I get a lot of energy out of my mental-ward sessions.

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Ugly Subhuman Creature
Feels good being able to be yourself, talk about your issues with other people who are openly talking about their own issues.
Normal social interaction costs me so much energy as I am always faking this 'happy confident extroverted fuckboy chad' personality.

Recently I've been very open about how inferior and ugly I feel, and how I always feel like other people don't like me. How this causes me to socially isolate.

One other girl in my mental-ward group, HTB 24yo, started crying when I was talking about this. Saying she felt extremely sad that I felt like this and this is how I experience the world.

During our lunch-break between therapy sessions, we tend to vibe/chill together a lot.
She also does drugs, goes to raves, so we have a bit similar lifestyles, also a bit similar mental issues. Although she has a lot of friends, family, etc. and isn't as socially isolated as me.

We ended up hugging for a while and she told me that she really likes me as a person and is happy I am in her therapy group since I am one of the few people she likes, can laugh with me, and I shouldn't see myself as ugly or unwanted.

Feels good :feelsgood:

I always feel that I look subhuman next to her ngl.
In 6 weeks times, I haven't seen her wear the same outfit even once, she always has some fashion-maxxed outfit that looks really good. Always something new.
+Her face is always make-up maxxed, hair is always perfectly styled, etc.

Meanwhile when I feel bad my hair looks like utter shit, un-styled greasy cuz I can't bother to care. My fashion/outfits are whack and show 0 effort, etc.

Only thing I have been mogging in is parfumes since I recently spent 300 euros on new parfumes and I've been using them a lot, every time a new parfume.

She's been showing interest in me, telling me she was looking me up on instagram/facebook but couldn't find me (I don't have social-media). Also been asking me for my phone number to talk outside of therapy (this isn't officially allowed), but haven't reciprocated on this.

Idk, I am somewhat happy with this therapy style, even though progress is really slow.
~10 hours of therapy per week, is far better than having a 1 hour session every week, it just doesn't hit you when the frequency is that low.

I feel like if 1 hour/therapy per week can fix your issues, your issues probably weren't that big to begin with. Anyone with serious issues needs far more help than that.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: XtrovertNTnormalfag, vermillioncorefan, moreroidsmoredates and 1 other person
are u being frl
my parents want me to go to therapy but I'm scared to go(high-inhib)

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
are u being frl
my parents want me to go to therapy but I'm scared to go(high-inhib)
yeah bro I am being brutally honest here

• +1
Reactions: alurmo
Therapy sucks man
It's just some woman who thinks she understands my problems
But she'll never begin to not in a thousand years

• Hmm...
good to ear that you get better, keep going bro.

• +1
Therapy sucks man
It's just some woman who thinks she understands my problems
But she'll never begin to not in a thousand years
I have a completely different experience.

I am doing group-therapy with 5 other people, 10 hours/week. I find that when you talk about your issues in a group, you can find a lot of recognition from other people who have similar experiences as you. And when other people talk about their issues, you can find a lot of recognition yourself in their stories.
My therapy sessions generally have 6 of us as 'patients', combined with 2 experienced professionals leading the session.

I agree with you that these therapists can't really understand your problems because they never had them themselves, but they show compassion and understanding towards you, which is honestly the best someone can do. Feeling with your problems mostly comes from the other patients who are struggling.

When I talk about how I feel like people hate me, how I am not good enough, not attractive enough, not successful enough, my therapists don't really vibe with that since they don't feel like that. But my fellow patients tell me how they often feel similar.

It feels good to know that I am not the only person who feels subhuman. I already know that people on this forum feel like that, but it's different when another person, in person, looking you into the eye, and telling you that they feel the same.

You look at them and they seem like a normal person. They aren't fat, deformed, ugly, handicapped, autistic, have no social-skills, are extremely quiet, etc.
The people in my therapy sessions are people you would never suspect have these severe mental issues. They seem like normies, yet they have these extreme mental issues which handicaps their life just like it does for me.

That gives me a lot of connection with people as I know that I am not alone in my struggle, I don't feel like this outcasted subhuman disgusting piece of shit since other people, who are seemingly normal human-beings, also struggle immensely on the inside.

What's been very much relatable, is that pretty much all of us had a rough childhood. Parents who didn't really care about what we needed, teachers/mentors who didn't understand us, struggling with social connection/bullying in our childhood.

