How To Sleep Correctly

D

Deleted member 1100

Kraken
This will be an effortless and quick guide on how to really sleep properly. This won't include any research or studies and it's just based on the information that I already have in my mind, follow the information here at your own discretion.

Maybe someday I'll do something more thorough to post on my medium.

(Won't post this on the looksmax because it's just a simple shit, whatever, if a mod wants to move it, do it)

SLEEPING ON YOUR SIDES
Sleeping on your side is one of the stupidest shit you could do to yourself.

We get used to a certain sleep position pattern, so whatever side you sleep on you'll get used to that, eventually, you'll be sleeping always on that same position. Even if you try to force yourself to sleep alternately on both sides on different days, your body will tend to change to the side that it is more used to. This constant pattern will lead to several asymmetries on your body and face (especially if you're still developing).

Sleeping on your side is also associated with infant dolichocephaly head shape tendencies.

Another major problem with sleeping on your side is that your face will be in constant contact with the pillow, two major problems will come from this:

• A bad quality pillow will be harsh on your face skin (especially if you move around a lot while sleeping which can cause friction and cause your skin to be dragged around forcing the skin to be stretched unnecessarily)​
  • It's relatively common for people who suffer from bacterial acne to be more prone to have more acne on the side of the face that they sleep on (take in consideration that not only bacteria will accumulate on the pillow but also the skincare products that you use)​
500_F_144877575_gNgDsa88SZMLUZzBQMCRaNdWLw3Qt1aP.jpg

SLEEPING ON YOUR STOMACH
You're as stupid as someone can be.

SLEEPING ON YOUR BACK CORRECTLY
As many of you already know, sleeping on your back is the correct way to sleep. Sleeping on your back will avoid the problems mentioned above that sleeping on your side cause:

• Asymmetrical face (especially mandibular asymmetry)​
  • Asymmetries on the body (bones and muscles)​
  • Skin sagging​
  • Bacterial and dirt accumulation​
The problem is that most of you probably don't sleep on your back correctly. I'm pretty sure most of you who sleep on your back, sleep like this:

man-sleeping-on-his-back-in-bed.jpg

If you do, congrats! Not only you've been breathing wrong your entire life but you also have been sleeping wrong! over for you.

This position has a couple of major problems:

• Using a pillow to rest your head will force your head forward and downwards causing an airflow restriction, you'll probably mouth breath during the night. Ideally, you shouldn't use pillows at all! This way you'll maintain your spine erect and a proper airflow passage on your neck area.
incorrect-correct-sleeping-posture-of-woman-vector-21376050.jpg

• Another problem with this position is regarding the position that you rest your hands. This position will cause a rotation of your shoulders making them slouched. Do the following test:
1- Stand up with a normal position
2- Relax your arms completely
3- Bring your shoulders as far back as possible forcing an erect position
4- Now watch the position of your hands while you slowly hunch your back and slouch your shoulders.

You'll notice that while you're on a perfectly erect position the palm of your hands is similar to that of when you do hammer curls exercise, they are facing each other, on the other hand when you slouch your shoulders the palm of hands are parallel facing your body like on an inverted curl exercise. You can also do the same test while maintaining a thumbs up with both hands while you watch the thumbs going from both facing forward parallel to each other, to a position where they point to each other when your shoulders are slouched.

Thus, this position will not only cause a forward head position but also predisposes to slouched shoulders as well.

You can check my Posturemax megathread for more information:

• Another problem with this position is on your spine, because of its natural format it can cause problems on your lower back if you don't use something to rest this part of the spine (usually you have to use a pillow below your legs to keep the spine straight)
Sleep-with-Lower-Back-Pain.jpg

HOW SHOULD YOU SLEEP THEN?
Ideally:

• No pillows, so this way you can maintain a proper head position without blocking your airway passage. (Without a pillow it will be really difficult for your body to force your head downwards with your chin moving towards the neck)
  • To avoid the slouched shoulder and hunched back you should sleep with your arms up. (Make the test, lie on the bed now with one of your hands resting on your stomach and the other arm up and note your shoulders, you'll notice that the shoulder with the arm up is more in contact with the bed then the other one) (PS.: I haven't researched if this position can cause any problem on the rotator cuff though)
  • Regarding the legs, you can either use the pillow like the image above or sleep in this position:
    image_iphone.jpg

This will also help stretch the muscles around your penis, maybe that helps with something
    A lot of babies sleep on the position that I'm suggesting btw:
    newborn-baby-asleep-portrait-young-funny-babe-napping-white-knitted-blanket-his-arms-up-cute-new-born-child-sleeping-75186892.jpg

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, TheChosenChad, SadnessWYJ and 14 others
Meanwhile chad sleeps on his harem of prom queens. I think maybe its cope but if u mouthbreathe and sleep bad its over

• +1
Reactions: Somerandombroseph, Arcturus, Gaygymmaxx and 3 others
I spent half an hour yesterday reading all kind of shit online about sleep position, what a coincidence. Thank you for the guide.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
will try it

• +1
You didn’t address the main problem which is how to fall asleep on ur back. It starts getting uncomfortable after a few minutes.

