I [24F] cheated on my perfect boyfriend [26M] last night and I'm completely lost on what to do.

ElySioNs

ElySioNs

Mercenary
Let me say this first. I know what I did was terrible, I fully admit it and I wont' try to justify my cheating at all.

Last night I was out with some friends and the combination of alcohol and a handsome stranger flirting with me led to a terrible decision. I ended up sleeping with the guy but as soon as I realized what I did, I left his place pretty much in tears at 4 am and went back home. Thankfully my boyfriend was already asleep.

Since I got home I've been able to hide my guilt so far but I know I can't do it forever. The problem is, and I know it makes incredibly selfish, breaking up with my boyfriend isn't an option. I love him beyond belief and want to spend the rest of my life with him. I know what I did was wrong, but I know it was a one-time mistake and it really won't ever happen again. I get that this is standard cheater talk but I know for certain it really won't happen again. The other guy is totally out of the picture. I can't remember his name even and it was just sex, not a trace of feelings involved.

But I also know that it's not fair to my boyfriend to let him continue being with me under the assumption that I've always been faithful to him. Believe me, I know telling him is the right thing to do and I really do want to tell him, but I can't risk losing him, I wouldn't survive without my boyfriend. I hate to say the next part, especially since everything I've already said makes me a piece of shit, but I'm almost totally dependent on my boyfriend. I live with him and our income gap is just comical. I know it makes me a selfish monster but I literally would be out on the street if he broke up with me.

what do I do? I know the morally right thing to do is tell him and honestly I deserve to be kicked to the curb, but I'm not exactly a saint, so I can't do that. I don't want to lose my boyfriend and I know he would most likely leave me if I told him. At the same time I don't feel it's totally necessary to tell him especially since I know the cheating was definitely a one-off.

I've been wracked with guilt all day. I know I'm gonna get a lot of responses further telling me I'm a piece of shit and I know it's rightfully deserved but if you could please spare judgment for just a moment, it would mean the world to me. I've never felt so ashamed and guilty before.

tl;dr: Cheated on perfect boyfriend last night. I know I should tell him but I love him to bits, the cheating was definitely a one time thing, and I completely depend on my boyfriend.

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: piec, Xangsane and iwannabebreathtakin
Relatable

• +1
Reactions: ElySioNs
stop posting reddit ramblings

• +1
Reactions: Bug, haramzada and noodlelover
What awaits betabuxxes

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7 and Bug
lol chad can ruin even the most perfect relationship just by existing... no matter how good you treat your girl you are on chad away from her throwing it all away

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3 and humanoidsub7
lol chad can ruin even the most perfect relationship just by existing... no matter how good you treat your girl you are on chad away from her throwing it all away