We weren't seen, we weren't understood, and as a result we were left on our own to deal with the immense stress and issues we faced in our childhood. As a result we developed extreme coping mechanisms like disassociation, social isolation, and so on, which now as adults, we increasingly find is making it difficult for us to achieve what we want, get the life that we want.

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940, tombradylover and serialcoper
good to ear that you get better, keep going bro.
It's pretty much the only safe-place in my life, other than this forum, where I can openly talk about how I feel.

I am very happy with the fact I made the decision to dedicate myself to this 2 years of therapy.

• Woah
Reactions: Jungcuck
why do you call it the ward?? it's just therapy, every normie does it nowadays

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover and MoggerGaston
why do you call it the ward?? it's just therapy, every normie does it nowadays
Yeah you are right, it's not really a mental ward.

I only go here 2 days per week, 5 hours each day. 10 hours a week total. Rest of my life I am free to do whatever I want.
I even openly talk about all the drugs I am using and my therapists etc. don't even judge me harshly or tell me to stop using drugs. I can basically do whatever the fuck I want.

normies only have normal therapy though, 1 hour/week. Normies barely have any mental issues.

In fact I can't really take normie mental issues seriously. The issues that normies would find help/therapy for, I would never do it. I would just try to fix it on my own and never seek help.

When you are doing 10hours/week sessions for 2years(!!!) you are clearly in severe mental-issue therapy, not something normies could/would ever relate to.

Normie issues are a joke compared to what I experience.

Chad tales.
If it was a subhuman telling your story she wouldn't even be listening

• Hmm...
I have a completely different experience.

I am doing group-therapy with 5 other people, 10 hours/week. I find that when you talk about your issues in a group, you can find a lot of recognition from other people who have similar experiences as you. And when other people talk about their issues, you can find a lot of recognition yourself in their stories.
My therapy sessions generally have 6 of us as 'patients', combined with 2 experienced professionals leading the session.

I agree with you that these therapists can't really understand your problems because they never had them themselves, but they show compassion and understanding towards you, which is honestly the best someone can do. Feeling with your problems mostly comes from the other patients who are struggling.

When I talk about how I feel like people hate me, how I am not good enough, not attractive enough, not successful enough, my therapists don't really vibe with that since they don't feel like that. But my fellow patients tell me how they often feel similar.

It feels good to know that I am not the only person who feels subhuman. I already know that people on this forum feel like that, but it's different when another person, in person, looking you into the eye, and telling you that they feel the same.

You look at them and they seem like a normal person. They aren't fat, deformed, ugly, handicapped, autistic, have no social-skills, are extremely quiet, etc.
The people in my therapy sessions are people you would never suspect have these severe mental issues. They seem like normies, yet they have these extreme mental issues which handicaps their life just like it does for me.

That gives me a lot of connection with people as I know that I am not alone in my struggle, I don't feel like this outcasted subhuman disgusting piece of shit since other people, who are seemingly normal human-beings, also struggle immensely on the inside.

What's been very much relatable, is that pretty much all of us had a rough childhood. Parents who didn't really care about what we needed, teachers/mentors who didn't understand us, struggling with social connection/bullying in our childhood.

We weren't seen, we weren't understood, and as a result we were left on our own to deal with the immense stress and issues we faced in our childhood. As a result we developed extreme coping mechanisms like disassociation, social isolation, and so on, which now as adults, we increasingly find is making it difficult for us to achieve what we want, get the life that we want.
My main issue is as a man, you're expected to never show emotion. All your life you keep it bottled up inside. And when you try and open up for the first time in your life it sucks because you expect them to understand but they don't. Like you said we weren't seen thats exactly the problem. I feel like I expect too much from these people.

I hope they'd understand and it'll all get better but it doesn't. I wish they would just give me medicine instead of making me talk. A bad childhood affects you for your entire life I don't understand how talking to someone about your past is going to help. Venting to them seems to help you but to me its just extremely exhausting and I'm left feeling shitty.

• +1
Chad tales.
If it was a subhuman telling your story she wouldn't even be listening
It's cope, since there is also a LTB and MTB in the same therapy group who could vibe with me/you and have a similar nice vibe where you hug each other, etc.
When you are uglier, you vibe better with people on your own looks-level since you have a similar lifestyle/vibe/idea of life.

