I believe that loneliness causes physical illness

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
My chronic tmj and back pain was almost non-existent when I was gone to visit my family over christmas and sylvester. Also hung out with an old friend several times. Another thing: my voice was deep as fuck there, a phenomenon I observed multiple times before. Now, as I'm back, tmj and back pain have returned instantly. Voice is back to shit as well. I need friends/people to hang out with regularly tbh. But I already knew all this.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
Being depressed and anxious etc really do have adverse effects on health

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Norwooder, Deleted member 1680, Deleted member 2846 and 3 others
Isolation is obviously bad for mental health but I doubt it would affect you physically.

Isolation is obviously bad for mental health but I doubt it would affect you physically.
It does faggot

Look it up, isolation is as bad as heart disease and mental health effects your physical

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
I think it's basically known that it can cause physical symptoms

• +1
Try to make friends you can hangout with regularly. Loneliness can mess with ur head after a while

19Th century shit

• Hmm...
Try to make friends you can hangout with regularly. Loneliness can mess with ur head after a while
I tried so many times. It's really hard as a below average looking, unemployed guy who has been a social outcast for most of his life. ("Social") media and the internet in general isn't making it any easier either.
There's studies saying that isolation is about as unhealthy as smoking.

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended
I tried so many times. It's really hard as a below average looking, unemployed guy who has been a social outcast for most of his life. ("Social") media and the internet in general isn't making it any easier either.

There's studies saying that isolation is about as unhealthy as smoking.
Bro u look well above average in ur avi. I think ur too harsh on urself

Bro u look well above average in ur avi. I think ur too harsh on urself
Whatever. I still need social contacts. It was so much easier at 15-16 yo

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74
Might be why Im feeling shit when sitting in my room for days :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended, RAITEIII and Bewusst
Whatever. I still need social contacts. It was so much easier at 15-16 yo
U have a really good eye area

u should NTmaxx and get some friends

leave this forum ur good to go man

• +1
U have a really good eye area

u should NTmaxx and get some friends

leave this forum ur good to go man
Nice to hear because I did a lot for it (still not done yet). How do I get friends though? It's not that I haven't tried. Even when meeting new people (rarely happened) who seem interested in hanging out initially, they already have their social circles and don't feel the need to meet me again 99.9% of the time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962
Nice to hear because I did a lot for it (still not done yet). How do I get friends though? It's not that I haven't tried. Even when meeting new people (rarely happened) who seem interested in hanging out initially, they already have their social circles and don't feel the need to meet me again 99.9% of the time.
Yeah man u look good. Mirin.

what r ur hobbies?

do u have adhd/any other disorder?

• +1
Start doing a sport or join a club where you live. You can easily join a mma or boxing gym as an adult and meet new people

Yeah man u look good. Mirin.

what r ur hobbies?

do u have adhd/any other disorder?
I used to love working out at the gym but I quit 1 1/2 years ago due to depression/social anxiety because of my looks/face (which were really bad back then, can pm pics if you don't believe me). Other than that, the only thing that comes to my mind is making music/producing (on a noob level). That's about it for my hobbies. I really enjoyed hanging out with friends/people but that's kinda out of option with no social circle.

No known disorders except tics/OCD tendencies which I can control pretty well when around others so it shouldn't be noticeable. Being a loner destroys your self-esteem as well which isn't always helpful in making/keeping friends.

Strange I've always thought this too.

There are many articles online talking about how loneliness effects you, it can cause muscle tension which could be the cause of your back pain

Here's an interesting article you might wanna read

I used to love working out at the gym but I quit 1 1/2 years ago due to depression/social anxiety because of my looks/face (which were really bad back then, can pm pics if you don't believe me). Other than that, the only thing that comes to my mind is making music/producing (on a noob level). That's about it for my hobbies. I really enjoyed hanging out with friends/people but that's kinda out of option with no social circle.

No known disorders except tics/OCD tendencies which I can control pretty well when around others so it shouldn't be noticeable. Being a loner destroys your self-esteem as well which isn't always helpful in making/keeping friends.
You need to find hobbies then. Try stuff. Thats how you meet people.

you need to find people you share common interests with in order to make friends. Its not easy, and it might take a while, but its better than rotting.

go out and do shit like sports. Start lifting again, socialize with the people in your gym. I meet loads of cool people lifting.

Here's an interesting article you might wanna read

I know of that already. It decreases life expectancy significantly.
You need to find hobbies then. Try stuff. Thats how you meet people.

you need to find people you share common interests with in order to make friends. Its not easy, and it might take a while, but its better than rotting.

go out and do shit like sports. Start lifting again, socialize with the people in your gym. I meet loads of cool people lifting.
I tried. It never became more than being cool with each other at the gym, giving a spot here and there or talking about training. Never made a single friend to meet outside the gym or even a reliable gym buddy even once. And I used to talk to almost everyone at the gym at some point.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: jjm4765
I know of that already. It decreases life expectancy significantly.
It's crazy how much loneliness can effect you physically.

