how was your mse appointment??

the next o'pry

the next o'pry

MM’s makes MM’s
in 2 weeks i will have an appointment with a maxillofacial surgeon. my question for all of you guys who already had an mse appointment is, did you say that you want mse for health issues or for aesthetics reasons? and if you say aesthetics reasons did the surgeon try to bluepilled you? how was your experience with the surgeon and what did you ask him?
im scared that the maxillofacial surgeon reject me because im not 'a candidate for the surgery '

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 3202, PubertyMaxxer and 1 other person
in 2 weeks i will have an appointment with a maxillofacial surgeon. my question for all of you guys who already had an mse appointment is, did you say that you want mse for health issues or for aesthetics reasons? and if you say aesthetics reasons did the surgeon try to bluepilled you? how was your experience with the surgeon and what did you ask him?
im scared that the maxillofacial surgeon reject me because im not 'a candidate for the surgery '

MSE isn't surgery. Many maxfax surgeons don't even know about this. But remember an orthodontist must be involved in the process.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, randomguy1235 and the next o'pry
MSE isn't surgery. Many maxfax surgeons don't even know about this. But remember an orthodontist must be involved in the process.
so, i should have talk first with an orthodontist? cope and rope used to say that onlu maxfax can do this type of treatment

It must be done by a team. Some orthodontist place MSE themselves, some prefer to ask someone else. MSE placement is just placing 4 screws. That's not surgery... :) (in my opinion, but it is true that I consider surgery bigger things like Le Forts). But advanced techniques to improve the chances of success of MSE might be a bit more surgical.

But the important thing is that MSE, if it works, will change your bite. Therefore an orthodontic treatment must be planned. So get an ortho on board before installing it. But your surgeon will tell, you if he is an honest professional.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Gaia262, randomguy1235, goat2x and 3 others
No one here had MSE or anything.
Ask on jawsurgeryforums.com

• Hmm...
Reactions: forwardgrowth
@varbrah
@forwardgrowth i might be confusing him with another O’Pry avi who got it done

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and forwardgrowth
Im getting mse soon

I told him I wanted it for both aesthetic and functional reasons (which was true).

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Im getting mse soon
did you already have an appointment?? how was your experience??
I told him I wanted it for both aesthetic and functional reasons (which was true).
and when you said it was for aesthetics reasons he never told you something like you dont need that, youre fine,etc.
btw what did you say for muh muh functional reasons

and when you said it was for aesthetics reasons he never told you something like you dont need that, youre fine,etc.
Well, regarding MSE he agreed it would be an aesthetic improvement since I have a narrow palate and crowding. I also told him I wanted to expand the midface which he didn't object to. When I brought facepulling up he was open to the concept in general and used it on other patients but didn't seem convinced I needed it since he thought my maxilla 'is already in a good position'.

Functional reasons were better nasal breathing and sleep.

• +1
Reactions: randomguy1235, Gaia262, BackFromTheMogging and 1 other person
Well, regarding MSE he agreed it would be an aesthetic improvement since I have a narrow palate and crowding. I also told him I wanted to expand the midface which he didn't object to. When I brought facepulling up he was open to the concept in general and used it on other patients but didn't seem convinced I needed it since he thought my maxilla 'is already in a good position'.

Functional reasons were better nasal breathing and sleep.
How much are you paying for it?

How much are you paying for it?
Still don't understand what the forums consensus on discussing prices in public is, but PM me.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and BackFromTheMogging
did you already have an appointment?? how was your experience??

Consultation on 26th feb wish me luck

• +1
Reactions: zeno

I would bring up health reasons only i.e. maximizing airway volume as MSE is clinically proven to do so. There are quite obviously aesthetic benefits too, but MSE isn't supposed to be an aesthetic treatment, so bringing that up as a primary reason will get most professionals on the defensive about providing it since they don't want to overpromise or get flak from you later if you're not pleased with the degree of aesthetic outcome. This of course makes sense since they are subject to liability and they don't want someone hounding them in person, ruining their reputation online via reviews, etc.
The health angle also applies to protraction, obviously. Most medical professionals (and normies in general) are bluepillers so it's helpful from my experience to use 'airway' as a proxy for 'face' as they're development is intrinsically related.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath and Deleted member 3202