How to understand the economy (books youtube videos formulas ect)

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
I understand the basics but I want a book or something. Econ classes at college are a joke half the stuff is outdated or stupid. I just learn enough to pass my tests then thats it

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
Pretty loaded question.

What about the economy are you trying to learn?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
Pretty loaded question.

What about the economy are you trying to learn?
Fair enough I guess at first a more general view then more specific as I zoom in.

Going to try reading books on inflation in the past so I can try to find correlations with the current era.

I would start with some basic stuff by Ray Dalio :

He has some books too.

I would also look into improving your own personal finance literacy.

Generally as you learn about managing your own personal finances you will begin to have a better grasp of how money works on a macro level as well.

A good and fun, yet educational entry to personal finance at its most fundamental level is a book called The Richest Man in Babylon by George S Clason.

I can recommend more serious books but ultimately what will help the most is putting these things into practice.

Reading books is good and all but what helps the most is experiential learning.

Also watch some serious documentaries on the 08 crisis, there are also some more lighthearted and fun movies about it like The Big Short.

• +1
No economy for your face

• JFL
Reactions: Bakin donuts 🍩
No economy for your face
Ironically, women were forced to have sex with inferior males when they were financially dependent on men (although one can argue it's meaningless without a physical attraction). Economics are actually for everything, since social issues are fake and gay and economic issues are real and important.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and Bakin donuts 🍩
Ironically, women were forced to have sex with inferior males when they were financially dependent on men (although one can argue it's meaningless without a physical attraction). Economics are actually for everything, since social issues are fake and gay and economic issues are real and important.

The oldest profession in the world (or the world's oldest profession) is a phrase that, unless another meaning is specified, refers to prostitution.
Based

• JFL
Reactions: HerpDerpson
I would start with some basic stuff by Ray Dalio :

He has some books too.

I would also look into improving your own personal finance literacy.

Generally as you learn about managing your own personal finances you will begin to have a better grasp of how money works on a macro level as well.

A good and fun, yet educational entry to personal finance at its most fundamental level is a book called The Richest Man in Babylon by George S Clason.

I can recommend more serious books but ultimately what will help the most is putting these things into practice.

Reading books is good and all but what helps the most is experiential learning.

Also watch some serious documentaries on the 08 crisis, there are also some more lighthearted and fun movies about it like The Big Short.

The anime "Spice and Wolf" actually has a lot of good economic info it dates in the middle ages but the concepts still exist but scaled up in the modern world.

Funny enough my dad told me to read Ray Dalio I figured it was just some boomer shit like always so never looked into it

The anime "Spice and Wolf" actually has a lot of good economic info it dates in the middle ages but the concepts still exist but scaled up in the modern world.
Can't wait for season 3.

• +1
google and reddit

• Ugh..
Das Kapital by Karl Marx