How to transition from 45lb to 90lb neck curls?

Deleted member 6403

Deleted member 6403

Made It Out The Hood
title, can't hold multiple plates

Just get stacy to sit on your neck theory

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
you start using a wide grip adjustable dumbbell when you get up to that point bro.

title, can't hold multiple plates

1) You don't want to transition straight from 45lb to 90lb or you will risk seriously hurting yourself. Try 55lbs and add in 10lb increments.

2) Your neck should be doing most of the work. Gripping the plate shouldn't be a bottleneck because it must be as loose as possible to maximise tension on the neck muscles. I hold the plate loosely without wrapping my fingers around it to prevent involving the arms.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
1) You don't want to transition straight from 45lb to 90lb or you will risk seriously hurting yourself. Try 55lbs and add in 10lb increments.

2) Your neck should be doing most of the work. Gripping the plate shouldn't be a bottleneck because it must be as loose as possible to maximise tension on the neck muscles. I hold the plate loosely without wrapping my fingers around it to prevent involving the arms.
45lb neck curls do seem pretty insane now that you mention it, if you could curl that amount for a decent number of reps I imagine you'd already have a pretty big neck.

He's probably doing weighted crunches lol

yea ik thats why i asked. i cant hold the 10s with the 45

Are you using neck harness ?

Be strong enough to fo so.