HOW TO TRADE OPTIONS FULL GUIDE (FOR BEGINNERS)

nulll

nulll

Silver
@Nims @currylightskin @Crusile @5'7 zoomer @pneumocystosis @House Lannister @curryboy123
If done correctly you can turn a 100 dollar account to a 10000 dollar account.

LESSON 1: HOW TO GET STARTED
The easiest way to open an options account for me personally is with Robinhood. The interface for options is very simple and good for beginners, and it is good if you want to learn about investing. Sign up with my link if you want.

LESSON 2: WHAT IS AN OPTION?
In simple terms, an option is an obligation to buy 100 shares or sell 100 shares of a stock at a given date. You however have to pay a premium for the option that you buy. Heres an example:

The only numbers that are important right now is the one on the far left and the one on the far right. The first number is the strike price which is the price that you will have to buy/sell 100 shares of the stock at when the option expires. The number on the right the premium for the stock, which is the price that you have to pay for the option itself.

Premiums
When you buy an option, you will have to buy the premium*100. You rarely have to wait until the option expires to make money, you rather make money by reselling the stock when the premium raises. Again, you do not have to wait until the option expires to make money.

Calls vs Puts

Every option is essentially a contract, or bet, between two parties. A call option states that the buyer of the call option predicts that the stock price will be above the strike price that they chose by the given option expiry date. Let me give an example:

Lets say that I believe that Amazon is going to be above $103 by feb 3. I would buy the option circled for a $4.30 premium, which will be multiplied by 100 to have a total cost of $430. When the stock price of Amazon rises, the premium that you paid for the option will also rise. There is a way that you see how much your premium will go up relative to the stock price, but that will be explained in a later section of the guide. For calls, if the stock rises, your premium rises. You can make money with calls by reselling the option at a higher premium than you paid.

A put is the opposite of a call. When the stock price goes down, the price of the premium goes up. Here's an example:

Lets say that I believe that the stock price of Amazon will be worth $100 by the end of feb 3. I would buy the premium for $284, and when the price goes down, your put's premium will increase in price.

In the money vs out of the money options:

Here is an example of an option that is in the money.

Since we are buying puts right now, the value of the option the arrow is pointing to is IN the money because the stock price has already gone lower than the strike price. ($104) This means that the option will have worth when it expires.
An out of the money option would be something like a put on img above with a strike price of $99. Out of the money options often experience larger percent gains/losses than In the Money options. Since the Out of the Money options have a lower price, a small change in their price can translate into large percent returns and volatility. Options that are deep in the money have premiums that are almost equal in percent change as the stock itself. If you have a smaller account and you are trying to grow it, Out of the money options will grow your small account faster.

Since this is a beginners guide, I would recommend you only buy calls/puts instead of selling them or doing spreads.

The Greeks

The Greeks are a very important set of values that will help you determine your chances of success on a particular option.

NameDependent VarIndependent Var
DeltaOption priceValue of underlying asset
GammaDeltaValue of underlying asset
VegaOption priceVolatility
ThetaOption priceTime to maturity
RhoOption priceInterest rate

- Delta stands for the change in price of the option when compared to the change in price of the underlying stock. For call options, it will be between 0 and 1; for put options, it will be between 0 and -1. The closer to 1 or -1, the more likely that the price of that option will increase or decrease dollar for dollar as the stock price changes. If it’s at 0.5 or -0.5, it will increase or decrease by 50 cents for every dollar of change on the stock. The further in the money the option is, the higher its delta will be. The higher the delta, the more likely your option is going to finish in the money.

- The Gamma stands for the change in the delta of an option relative to the change in the price of the underlying stock. It tells you, therefore, what the rate of increase of the delta is. As a buyer, a high gamma is good assuming that your assumptions about what the underlying stock is going to do are correct.