Still good thread. Everyone should try to sleep on their back

• +1
Meanwhile chad sleeps on his harem of prom queens. I think maybe its cope but if u mouthbreathe and sleep bad its over

Still important when raising your kids, if you get children

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 9837, SadnessWYJ and 1 other person

most attractive man in the world sleeps on his side, not saying any of the stuff in the post is wrong but how much does it even matter

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel, Deleted member 2205 and 1 other person
This will be an effortless and quick guide on how to really sleep properly. This won't include any research or studies and it's just based on the information that I already have in my mind, follow the information here at your own discretion.

(Won't post this on the looksmax because it's just a simple shit, whatever, if a mod wants to move it, do it)

SLEEPING ON YOUR SIDES

We get used to a certain sleep position pattern, so whatever side you sleep on you'll get used to that, eventually, you'll be sleeping always on that same position. Even if you try to force yourself to sleep alternately on both sides on different days, your body will tend to change to the side that it is more used to. This constant pattern will lead to several asymmetries on your body and face (especially if you're still developing).

Sleeping on your side is also associated with infant dolichocephaly head shape tendencies.

Another major problem with sleeping on your side is that your face will be in constant contact with the pillow, two major problems will come from this:

• A bad quality pillow will be harsh on your face skin (especially if you move around a lot while sleeping which can cause friction and cause your skin to be dragged around forcing the skin to be stretched unnecessarily)​
  • It's relatively common for people who suffer from bacterial acne to be more prone to have more acne on the side of the face that they sleep on (take in consideration that not only bacteria will accumulate on the pillow but also the skincare products that you use)​

SLEEPING ON YOUR STOMACH

As many of you already know, sleeping on your back is the correct way to sleep. Sleeping on your back will avoid the problems mentioned above that sleeping on your side cause:

• Skin sagging​
The problem is that most of you probably don't sleep on your back correctly. I'm pretty sure most of you who sleep on your back, sleep like this:

If you do, congrats! Not only you've been breathing wrong your entire life but you also have been sleeping wrong! over for you.

• Using a pillow to rest your head will force your head forward and downwards causing an airflow restriction, you'll probably mouth breath during the night. Ideally, you shouldn't use pillows at all! This way you'll maintain your spine erect and a proper airflow passage on your neck area.

• Another problem with this position is regarding the position that you rest your hands. This position will cause a rotation of your shoulders making them slouched. Do the following test:
4- Now watch the position of your hands while you slowly hunch your back and slouch your shoulders.

You'll notice that while you're on a perfectly erect position the palm of your hands is similar to that of when you do hammer curls exercise, they are facing each other, on the other hand when you slouch your shoulders the palm of hands are parallel facing your body like on an inverted curl exercise. You can also do the same test while maintaining a thumbs up with both hands while you watch the thumbs going from both facing forward parallel to each other, to a position where they point to each other when your shoulders are slouched.

Thus, this position will not only cause a forward head position but also predisposes to slouched shoulders as well.

• Another problem with this position is on your spine, because of its natural format it can cause problems on your lower back if you don't use something to rest this part of the spine (usually you have to use a pillow below your legs to keep the spine straight)

Ideally:

• No pillows, so this way you can maintain a proper head position without blocking your airway passage. (Without a pillow it will be really difficult for your body to force your head downwards with your chin moving towards the neck)​
  • To avoid the slouched shoulder and hunched back you should sleep with your arms up. (Make the test, lie on the bed now with one of your hands resting on your stomach and the other arm up and note your shoulders, you'll notice that the shoulder with the arm up is more in contact with the bed then the other one) (PS.: I haven't researched if this position can cause any problem on the rotator cuff though)​
  • Regarding the legs, you can either use the pillow like the image above or sleep in this position:
    image_iphone.jpg

This will also help stretch the muscles around your penis, maybe that helps with something
    newborn-baby-asleep-portrait-young-funny-babe-napping-white-knitted-blanket-his-arms-up-cute-new-born-child-sleeping-75186892.jpg

Good thread i just got a quick question i saw this vid and the claim was good jawlines was the best type of jaw is it true or nah ?

I’m glad you’re back. Your threads are always so helpful.

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob and Deleted member 1100
Good thread i just got a quick question i saw this vid and the claim was good jawlines was the best type of jaw is it true or nah ?

View attachment 289997

Is that from any study? (I highly doubt, probably some questionnaire that he did himself with absolute no controls at all)

Ramus look short af

Is that from any study? (I highly doubt, probably some questionnaire that he did himself with absolute no controls at all)

Ramus look short af

It was from this study.

I highly doubt though a gook ramus is ideal

yea let me just sleep on my back to get instant sleep paralysis

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2205 and Deleted member 1100

Ramus look short af

It was an online survery

Which is surprising cause i was expecting the first guy to mog the rest it's only intuitive

• +1
It was from this study.

View attachment 290009

I highly doubt though a gook ramus is ideal

That ain't an actual study tbh

JFL, it seems he did this "study" himself, jfl if that's the case.

