I finally realised why I couldn’t lose weight

AspiringMogger

AspiringMogger

Game is very real
For about a year now I’ve known @Amnesia doesn't touch gluten. I always wondered why in the back of my mind, then one week ago I decided to stop drinking beer and gymcel seriously (I haven’t relapsed yet).

I then tried as an experiment to not eat any gluten (which I haven’t for the past week). I googled which food had gluten in them and I realised the majority of my diet contained of gluten spoiler [there is gluten in everything]

Since I stopped eating gluten I’ve ran 2x 5Km and lifted 7 days in a row, and I’ve realised something. My face is leaner, my body is stronger, my gut health is better, My digestive system is breaking down the food I’m eating better.

The results I’ve seen have been tremendous and my energy levels have improved so much. My mind is consistently energised throughout the day and I don’t feel the spikes in energy the way I used to when I ate food with gluten inside of it.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: DarkTriadBeliever, Amnesia and Debetro
@Akhi this is how we are gonna get ripped for summer 2025. I’ve cracked the code. When I was my leanest (spring 2023) I only ate chicken strips, salad and paragons, it was first when I started eating pasta my weight started falling off. Patatoes = law

• +1
Reactions: Akhi
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: watah, Konstantin, Surfsup and 1 other person
Gluten 😮

• +1
Reactions: AspiringMogger
You were eating goyslop weren't you.
I won’t deny I was. But even when I tried to eat healthy, being in a calories deficit and what not the food I was eating had a lot of gluten (bread, pasta) primarily.

For a lack of better words, when I go to the toilet now the shit just practically falls out my ass tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Debetro
Yes, the majority of humans have some type of intolerance to Gluten. It destroys your guts ability to absorb nutrients into your body. It is the MOST destructive food you can eat and will eventually lead to nutrient deficiency diseases. Plus it will make you eat more bc ur not absorbing all the nutrients in the food you eat triggering your body to make you eat more in a desperate attempt to get the nutrients you need.

It must be a 100 percent no gluten lifestyle for people to see a change, some people hear that gluten is bad and they reduce not eliminate gluten and don't see a difference and therefore write it off as anything serious. I applaud you OP for trying the Gluten Free challenge. I always say for people to do 2 weeks minimum but ideally 3 months of drop dead gluten free to see how you feel.

My skin went from dry flaky rough acne and eczema to smooth and glowing after I dropped gluten out of my life

Wheat
Barely
Rye
Oats - even if it says they are gluten free dont eat oats either

Buckwheat also has some bad effects so I would give it up too even though it technically isn't part of the gluten family

If you want a detailed breakdown of why it's bad watch this

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: DarkTriadBeliever, watah, cvzvvc and 6 others
Gluten is a fucking retarded assumption. its carbohydrates you monkey, especially rice/bread and others that make you grow skinny fat

• +1
Reactions: KaisenMaxxer
Yes, the majority of humans have some type of intolerance to Gluten. It destroys your guts ability to absorb nutrients into your body. It is the MOST destructive food you can eat and will eventually lead to nutrient deficiency diseases. Plus it will make you eat more bc ur not absorbing all the nutrients in the food you eat triggering your body to make you eat more in a desperate attempt to get the nutrients you need.

It must be a 100 percent no gluten lifestyle for people to see a change, some people hear that gluten is bad and they reduce not eliminate gluten and don't see a difference and therefore write it off as anything serious. I applaud you OP for trying the Gluten Free challenge. I always say for people to do 2 weeks minimum but ideally 3 months of drop dead gluten free to see how you feel.

My skin went from dry flaky rough acne and eczema to smooth and glowing after I dropped gluten out of my life

Wheat
Barely
Rye
Oats - even if it says they are gluten free dont eat oats either

Buckwheat also has some bad effects so I would give it up too even though it technically isn't part of the gluten family

If you want a detailed breakdown of why it's bad watch this

I’d love to see a stack of the things you eat. For the past week I’ve been eating

- 6 scrambled eggs + one can of tuna for breakfast
- A protein shake
- Apples throughout the day
- Minced beef and potatoes for dinner

I wanna see what other alternatives there are.

I’d love to see a stack of the things you eat. For the past week I’ve been eating

- 6 scrambled eggs + one can of tuna for breakfast
- A protein shake
- Apples throughout the day
- Minced beef and potatoes for dinner

I wanna see what other alternatives there are.

try to not overcook the yolk of the egg because that's where all the nutrients are. so dont scamble them too long. But eggs are absolutely a staple in my diet. One of the healthiest foods you can eat tbh. Beef liver being the other.

Other than that I eat meat, if its beef always cooked rare. And I eat fruits. Basically that's it, meat eggs fruit. If I do a cheat meal ice cream tbh really isn't that bad for you. It's basically just eggs and heavy cream. Gluten free pizza sometimes

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and AspiringMogger
just hop on gear...

be 10 percent bf all year around while drinking beer and eating bugers

• +1
Of course if you decrease your consumption of simple carbohydrates you'll feel better. More consistent energy.

Then with losing weight, if you're replacing those simple carbs with complex carbs and fibers, or meat and fat you'll of course eat less because you're gonna be satiated way quicker.

Consider whether it's actually gluten or just because 99% of gluten products are simple carbs.

• Hmm...
just hop on gear...

be 10 percent bf all year around while drinking beer and eating bugers
Hopping on gear too early isn’t ideal. I plan on roiding at 33+ when my test level start dropping. Until then it’s natty.

• Hmm...
Reactions: chadmanlet04
Of course if you decrease your consumption of simple carbohydrates you'll feel better. More consistent energy.

Then with losing weight, if you're replacing those simple carbs with complex carbs and fibers, or meat and fat you'll of course eat less because you're gonna be satiated way quicker.

Consider whether it's actually gluten or just because 99% of gluten products are simple carbs.
It’s definitely gluten. It’s a parasite.

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia
Hopping on gear too early isn’t ideal. I plan on roiding at 33+ when my test level start dropping. Until then it’s natty.
you could explore endogenous methods like enclomiphene to maintain fertility and keep your HPTA-Axis intact

@Akhi this is how we are gonna get ripped for summer 2025. I’ve cracked the code. When I was my leanest (spring 2023) I only ate chicken strips, salad and paragons, it was first when I started eating pasta my weight started falling off. Patatoes = law
will try broski

• Love it