoo
-Special made masks for hair

In 1.5months since starting microneedling I got awesome results. I just starting to fully follow the routine above. Hope to get back to NW0 or at least NW1 hair density.

• +1
Reactions: beypazarisoda0, Rt-Rust1, Loki and 1 other person
What happens if someone is 16-17 and takes oral 1 mg finastride? Would that fuck them up? The Physician wrote the prescription for a balding patient and minox ( minox is fine. )

@Sir Galachad

doesnt matter. that way it will just take more time to reach maximal inhibition
it does matter greycel, microdosing has significantly lower sides

then why isnt everyone microdosing you fucking retard rotter? neck urself
:feelskek: yes yes bark for me you little bitch boy :feelshmm: anger issues? :feelshmm::feelshmm::feelshmm: goodbye sweet price

So a few years ago I hopped on oral Finasteride 0,5 mg daily. After a few months of usage I noticed

- Erectyle disfunction (morning wood almost completely disappeared, reduced sensitivity around the shaft, still wanted to masturbate but didn't work as it used to)

After realising this I decided to quit. Hair fell out like crazy. Shortly after I hopped on topical Finasteride and honestly, this was my saving grace.
I only apply it every 2-3 days now but it still works. Don't apply it after taking a hot shower though. For some reason the Fin permeates the skin and goes systemic too. Noticed the side effects that way. Probably has to do with pores opening up because of the hot water.

Also, topical Finasteride decreases scalp DHT more (which we want) while not decreasing Serum DHT as much. It seems like we cannot prevent even topical fin from going systemic at least a bit though.

View attachment 1705365

I'm still willing to take this risk though. Hair is very important to maintain a youthful look after all.
Let's hope Pyrilutamide will make Finasteride redundant soon. I would suggest visiting r/tressless if you want to know more about the mechanisms of hair loss and treatment options.
Oral minoxidl
Topical finasteride
Coconut oil

All you need for hair growth

• Woah
Reactions: Rt-Rust1

View attachment 1705365

Should probbaly update this post by saying that I still got sides, they just took longer to appear. Over for subhuman hormone genes.
I do know a lot of cases where sides went away after topical application. Just not me.

Last edited:
doesn't oral minox have hella sides
only bad side I had was in addition to my beard growing thicker, a ton of vellus hairs high up on my cheek went terminal and now I have to pluck them which hurts since I have thick beard hairs.

only bad side I had was in addition to my beard growing thicker, a ton of vellus hairs high up on my cheek went terminal and now I have to pluck them which hurts since I have thick beard hairs.
did you switch from topical minox, what’s your dose for oral

did you switch from topical minox, what’s your dose for oral
I bought these tablets and cut them in half. I took 2.5mg a day for a little over 3 months. 8 months later and I still have all the hairs that went terminal on my face, only lost a couple from my hairline.

microdose if you have to take that shit :bigbrain:
it does matter greycel, microdosing has significantly lower sides
legit

doesnt matter. that way it will just take more time to reach maximal inhibition
not true. read the studies where they tested different dose

"Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly by 13.0% with placebo and by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively. Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively."

then why isnt everyone microdosing you fucking retard rotter?
because docs and people are generic npc's, whom don't look further and just copy paste what others tell them without thinking.

just be npc theory. Just follow the herd theory

What happens if someone is 16-17 and takes oral 1 mg finastride? Would that fuck them up? The Physician wrote the prescription for a balding patient and minox ( minox is fine. )
Sorry, I missed that one. DHT inhibition might have permanent side effects in people that are a) in puberty or younger or b) very old. Otherwise your hormone profile will return to normal in 2-4 months. DHT is mostly responsible for genetalia growth, so that's gonna be the main issue I guess.

Your doctor made the wrong call here imo. I would wait until I was 18 (I did for example).