- Theta stands for the change in the price of an option relative to how much time is left until it expires. It is directly related to the time value and will decrease as that value does. You want a low theta risk with options more than 90 days before expiration if you are long on your position because you don’t want the time value to drop. You want a high theta if you are short with options less than 30 days to deadline. (long = buy short = sell)
-Vega stands for the change in price relative to the option’s change in volatility. Premiums increase with volatility so vega will, too. Specifically, it will tell you how every 1 percent point change in the implied volatility affects the premium. If the volatility drops or disappears altogether, it’s possible that your option could lose value, so, vega is important to keep an eye on.

If this is difficult to understand, watch this video.

Lesson 3: Technical/Fundamental Analysis

Now that you know the basics of options, its time to learn how to make some money.

Fundamental Analysis

Fundamental analysis is the process of determining a stock's "fair value". This step is easy, you mostly have to look on the internet for different analyst opinions on sites like seeking alpha, morningstar, and yahoo finance. You should also check for important news or innovations that the stock has made. Another easy way to make money is by seeing what companies have their quarterly earnings reports, and making a decision on whether they will perform good or bad. This can be done with the methods stated before.

Technical Analysis

Technical Analysis is the process of determining a future stock price by past market data. The first and most important step is to go Tradingview, make an account, and look at the stocks using the site.

Reading candlesticks
Hopefully by now you're on tradingview and you picked a stock. If you dont know how to turn candlesticks on, theres an image showing where the button is down below.

The first thing you need to know about candlesticks and technical analysis is that it does not work 100 percent of the time. This should be paired with a fair fundamental analysis of the stock before you make an options trade.

Basic candlestick patterns
Once you trade for longer, you will be able to recognize and trade using these patterns more.

While you can learn all of these, if you are too lazy and want an easy way to use technical analysis, follow these steps:

1. Click the indicators button on tradingview
2. Search in indicators: "Strat assistant" and click "Strat assistant" and "Strat assistant Highs and Lows"
3. Use this video in order to learn how to use these indicators.

This concludes the end of my guide. If you have any questions, PM me or reply to thread.

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Kebab Master, ascension, irrumator praetor and 17 others
BRO NOT AGIAN

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23564, thecel, Deleted member 19453 and 2 others
holy shit lemme edit it im almost done

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Crusile, Deleted member 19453 and 2 others
Thankyou bb😽😽
Read it but I'm low IQ :feelsuhh:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and rooman
Love it bro 😍

It could be great if there’s a discord discussing what’s good to buy and stuff as well

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
Give us signals

Unironically read every word.
This is a great thread. Spot on.
I see so many people on r/wallstreetbets go from 12k to 90k but I never really understood how.

This is awesome. Looking forward to the edit :)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23564, Crusile, Patient A and 2 others
ok done and i added more for technical analysis

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and pneumocystosis
I might make an advanced options trading thread for spreads and other types of options trades

• Woah
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Crusile, 5'7 zoomer and pneumocystosis
Give us signals
I edited and showed a indicator strategy with video that has signals. Or do you mean like what my trades are

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and pneumocystosis
if u dont understand something u can PM me
Thankyou but I'm 15 and only ever done crypto so I don't really understand much but still bookmarked and good thread😹🤙

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and nulll
I edited and showed a indicator strategy with video that has signals. Or do you mean like what my trades are
Yh u could give trades in exchange of profit with trustworþhy users like myself. I wouldnt ruin my looksmax reputation for cheap bucks

• +1
Reactions: nulll
Yh u could give trades in exchange of profit with trustworþhy users like myself. I wouldnt ruin my looksmax reputation for cheap bucks
maybe ill make a server

Options is gambling and i doubt anyone here will make profit, you need years of experience me thinks. Wallstreetsbet is mostly guys losing money. Rather gamble on crypto shitcoins than options..

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23564
Options is gambling and i doubt anyone here will make profit, you need years of experience me thinks. Wallstreetsbet is mostly guys losing money. Rather gamble on crypto shitcoins than options..
If you have risk management you'll be fine. If you aren't willing to risk anything to get money then stay a wageslave

If you have risk management you'll be fine. If you aren't willing to risk anything to get money then stay a wageslave
options is just rolling the dice lel, no such thing as risk management in options. No one really wins except the big boys. Post your PnL chart for the last year.

@Nims @currylightskin @Crusile @5'7 zoomer @pneumocystosis @House Lannister @curryboy123

The easiest way to open an options account for me personally is with Robinhood. The interface for options is very simple and good for beginners, and it is good if you want to learn about investing. Sign up with my link if you want.

In simple terms, an option is an obligation to buy 100 shares or sell 100 shares of a stock at a given date. You however have to pay a premium for the option that you buy. Heres an example: View attachment 2061982
The only numbers that are important right now is the one on the far left and the one on the far right. The first number is the strike price which is the price that you will have to buy/sell 100 shares of the stock at when the option expires. The number on the right the premium for the stock, which is the price that you have to pay for the option itself.

Premiums
When you buy an option, you will have to buy the premium*100. You rarely have to wait until the option expires to make money, you rather make money by reselling the stock when the premium raises. Again, you do not have to wait until the option expires to make money.

Calls vs Puts

Every option is essentially a contract, or bet, between two parties. A call option states that the buyer of the call option predicts that the stock price will be above the strike price that they chose by the given option expiry date. Let me give an example:
View attachment 2061987
Lets say that I believe that Amazon is going to be above $103 by feb 3. I would buy the option circled for a $4.30 premium, which will be multiplied by 100 to have a total cost of $430. When the stock price of Amazon rises, the premium that you paid for the option will also rise. There is a way that you see how much your premium will go up relative to the stock price, but that will be explained in a later section of the guide. For calls, if the stock rises, your premium rises. You can make money with calls by reselling the option at a higher premium than you paid.

A put is the opposite of a call. When the stock price goes down, the price of the premium goes up. Here's an example:

View attachment 2061994
Lets say that I believe that the stock price of Amazon will be worth $100 by the end of feb 3. I would buy the premium for $284, and when the price goes down, your put's premium will increase in price.

View attachment 2062000

Since we are buying puts right now, the value of the option the arrow is pointing to is IN the money because the stock price has already gone lower than the strike price. ($104) This means that the option will have worth when it expires.
An out of the money option would be something like a put on img above with a strike price of $99. Out of the money options often experience larger percent gains/losses than In the Money options. Since the Out of the Money options have a lower price, a small change in their price can translate into large percent returns and volatility. Options that are deep in the money have premiums that are almost equal in percent change as the stock itself. If you have a smaller account and you are trying to grow it, Out of the money options will grow your small account faster.

Since this is a beginners guide, I would recommend you only buy calls/puts instead of selling them or doing spreads.

The Greeks

The Greeks are a very important set of values that will help you determine your chances of success on a particular option.
View attachment 2062055

- Delta stands for the change in price of the option when compared to the change in price of the underlying stock. For call options, it will be between 0 and 1; for put options, it will be between 0 and -1. The closer to 1 or -1, the more likely that the price of that option will increase or decrease dollar for dollar as the stock price changes. If it’s at 0.5 or -0.5, it will increase or decrease by 50 cents for every dollar of change on the stock. The further in the money the option is, the higher its delta will be. The higher the delta, the more likely your option is going to finish in the money.

- The Gamma stands for the change in the delta of an option relative to the change in the price of the underlying stock. It tells you, therefore, what the rate of increase of the delta is. As a buyer, a high gamma is good assuming that your assumptions about what the underlying stock is going to do are correct.

- Theta stands for the change in the price of an option relative to how much time is left until it expires. It is directly related to the time value and will decrease as that value does. You want a low theta risk with options more than 90 days before expiration if you are long on your position because you don’t want the time value to drop. You want a high theta if you are short with options less than 30 days to deadline. (long = buy short = sell)
-Vega stands for the change in price relative to the option’s change in volatility. Premiums increase with volatility so vega will, too. Specifically, it will tell you how every 1 percent point change in the implied volatility affects the premium. If the volatility drops or disappears altogether, it’s possible that your option could lose value, so, vega is important to keep an eye on.

