I got Finasteride, should I take it?

okwiwhd

okwiwhd

Bronze
i got finasteride. I have no hair loss or any signs. My dad has very bad hair loss though. Should I start taking it? Has anyone here experienced side effects taking it? Are there any other benefits to finasteride other than stopping hair loss? Could it theoretically be harmful due to it lowering dht levels which is important for male development up until 25?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: noonespecial, FUE Mogger, NZb6Air and 2 others
dont take it if you have no hairloss wtf

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: diditeverbegin, Kroker, noonespecial and 4 others
I just hear a lot of older men to tell me to hop on fin asap so I don’t lose hair like them, one of the risks is infertility but i couldn’t give a fuck about bringing another blackpilled version of myself to this world.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: aboriginalmaxxing, retardedcel and Kaari
Yeah, you can start taking it for prevention now if you want to

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Kaari and okwiwhd
You can quit if you get side effects/nocebo. Side effects usually go away after quiting.

• +1
Reactions: Kaari
i got finasteride. I have no hair loss or any signs. My dad has very bad hair loss though. Should I start taking it? Has anyone here experienced side effects taking it? Are there any other benefits to finasteride other than stopping hair loss? Could it theoretically be harmful due to it lowering dht levels which is important for male development up until 25?
Tranny maxing

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: aboriginalmaxxing, SavageAstronaut, FUE Mogger and 3 others
It also has other benefits like increase in free testosterone and clearing up skin.

• +1
Reactions: okwiwhd
if not nw 2 do not take it

22 is not too young to take finasteride, but no need to take it if you're not balding. Just because ur dad is bald doesnt mean you will be. Would still be cautious though and hop as soon as u notice thinning/slight recession. Good sign is when u start losing more hairs than normal during shower.

No other benefits from fin apart from decreased prostate size over time which can be useful the more you age. Dutasteride on the other hand is anti-aging as well, because it blocks type I AR in the skin, and DHT inhibits elastin production. So by lowering DHT in the skin you slow down this progress. Fin does not work for this, because type II which fin only inhibits is not found in the skin.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: okwiwhd, ErbCel, SavageAstronaut and 1 other person
22 is not too young to take finasteride, but no need to take it if you're not balding. Just because ur dad is bald doesnt mean you will be. Would still be cautious though and hop as soon as u notice thinning/slight recession. Good sign is when u start losing more hairs than normal during shower.

No other benefits from fin apart from decreased prostate size over time which can be useful the more you age. Dutasteride on the other hand is anti-aging as well, because it blocks type I AR in the skin, and DHT inhibits elastin production. Type II which fin only inhibits is not found in the skin.
I’ve heard people get gyno with Dutasteride, Is this true? I’ve had to get gyno surgery done, more painful than a rhino. Don’t want to go through that again.

I got side effects but you should take it if you don't experience any, it's a preventive drug, you don't tackle hair loss after noticing bald spots nigguh

• +1
Reactions: SavageAstronaut and ryuken
I got side effects but you should take it if you don't experience any, it's a preventive drug, you don't tackle hair loss after noticing bald spots nigguh
just do peppermint oil bruh

• JFL
Reactions: SavageAstronaut
Cope, you can't tell if you have hair loss or will develop hair loss in the future, it's better to just take it and retain your youthful hair for as long as possible, it will be a huge hailo once you are in your 30s and most men your age already Norwood 3 or something

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air and okwiwhd
Well, nigga, you got it for a reason ain’t u? If ure not gonna take u might as well shove it up ur ass

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: retardedcel and okwiwhd
Started at 23. Zero sides. 130k+ hairs in my head. Easy choice. A ton of actors and models are on it before they actually bald which is the best time to take it. It can “regrow” hair, but your best bet is to not let the follicle get raped in the first place. If you get sides you can’t cope with just stop and be bald

• +1
Preventing risks that can be detrimental is 10000% better than the small potential benefits you can get through not taking it

• +1
Cope, you can't tell if you have hair loss or will develop hair loss in the future, it's better to just take it and retain your youthful hair for as long as possible, it will be a huge hailo once you are in your 30s and most men your age already Norwood 3 or something
Bruh really? I guess they hide it quite well, damn I feel old at 22. Started lurking this forum at 19. Time flies.

Bruh really? I guess they hide it quite well, damn I feel old at 22. Started lurking this forum at 19. Time flies.
Honestly, I think most people don't even notice if someone has NW 1-3, unless they are really into this stuff.

Take it. Take it and don't look back. Don't worry about it.

• +1

• +1
Reactions: ryuken, wsada and okwiwhd
  • +1
Reactions: ryuken
Is creatine worth to take
If you don't care to look bloated, and to increase your odds of hairloss why not... But if you value your hair, and are susceptible to MPB, don't even touch that shit

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: ErbCel, piec, ryuken and 1 other person
Take it. Take it and don't look back. Don't worry about it.
This is the most based take in the thread. If you do take it, block treeless on Reddit, don’t look at a single fin post on org, nothing. Take it and don’t think about it, otherwise you’re gonna trick yourself

• +1
Reactions: okwiwhd and Alexanderr
This is the most based take in the thread. If you do take it, block treeless on Reddit, don’t look at a single fin post on org, nothing. Take it and don’t think about it, otherwise you’re gonna trick yourself
True, so many guys giving themselves side effects by worrying over potentially getting side effects

