How to speak more clearly

Kristin

Kristin

I'm death—Straight up.
Ive tried a lot of things such as speaking more slowly, speaking from the chest, etc, anything really short of speech therapy but nothing really works

I wish i had a more nt speaking pattern, I sound like a robot

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, Amnesia, thecel and 1 other person
pretend ur talking to a child. are u scared of the people u talk to?

pretend ur talking to a child. are u scared of the people u talk to?
yea, I'm very very scared of the people I talk to. It's not like talking to my family where I know they wont judge me. I get scared when talking to them since i think they're better than me

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Amnesia and gamma
start by reading more books, and when alone read them loudly nocap

start by reading more books, and when alone read them loudly nocap
I did try that for a while but I still think I'm intimidated by people irl and just stutter so bad, maybe I should pursue therapy

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia
I did try that for a while but I still think I'm intimidated by people irl and just stutter so bad, maybe I should pursue therapy
the gym will give u the confidence u need bro

• Love it
Reactions: Kristin
yea, I'm very very scared of the people I talk to. It's not like talking to my family where I know they wont judge me. I get scared when talking to them since i think they're better than me
When you talk to peoples, talk to them cause you really want to know or say something to those peoples. Don't talk just to get a certain reaction out of them. Cause ye if you talk just cause you want to be accepted or something like that but not cause you genuinely want to talk to them and in reality you don't have much to say, you're going to then be nervous of how they're going to respond to what you have to say since it's all you care about when talking to them and ye it could affect the way you talk.

• +1
Reactions: Kristin
It might not be your problem tho maybe you really have things to say but you're just too nervous idk

Become more gl, I have the same problem, do u think I had it when I was younger? No because I was cute child, it all goes back to how good looking people get positive reinforcement. Even if ur gl and shy people will still want to become friends with u and start conversations, thus making u more NT,

TLDR: you're not Chad enough

i need this too. i thought it is from my confidence issue which is partially true. but there is definitely something wrong with my airway.

are u a small guy?

I still think how good your voice sounds aka tone/timbre, clearness, volume/resonance is mostly about a good face/skull structure, especially a forward-grown wide tall maxilla. It all comes in a package

Fix your jaws and talk more is the best advice probably, was always insecure about my voice aswell since I can remember, good depth but shit tone combo and turns out it was because of my not properly grown lower maxilla