Now that you know the basics of options, its time to learn how to make some money.

Fundamental Analysis

Fundamental analysis is the process of determining a stock's "fair value". This step is easy, you mostly have to look on the internet for different analyst opinions on sites like seeking alpha, morningstar, and yahoo finance. You should also check for important news or innovations that the stock has made. Another easy way to make money is by seeing what companies have their quarterly earnings reports, and making a decision on whether they will perform good or bad. This can be done with the methods stated before.

Technical Analysis

Technical Analysis is the process of determining a future stock price by past market data. The first and most important step is to go Tradingview, make an account, and look at the stocks using the site.

Reading candlesticks
Hopefully by now you're on tradingview and you picked a stock. If you dont know how to turn candlesticks on, theres an image showing where the button is down below.
View attachment 2062116

The first thing you need to know about candlesticks and technical analysis is that it does not work 100 percent of the time. This should be paired with a fair fundamental analysis of the stock before you make an options trade.

Once you trade for longer, you will be able to recognize and trade using these patterns more.
View attachment 2062124
View attachment 2062127

View attachment 2062128

While you can learn all of these, if you are too lazy and want an easy way to use technical analysis, follow these steps:

2. Search in indicators: "Strat assistant" and click "Strat assistant" and "Strat assistant Highs and Lows"

This concludes the end of my guide. If you have any questions, PM me or reply to thread.
Imagine learning about the stock market on an incel forum

• JFL
Reactions: nulll
oh shit we finally got a wall streets bets user
leaving this here for yall

B9DF77FB FECF 4585 A218 C0EBD17E27CC

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23564

In simple terms, an option is an obligation to buy 100 shares or sell 100 shares of a stock at a given date. You however have to pay a premium for the option that you buy. Heres an example: View attachment 2061982

Premiums

Calls vs Puts

View attachment 2061987

View attachment 2061994

View attachment 2062000

The Greeks

View attachment 2062055

Fundamental Analysis

Technical Analysis

Reading candlesticks
View attachment 2062116

View attachment 2062124
View attachment 2062127

View attachment 2062128

holy fuck high iq thread finally

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Crusile
Those candlestick patterns are gigacopes for traders. No candlestick patterns proved profitable in backtests.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Wallenberg
This is good , do you have any experience on vol operations ?

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
You literally fucked up with the extremely basic definition. An option is the right, but not the obligation to buy/sell an asset at the expiry date at the strike price

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Crusile
The only option is suicide

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: ascension and nulll
If you would just have to follow a guide to 100x your money everyone would do it

If you would just have to follow a guide to 100x your money everyone would do it
everyone is doing it brah and its working why arent u

Premiums

Calls vs Puts

View attachment 2061987

View attachment 2061994

View attachment 2062000

The Greeks

View attachment 2062055

Fundamental Analysis

Technical Analysis

Reading candlesticks
View attachment 2062116

View attachment 2062124
View attachment 2062127

View attachment 2062128

Amazing, God's work.

• +1
Reactions: Crusile
I'm a new member here so I guess I don't have much credibility but I'd suggest you look into futures. A bit more safer than options, but with enough volatility/and or leverage to be more profitable than stocks. You'd want to check the NASDAQ (NQ) and S&P 500 (ES). There's even micro futures which cost a tenth of the normal contracts. I have a slides or pdf I got off a discord about them.

op show results YTD

options trading is easy way to lose money, the market is optimized, eveeything is priced in and if you think you are the special somone who will find the mega over/under valued stock that only you see and not the thousands of analysts then its over

Looking forward to seeing incels post their losses in this thread from not knowing what they were doing

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ascension and thecel