howcome my jaw is recessed but not my chin?

S

steroids

hgh for life
my chin is quite strong but my jaw is recessed? can this be lip incompetance or can my lower jaw actually just be recessed?

its confusing because i dont think i have an overbite but my upper lip is more prominent

i do have bruxism and tmjd so idk if this is a case of icr or not

Solution
Orc
what can i even do for that? does that mean my ramus is going to be higher then? im overweight so i havent seen my ramus
not much, most corrective surgery for the jaw is for the mandibular body.

the ramus can either be too short, too narrow, tilted inwards, or lack a proper degree angle which likely makes it structurally weaker although I haven't found any studies that make comparisons.
mandibular body and ramus are unrelated.

you can have recession on either or both, but most people have it at the ramus like you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23391 and steroids
mandibular body and ramus are unrelated.

you can have recession on either or both, but most people have it at the ramus like you.
what can i even do for that? does that mean my ramus is going to be higher then? im overweight so i havent seen my ramus

and also is it a more of a side profile harm then front profile harm?

not much, most corrective surgery for the jaw is for the mandibular body.

the ramus can either be too short, too narrow, tilted inwards, or lack a proper degree angle which likely makes it structurally weaker although I haven't found any studies that make comparisons.

• +1
Reactions: steroids
Solution
and also is it a more of a side profile harm then front profile harm?
side profile, bad ramus development isn't always visible from the front and it's very common, many goodlooking people have bad ramus development.

side profile, bad ramus development isn't always visible from the front and it's very common, many goodlooking people have bad ramus development.
okay so i shouldnt sweat it too much?

okay so i shouldnt sweat it too much?
as long as you look fine from the front and 3/4th that's most of your appeal.

side profile is important in motion but you can't really tell if it's shit based on still images.

• +1
Reactions: steroids
as long as you look fine from the front and 3/4th that's most of your appeal.

side profile is important in motion but you can't really tell if it's shit based on still images.
can u tell me if my 3/4th and front is good in dms?

can u tell me if my 3/4th and front is good in dms?
I'm a man my opinion on what looks good is irrelevant, if it doesn't appeal to women then it's shit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25566