• +1
Reactions: IWTKMH
If you don't care to look bloated, and to increase your odds of hairloss why not... But if you value your hair, and are susceptible to MPB, don't even touch that shit
I heard that it it only stores water in the muscles that receive mechanical tension so your face isn't supposed to look noticeably bloated

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
absolutely 0 evidence it even remotely increases hair loss and its one of the most popular supplements in the world

I heard that it it only stores water in the muscles that receive mechanical tension so your face isn't supposed to look noticeably bloated
I've heard conflicting reports, enough people claim it doesn't bloat their face, but then there's people who say the opposite

• +1
Reactions: wsada and ryuken
absolutely 0 evidence it even remotely increases hair loss and its one of the most popular supplements in the world
Not hairloss in particular, but it's been shown to increase DHT by 56% after a seven-day loading period and remained 40% above baseline values after the 14-day maintenance period in college-aged male rugby players who supplemented with creatine

Not hairloss in particular, but it's been shown to increase DHT by 56% after a seven-day loading period and remained 40% above baseline values after the 14-day maintenance period in college-aged male rugby players who supplemented with creatine
It is important to note that the results of van der Merwe et al. [61] have not been replicated, and that intense resistance exercise itself can cause increases in these androgenic hormones.

• +1
Reactions: DHTrash and Alexanderr
Yes keep puting Jewish chemicals up ur ass :feelskek:

It is important to note that the results of van der Merwe et al. [61] have not been replicated, and that intense resistance exercise itself can cause increases in these androgenic hormones.
Yes, but from what I know that is because no other study has attempted to replicate it, by measuring DHT before and after. All of them only measured total and free testosterone at best.

• +1
Reactions: piec
Yes, but from what I know that is because no other study has attempted to replicate it, by measuring DHT before and after. All of them only measured total and free testosterone at best.
its just 1 study with 16 subjects and itself it says that it was lower before in the creatine group and lower after in the glucose group thus statistically significant difference and it involves heavy physical exercise meaning the T fluctuates even more in these people
Moreover, the increase in DHT and the DHT: testosterone ratio remained well within normal clinical limits.

the study itself is pretty shit and u cant really conclude anything, maybe it realistically could raise it by like 5%, MAYBE 10% but i highly doubt it
even if it did, this change changes absolutely 0, cope supplements like saw palmetto can lower DHT by even 30% yet it changes nothing
with dht its all or nothing, so unless it raises it by like actually, properly measured 60-80% it wont even matter anyway

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
clapped my libido, i wouldnt take it unless you see miniturzed hairs

I’ve heard people get gyno with Dutasteride, Is this true? I’ve had to get gyno surgery done, more painful than a rhino. Don’t want to go through that again.
0,01% chance. But you had the surgery and if the glad is fully removed like with mine (also had gyno surgery), it's 0% of ever coming back.
It typically occurs to men who still had some leftover gland left behind nipple post-puberty, but not that too noticeable to call it "gyno". When u start fin because of the estrogen increase early on, it can makee the gland tissue tender/sensitive/swollen again for a while, but it goes away like I said as estrogen normalizes back to baseline levels.

Last edited:
  • +1
0,01% chance. But you had the surgery and if the glad is fully removed like with mine (also had gyno surgery), it's 0% of ever coming back.
It typically occurs to men who still had some leftover gland left behind nipple post-puberty, but not that too noticeable to call it "gyno". When u start fin because of the estrogen increase early on, it can makee the gland tissue tender/sensitive/swollen again for a while, but it goes away like I said as estrogen normalizes back to baseline levels.
According to the surgeon, 1% of the gland was left in so the nipple doesn’t fold inwards or invert. Kinda wish I went with the surgeon in Austin who does a full removal but I live in Florida, so I went with the best surgeon for gyno in the state.

what if I don’t care about sexy time?
then you need to raise your testosterone because that is not normal, and anyways its a bit different its more like you can't get your dick up or not even close to 100% not just mentally because libido and erection go hand in hand.

also yes its possible, My nipples have been on and off sensitive and swollen through the six months I've been on fin. Has nothing to do with high estrogen just some people are more subsebtible with the side effect.

You will know pretty quick if you have that side effect because your nips will start burning. I don't know if I am getting gyno as I don't know yet if they have grown but the feelings are pretty much always there at some level.

also yes its possible, My nipples have been on and off sensitive and swollen through the six months I've been on fin. Has nothing to do with high estrogen just some people are more subsebtible with the side effect.

You will know pretty quick if you have that side effect because your nips will start burning. I don't know if I am getting gyno as I don't know yet if they have grown but the feelings are pretty much always there at some level.
I’ve been on fin for a few days and nips are flat as ever but I had most of my breast tissue gland removed from gyno surgery. I’d rather have gyno surgery again than a hair transplant. Gyno surgery is extremely low risk and extremely low risk of failure.

I’ve been on fin for a few days and nips are flat as ever but I had most of my breast tissue gland removed from gyno surgery. I’d rather have gyno surgery again than a hair transplant. Gyno surgery is extremely low risk and extremely low risk of failure.
Yea thats the plan if it happens. I want to do it anyway. I have gyno from puberty that never went away so I think that's why mine gets aggravated probably more estrogen receptors on it or something since its bigger than normal.