If I was you if your lonely you should definitely get a pet like a dog or something which will give you lots of attention if you don't have one already

Also maybe try spend more time around your family or close friends

• +1
There's definitely a connection between your mental/spiritual state and your physical body.
19Th century shit
Come to debate
There's definitely a connection between your mental/spiritual state and your physical body.

Come to debate
@Bewusst stop calling yourself "below average", you're clearly not and kinda looks like a larp lol

It's crazy how much loneliness can effect you physically.

If I was you if your lonely you should definitely get a pet like a dog or something which will give you lots of attention if you don't have one already

Also maybe try spend more time around your family or close friends
To get a pet, I need a flat/apartment first which I'm working on. It's also hard to have a pet like a dog if you work. I was also thinking about spending more time with my family. It's really difficult/annoying sometimes to be around my parents but they're the only ones who actually care about me aside from my half sister and her mother. The other family members are nice to me but they don't give me the impression that they actually cared about me. No efforts of their own to meet me or anything. Everyone has their own lives and no space left for me. And I don't want to impose because I know that noone would actually tell me I bothered them even if they were annoyed. It's like I give no value to other people. The only ones who care are the ones who are/were responsible for me in the first place (my parents). All other efforts were born out of pity, not actual interest.

• +1
To get a pet, I need a flat/apartment first which I'm working on. It's also hard to have a pet like a dog if you work.
what kind of hours do you work, maybe think about getting 2 dogs so they can keep each other company when your not around. You can usually leave dogs alone for around 4-6 hours

I was also thinking about spending more time with my family. It's really difficult/annoying sometimes to be around my parents but they're the only ones who actually care about me aside from my half sister and her mother.
If I was you I would just force yourself to spend time with your parents even if you find it difficult or annoying, maybe arrange a day where you can go out together to a restaurant or maybe even go in holidays with your parents (if you have the money)

You can also do the same thing with your half sister and her mother, Thai should give you more people to just be around.

Also you should tell them how you feel if you haven't already, for all you know they could be thinking your fine and happy and just like being independent, I garauntee you If you tell them about the way your feeling they will be much more understanding and make time for you.

The other family members are nice to me but they don't give me the impression that they actually cared about me. No efforts of their own to meet me or anything. Everyone has their own lives and no space left for me. And I don't want to impose because I know that noone would actually tell me I bothered them even if they were annoyed. It's like I give no value to other people. The only ones who care are the ones who are/were responsible for me in the first place (my parents). All other efforts were born out of pity, not actual interest.

I'm guessing your not as close to the rest of your family How often do you see them?

For all you know you may think that there not putting in any effort but they may just think that your happy with your life right now and not being with them as much so they don't bother.

Similar to what I've said above if I was you I would open up to them, tell them about how you feel and how you would like to spend more time with them because you feel lonely
I'm sure if they knew your situation they would put in the effort to see you more often and spend time with you.

Also here are a few ideas of what you could do with your whole family.

.you could all go out to a restaurant

.you could all go somewhere like for example a popular city where you live for a day and hang out

. You could go to the cinema with your family

These are just a couple of ideas but there are many other things you could all do together

In short I think the first thing you should do is open up to your family about your loneliness if you haven't already and tell them about how you would like to spend more time with them.
Hopefully everything else should fall into place after this step

Also are you In any sort of relationship?
If not maybe you should try dating and finding someone who you can spend time with.

Based off of your looks alone your definitely good looking so you'll be able to get find someone in no time ( if you haven't already)

• +1
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy and Bewusst
  • +1
what kind of hours do you work, maybe think about getting 2 dogs so they can keep each other company when your not around. You can usually leave dogs alone for around 4-6 hours

If I was you I would just force yourself to spend time with your parents even if you find it difficult or annoying, maybe arrange a day where you can go out together to a restaurant or maybe even go in holidays with your parents (if you have the money)

You can also do the same thing with your half sister and her mother, Thai should give you more people to just be around.

Also you should tell them how you feel if you haven't already, for all you know they could be thinking your fine and happy and just like being independent, I garauntee you If you tell them about the way your feeling they will be much more understanding and make time for you.

I'm guessing your not as close to the rest of your family How often do you see them?

For all you know you may think that there not putting in any effort but they may just think that your happy with your life right now and not being with them as much so they don't bother.

Similar to what I've said above if I was you I would open up to them, tell them about how you feel and how you would like to spend more time with them because you feel lonely
I'm sure if they knew your situation they would put in the effort to see you more often and spend time with you.

Also here are a few ideas of what you could do with your whole family.