And I don't mean that in a bad way, like being uglier is worse life-quality or something. In the end we all have our own lives and struggles. The idea on this forum is that if you are good-looking, your problems disappear. But as I have explained before, when you become better-looking, your standards increase also. Dating a MTB feels like defeat for me, yet it could feel like a massive win to a MTN.

Don't compare your life to that of others in this way because you can always find a reason why your life isn't good enough when you look at life like this.

This HTB has more issues/vibe/lifestyle that corresponds more with how I feel in life as HTN myself. Like I've noticed that both her and me tend to be very focussed on wanting to be 'popular' and socially appreciated in a general sense. Like both of us wanting to be popular and liked by many people basically, liked in general, care about our social-image a lot, and we struggle with this.

The MTNs/MTBs and below. seem to care less about this and are more so looking for just a couple of close friends/lover and being liked/appreciated by them. They aren't interested in being popular/liked by many people. They don't want to be some sort of leader, role-model, popular figure, etc. and that's completely fine.

Which is why I vibe more with that HTB who is also struggling to get more general social admiration/likeability as opposed to a LTN/MTN who is merely focussed on how he vibes with his/her close friends/lover.

My main issue is as a man, you're expected to never show emotion. All your life you keep it bottled up inside. And when you try and open up for the first time in your life it sucks because you expect them to understand but they don't. Like you said we weren't seen thats exactly the problem. I feel like I expect too much from these people.
I agree with you that opening up is generally a bad idea as a man. So far in my relationships, whenever I opened up about my insecurities/struggles, I've been met with rejection and coldness, people didn't understand me and didn't know what to do with this negative mental state of mine.

I can at least tell you that in these group therapy sessions, I am finding understand and connection with my fellow group-members. The fact I can share in this group that I feel like a subhuman worthless piece of shit and I feel like everyone hates me, has resulted in my fellow group-members feeling sad and seeking connection with me, talking about similar experiences they have had in the past, makes me feel really good.

Not something I have been able to experience with friends/dates/girlfriends, ever.

Life as male is so fucking hard, because like you say, you are supposed to never be negative, never talk about your struggles. So I am happy that at least in this therapy I CAN, for once.
I hope they'd understand and it'll all get better but it doesn't. I wish they would just give me medicine instead of making me talk. A bad childhood affects you for your entire life I don't understand how talking to someone about your past is going to help. Venting to them seems to help you but to me its just extremely exhausting and I'm left feeling shitty.
the problem of my bad childhood is that I feel disconnected with normal people. I feel like they have better lives, I feel like I am in a different mental zone, I feel disconnected, I feel different, I feel outcast, etc.

Venting with other people struggling in a safe area under the supervision of therapists, has so far allowed me to feel more connection with people as I know I am not the only one struggling. I am not the only person struggling and feeling this way, I don't feel as alone like I do normally.

• +1
Reactions: serialcoper and incel194012940
I am thinking of befriending this HTB in private and going to raves with her etc. even though it's not allowed to see fellow mental-ward patients privately.

always nice to read good stories like this. Glad ur working on ur mental health. We all could and should but its too stigmatized against men. Its pretty sad tbh. Feel like a lot of men could benefit from it if they gave it a chance. Good for u

• +1
always nice to read good stories like this. Glad ur working on ur mental health. We all could and should but its too stigmatized against men. Its pretty sad tbh. Feel like a lot of men could benefit from it if they gave it a chance. Good for u
I've been very defensive of this therapy myself. Wanting to quit multiple times, not wanting to start, etc. I think this is very normal, especially as a guy, to be defensive towards opening up and finding value in talking about issues, opening up.

Yet as this therapy group has been progressing, I find myself more and more finding value in this and realizing how it is beneficial to me. Sharing my issues in a group with therapists.

At the start I was very doubtful of the benefits of this type of therapy, yet now, 6 weeks later, I am starting to see how it can be beneficial in improving my life quality.

I hope other people from this forum can find inspiration from my own experience with therapy and can find the motivation to seek it out themselves.

• Love it
Reactions: tombradylover
I've been very defensive of this therapy myself. Wanting to quit multiple times, not wanting to start, etc. I think this is very normal, especially as a guy, to be defensive towards opening up and finding value in talking about issues, opening up.