Brb making a study to find the most attractive jaw and gonna use completely different subjects, with completely different phenos, photographic and pretty much everything else...

giphy.gif

• +1
That ain't an actual study tbh

JFL, it seems he did this "study" himself, jfl if that's the case.

Brb making a study to find the most attractive jaw and gonna use completely different subjects, with completely different phenos, photographic and pretty much everything else...

giphy.gif

Does This methodology seem valid ?

• +1
View attachment 290021

Does This methodology seem valid ?

Nope, jfl

I read an article the other day kinda similar to this, comparing the lips of average women with photographies of famous/model/miss women.

This kind of methodology is what you expect from an Africa country wih a IDH lower than .4 jfl.

If a study doesn't control for all the other variabilities when trying to investigate the importance of a certain feature, most likely the study won't represent reality.

Nope, jfl

I read an article the other day kinda similar to this, comparing the lips of average women with photographies of famous/model/miss women.

This kind of methodology is what you expect from an Africa country wih a IDH lower than .4 jfl.

If a study doesn't control for all the other variabilities when trying to investigate the importance of a certain feature, most likely the study won't represent reality.

Then my intuition is right i knew i was being tricked.

8hEuEx6.png

sleeping position affects face, obviously it won't make a subhuman become human, but it can get you 0.5% better, with other stuff you'll add more and more points

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, TheChosenChad and Deleted member 2661
Sleep on back with pillow for head and under knees. Anything else is retarded.

did read quality thread, anyway I'm getting hin pillow for my neck,

SLEEPING ON YOUR SIDES

SLEEPING ON YOUR STOMACH

• Skin sagging​

Ideally:

• No pillows, so this way you can maintain a proper head position without blocking your airway passage. (Without a pillow it will be really difficult for your body to force your head downwards with your chin moving towards the neck)​
  • To avoid the slouched shoulder and hunched back you should sleep with your arms up. (Make the test, lie on the bed now with one of your hands resting on your stomach and the other arm up and note your shoulders, you'll notice that the shoulder with the arm up is more in contact with the bed then the other one) (PS.: I haven't researched if this position can cause any problem on the rotator cuff though)​
    image_iphone.jpg

:lul::lul::lul:
70005397 4939 4364 81B3 A726223D1A77
Maxxing

I’m gonna try to sleep like this even if I have to force myself for as long as possible

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: AscendingHero and stevielake
Just facepalm at not realizing people don't choose to sleep on their side. People sleep on their side as a last resort because of breathing issues, most commonly sleep apnea and nasal congestion.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and stevielake
:lul::lul::lul:
View attachment 1673823 Maxxing

I’m gonna try to sleep like this even if I have to force myself for as long as possible
But side sleeping even stomach sleeping feels so much better FUCK😅

Going to be posture/sleep maxxing like this for life.

Although forcing yourself into proper position is so hard when you've taught yourself a pattern for yrs on yrs

Posture maxxing becomes even more futile when you dont actively rectify the root cause (posture & development are correlated0 which is recessed

Narrow , Small, and downswung jaws of the face simply. Trying to posturemaxx without improving your jaw positon and shape will just impinge nerves, potentially cause more problems (think of trying to fix the top of a tower on an ill foundation) and eventually more often than not you'll give up.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834
A thread on how to sleep now I’ve seen it all :lul: Thought the one on how to breathe was dumb enough

• JFL
Reactions: Deprived
I sleep on my stomach and still more symmetrical than 99% of you incels

But side sleeping even stomach sleeping feels so much better FUCK😅

Going to be posture/sleep maxxing like this for life.

Although forcing yourself into proper position is so hard when you've taught yourself a pattern for yrs on yrs

Posture maxxing becomes even more futile when you dont actively rectify the root cause (posture & development are correlated0 which is recessed

Narrow , Small, and downswung jaws of the face simply. Trying to posturemaxx without improving your jaw positon and shape will just impinge nerves, potentially cause more problems (think of trying to fix the top of a tower on an ill foundation) and eventually more often than not you'll give up.

Yeah but think about the stress on your face from side sleeping. Front sleeping mogs if you can use a face tape to seal lips

I agree btw I just tried to sleep like this and I kept waking up although the dreams were DEEP so practice will fix it

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
I agree btw I just tried to sleep like this and I kept waking up although the dreams were DEEP so practice will fix it
Back sleeping also makes sure one avoids too much neurocranium growth, native americans and asian parents were known to do this to their kids alot.
Yeah but think about the stress on your face from side sleeping. Front sleeping mogs if you can use a face tape to seal lips
Front sleeping -> sleeping on ur face?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834
Back sleeping also makes sure one avoids too much neurocranium growth, native americans and asian parents were known to do this to their kids alot.

Front sleeping -> sleeping on ur face?

Don’t quote me just yet. I have to research for myself before I can give a solid answer. There are plenty of mammals that are notorious side sleepers etc. I’ll lyk soon

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Don’t quote me just yet. I have to research for myself before I can give a solid answer. There are plenty of mammals that are notorious side sleepers etc. I’ll lyk soon
👍