.you could all go out to a restaurant

.you could all go somewhere like for example a popular city where you live for a day and hang out

. You could go to the cinema with your family

These are just a couple of ideas but there are many other things you could all do together

In short I think the first thing you should do is open up to your family about your loneliness if you haven't already and tell them about how you would like to spend more time with them.
Hopefully everything else should fall into place after this step

Also are you In any sort of relationship?
If not maybe you should try dating and finding someone who you can spend time with.

Based off of your looks alone your definitely good looking so you'll be able to get find someone in no time ( if you haven't already)
Appreciate your effort! Rare to see here.

I don't work currently but I will have to once I find an affordable accommodation. Dogs require time, regular walking etc. which I won't have. So that's not an option unless I'll find a job which allows me to bring my dog(s) or anything.

My family doesn't live nearby me so meeting up regularly would be difficult and expensive as well. My half sister doesn't even live in the same country and only comes to visit our parents for Christmas once a year. Everyone except my parents (who are retired now) is extremely busy with work, children, relationships etc. My family members live in different cities/places and with some, there doesn't even exist any contact anymore. You see how complicated things are in my family. There's also lots of trauma and complications between family members which further complicates things.
Telling them about my loneliness - which most of them know of already anyway - would only increase their pity and make them feel bad which isn't really my goal. I mean, if someone told me he was lonely and wanted to have some company - even if I didn't really like that person much - I'd probably make time and try to help that person too. Being the reflective person I am, I don't want to go that way.

Relationships/dating/women are out of question for me. I only had one girlfriend when I was 16-17 due to luck but all women so far have been repulsed by me/my looks so I won't bother trying anymore. I have too many problems with myself too. It just wouldn't work out but I'm fine with it.

Again, thanks a lot for your effort to help out, I really appreciate it.

• +1
There are literal studies that show that loneliness shortens your lifespan, so I wouldn't be surprised

Time to Joi faggotry

didnt you know? if you are sub 8, you are wired to die fast and painfully

Appreciate your effort! Rare to see here.

I don't work currently but I will have to once I find an affordable accommodation. Dogs require time, regular walking etc. which I won't have. So that's not an option unless I'll find a job which allows me to bring my dog(s) or anything.
fair point, theres not really any point in getting a dog if you cant spend any time with it and build a bonsd with it, if taking it for a walk is your main problem though you can always hire dog walkers. for now though maybe just focus on getting a flat and a job and settling down

My family doesn't live nearby me so meeting up regularly would be difficult and expensive as well. My half sister doesn't even live in the same country and only comes to visit our parents for Christmas once a year. Everyone except my parents (who are retired now) is extremely busy with work, children, relationships etc. My family members live in different cities/places and with some, there doesn't even exist any contact anymore. You see how complicated things are in my family. There's also lots of trauma and complications between family members which further complicates things.
Telling them about my loneliness - which most of them know of already anyway - would only increase their pity and make them feel bad which isn't really my goal. I mean, if someone told me he was lonely and wanted to have some company - even if I didn't really like that person much - I'd probably make time and try to help that person too. Being the reflective person I am, I don't want to go that way.

that kinda makes things pretty awkward, dont really know what to recommend to you, maybe talk to your family and arrange a time when there not working where you can go over to there houses and stay over for like a month if thats ok with them, the travel maybe expensive but the accommodation shouldn't be expensive if you stay with your family

also make sure when you see your family at Christmas or whenever else you see them make the most of your time with them and try do alot of stuff with them like going out and some of the things i listed in my last reply.

family trauma sucks, i dont really know what to recommend though as i dont really know much about you or your familys problems, hopefully whatever it is though you'll be able to sort it out, maybe talk to your family about whatever the trauma is or go to counselling with your family

im sure if you tell them about your loneliness they wont pity you anymore, theyll just be more caring. its easy to see it as pity but most likely they just dont know the extent of how lonely you are, im sure your family cares about you but just doenst fully undertsand how you feel. opening up to them could make them see how you really feel.

i undertsand though if you dont wanna go that way maybe try force yourself into there lives a bit more, not sure how you could do this though as you live far away from them

Relationships/dating/women are out of question for me. I only had one girlfriend when I was 16-17 due to luck but all women so far have been repulsed by me/my looks so I won't bother trying anymore. I have too many problems with myself too. It just wouldn't work out but I'm fine with it.

thats kinda surprising to hear, based of off some pics ive seen of you you look good, has anyone actaully said stuff to you like your ugly or repulsive or do you just think people think this stuff about you?

i get what you mean though if your not really in the right place or mindset and have too many problems it would probably be better for you to just focus on yourself instead of bringing someone new into your life which can add more complications

Again, thanks a lot for your effort to help out, I really appreciate it.
no problem, hopefully everything works out ok in the end

• +1