Yet as this therapy group has been progressing, I find myself more and more finding value in this and realizing how it is beneficial to me. Sharing my issues in a group with therapists.

At the start I was very doubtful of the benefits of this type of therapy, yet now, 6 weeks later, I am starting to see how it can be beneficial in improving my life quality.

I hope other people from this forum can find inspiration from my own experience with therapy and can find the motivation to seek it out themselves.
Mirin really hard. Guys think its a sign of weakness to improve their mental health, when in reality the bigger sign of weakness is caving into societys stereotypes and expectations for men and not improving urself in any way u can when u need it. Rlly glad its working out for u. Its only supposed to benefit u and help u heal. Rlly hope this continues. Keep it up man

• Love it
Feels good being able to be yourself, talk about your issues with other people who are openly talking about their own issues.
Normal social interaction costs me so much energy as I am always faking this 'happy confident extroverted fuckboy chad' personality.

Recently I've been very open about how inferior and ugly I feel, and how I always feel like other people don't like me. How this causes me to socially isolate.

One other girl in my mental-ward group, HTB 24yo, started crying when I was talking about this. Saying she felt extremely sad that I felt like this and this is how I experience the world.

During our lunch-break between therapy sessions, we tend to vibe/chill together a lot.
She also does drugs, goes to raves, so we have a bit similar lifestyles, also a bit similar mental issues. Although she has a lot of friends, family, etc. and isn't as socially isolated as me.

We ended up hugging for a while and she told me that she really likes me as a person and is happy I am in her therapy group since I am one of the few people she likes, can laugh with me, and I shouldn't see myself as ugly or unwanted.

Feels good :feelsgood:

I always feel that I look subhuman next to her ngl.
In 6 weeks times, I haven't seen her wear the same outfit even once, she always has some fashion-maxxed outfit that looks really good. Always something new.
+Her face is always make-up maxxed, hair is always perfectly styled, etc.

Meanwhile when I feel bad my hair looks like utter shit, un-styled greasy cuz I can't bother to care. My fashion/outfits are whack and show 0 effort, etc.

Only thing I have been mogging in is parfumes since I recently spent 300 euros on new parfumes and I've been using them a lot, every time a new parfume.

She's been showing interest in me, telling me she was looking me up on instagram/facebook but couldn't find me (I don't have social-media). Also been asking me for my phone number to talk outside of therapy (this isn't officially allowed), but haven't reciprocated on this.

Idk, I am somewhat happy with this therapy style, even though progress is really slow.
~10 hours of therapy per week, is far better than having a 1 hour session every week, it just doesn't hit you when the frequency is that low.

I feel like if 1 hour/therapy per week can fix your issues, your issues probably weren't that big to begin with. Anyone with serious issues needs far more help than that.
Is she hot

• +1
Mirin really hard. Guys think its a sign of weakness to improve their mental health, when in reality the bigger sign of weakness is caving into societys stereotypes and expectations for men and not improving urself in any way u can when u need it. Rlly glad its working out for u. Its only supposed to benefit u and help u heal. Rlly hope this continues. Keep it up man
It's still really hard for me to think that opening up about my issues/struggles with people is acceptable.

I would never do this with a girl I am dating, none of my friends, nobody. I always pretend to not have any issues with them as, like you say, I feel like it is unacceptable as a guy to have any issues and sharing them.

It's kind of mind-blowing that I can share my issues in this group and finding people relating to what I feel, finding people feeling bad for me, wanting to comfort me, etc.
It's not something I would ever expect out of 'normal' social experiences. And I am still really sceptical of ever sharing anything deep with people outside of this therapy-group.

I hope that at a some point in the future I am more willing to share my struggles with people socially outside of this therapy-group.

And likely a big portion of people won't be willing to accept this or vibe with this, but then I can ditch these people and focus on the people who do care about me as a person who not only has positive but also has negative aspects.

I don't want to socialize with people who only vibe with me when I (fake) a positive personality.

Is she hot
Yes, but she's from Afghanistan (refugee). Not the type of person I would usually go for.

I found myself really attracted to her when I first met her based on looks, then attraction reduced as I didn't act on the initial attraction and nothing came out of it. My interest faded completely.

Yet now that I am getting to know her more closely and spending more time with her, attraction is slowly increasing again.