I broke off all my tooth fillings by chewing gum every day lol

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Have to visit the dentist now because my teeth are sensitive as fuck. Half a tooth is also missing and I can look right at the gums. Can't even drink (cold) beer without unbearable tooth pain afterwards anymore.

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3583, EthnicelAscension and RAITEIII
how many days and hours did u chew bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Damn that sounds painful, if I was you I would stop chewing gum and buy something like chisel which is just a piece of rubber. Hopefully that won't effect your fillings

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Rift, jjm4765 and Deleted member 2846
  • +1
Reactions: EthnicelAscension
Did your jaw get wider tho?

Maybe just chew a bit less to avoid any damage.
I may have to be more careful temporarily until I got it fixed. It's just that I hate going to dentists, I haven't been to one in 5 1/2 years lol.
Did your jaw get wider tho?
Hard to tell because I've had a (patchy) beard for years. But I guess, not much. My palate has expanded though and my tear troughs have moved up slightly as well.

• +1
Reactions: jjm4765
I may have to be more careful temporarily until I got it fixed. It's just that I hate going to dentists, I haven't been to one in 5 1/2 years lol.
Damn, idk much about dentists but I'm pretty sure your supposed to go like once or twice a year.

The dentist's is pretty shit though so I understand.

I think your right just be a bit more careful when you chew, also when you get them fixed be more careful afterwards so you won't have to go back.

A couple of other things

Chew sugar free gum or your teeth may start to rot

Also maybe buy something like chisel for strengthen and widening your jaw and chew gum separately to help relieve stress, you should save money on chewing gum aswell

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Damn, idk much about dentists but I'm pretty sure your supposed to go like once or twice a year.

The dentist's is pretty shit though so I understand.

I think your right just be a bit more careful when you chew, also when you get them fixed be more careful afterwards so you won't have to go back.

A couple of other things

Chew sugar free gum or your teeth may start to rot

Also maybe by something like chisel for strengthen and widening your jaw and chew gum separately to help relieve stress, you should save money on chewing gum aswell
Yeah, you're right. It's better to go 1-2x per year. Now my circumstances are forcing me to (which is good, I guess).

I avoid sugar-free gum because of the sweeteners/sugar alcohols in it which wreck havoc on the digestive system when chewing like 10 pieces every day. I do brush my teeth though.

Have you used chisell personally? I could indeed use more width to my lower third (my bigonial is low compared to my midface). Isn't it similar to jawzrsize or whatever it's called?

• +1
Reactions: jjm4765
Who gonna pay the bill tho

• So Sad
Yeah, you're right. It's better to go 1-2x per year. Now my circumstances are forcing me to (which is good, I guess).

I avoid sugar-free gum because of the sweeteners/sugar alcohols in it which wreck havoc on the digestive system when chewing like 10 pieces every day. I do brush my teeth though.

Have you used chisell personally? I could indeed use more width to my lower third (my bigonial is low compared to my midface). Isn't it similar to jawzrsize or whatever it's called?
all of the jaw exercise such as jawzrsize and chisell things are pretty much the same, there just toughened rubber which are meant for chewing, personally i havent used chisell but ive seen quite a few reviews of chisell and jawzrsize and from what ive seen chisell is the best, if you use jawzrsize it can cause your jaw muscles to become bigger at different rates but chisell uses two pieces of rubber which go on each side of your mouth instead of one big piece of rubber in the front of your mouth so you pretty much are applying the same pressure on both
sides of your jaw.

also get chisell 2.0, from what ive read chisell 1.0 falls apart after a few months of chewing
all of the jaw exercise such as jawzrsize and chisell things are pretty much the same, there just toughened rubber which are meant for chewing, personally i havent used chisell but ive seen quite a few reviews of chisell and jawzrsize and from what ive seen chisell is the best, if you use jawzrsize it can cause your jaw muscles to become bigger at different rates but chisell uses two pieces of rubber which go on each side of your mouth instead of one big piece of rubber in the front of your mouth so you pretty much are applying the same pressure on both
sides of your jaw.

also get chisell 2.0, from what ive read chisell 1.0 falls apart after a few months of chewing
they also come in different levels of hardness based on how strong your jaw is at the moment

heres the website if your interested in buying it, you may find it cheaper on somewhere like amazon though

• +1
Who gonna pay the bill tho
Fuck this world tbh
sides of your jaw.

they also come in different levels of hardness based on how strong your jaw is at the moment

heres the website if your interested in buying it, you may find it cheaper on somewhere like amazon though
I think I'm gonna buy it. Looks much better than jawzrsize to me and more handy. Worth a try tbh. Would you think that I should start out with the regular one instead of light because my jaw muscles are already kinda strong from daily chewing? I even used to chew snickers bars right outta the fridge/freezer regularly. Raw carrots as well.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: jjm4765 and Deleted member 3902
Fuck this world tbh

I think I'm gonna buy it. Looks much better than jawzrsize to me and more handy. Worth a try tbh. Would you think that I should start out with the regular one instead of light because my jaw muscles are already kinda strong from daily chewing? I even used to chew snickers bars right outta the fridge/freezer regularly. Raw carrots as well.
imo you should start off with the regular bite ones based off of what youve said, they should provide enough resistance for you to have big improvements, also another thing is as it takes more force to chew than chewing gum you should see results much faster than from chewing gum

you should probably be able to get the results you want just from using the regular ones ( if your masseter insertions are good) but if you want your jaw to be even wider after 3-4 months of chewing the regular ones you can buy the tough bite ones which should again improve your jaw even more

• +1
Try Xylitol

try osrs

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincel
I chew gun everyday for hours for more than 1 year and everything is good so far tbh

Try Xylitol
Won't fill up my cavities and replace lost tooth substance though
I chew gun everyday for hours for more than 1 year and everything is good so far tbh
Guess, you haven't been as negligent when it comes to dentist visits and prevention as I have then

Last edited: