How to start in the gym?

A

Affluxion

Iron
I’m new to lifting, what should my routine be to get the best results? I don’t know much and the people around me are fat faggots that don’t lift anything but donuts and are clueless. Help

• JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker and RichardSpencel
push pull legs split
eat 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight

• JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
yes and healthy fats for good hormone production
I really appreciate the advice bc people around me don’t know shit about looking good. Do you have any food suggestions? I was thinking of using an app to track my calories

I really appreciate the advice bc people around me don’t know shit about looking good. Do you have any food suggestions? I was thinking of using an app to track my calories
you honestly don't need all that when starting out, as long as you're not obese you should just eat until you're ready to throw up with every meal while prioritizing protein.

you honestly don't need all that when starting out, as long as you're not obese you should just eat until you're ready to throw up with every meal while prioritizing protein.
Ohh ok. How long should I do that before I start to cut? Like 6 months?

Start some basic program 5x5

Leave your house and travel to the gym

No need to thank me bhai

Bench squat deadlift

run greyskull lp / stronglifts 5x5 for 16 weeks

then depending on ur goals u switch programs
if your primarily goal is strength then move onto Madcow per the SL deload schedule
if mass/size is a primary goal then check out intermediate programs that incorporate more volume
and if your primary goal is athletics and strength training is just complementary then the balance depends on how intense your sport-specific training is, whether you're in season, etc.

start with machines then after that start doing the compound lifts ohp bench etc