I got minox 2%, how often should I be applying it?

D

Deleted member 9288

=/=
I got it for my eyebrows and slightly receded temples.

"you need to apply twice a day, every day" on Google.

twice a day

I've heard people say 1x a day is fine but I don't know a whole lot about minoxidil

• +1
Reactions: TheAnomaly
As someone who uses 5% (kirkland), twice a day for the first 5-6 months (when I started noticing thicker hair) then down to once a day or every other day for maintenance. If you notice hair loss again then bump back up to twice a day for a few weeks.

Consider getting a moisturizer as the alcohol in minox will dry out the skin around where you apply it which in turn can lead to wrinkles.

Once a day should be fine due to the 22 hours half-life in the skin.
Monitor your skin while on it though, I'm almost sure it gave me forehead wrinkles & made the pores larger. Possibly the alcohol or the hypothesized effects of minoxidil on collagen

As someone who uses 5% (kirkland), twice a day for the first 5-6 months (when I started noticing thicker hair) then down to once a day or every other day for maintenance. If you notice hair loss again then bump back up to twice a day for a few weeks.

Consider getting a moisturizer as the alcohol in minox will dry out the skin around where you apply it which in turn can lead to wrinkles.
Are the results permanent?

Are the results permanent?
Yes and no, unfortunately hairloss that would have happened before minox use will resume after stopping minox. I stopped for a while at one point and noticed my hair was shedding a lot (which was expected) and my eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard (which had thickened) thinned out a bit however I still retained a decent portion of the facial hair gains.

Read the fucking instructions

Yes and no, unfortunately hairloss that would have happened before minox use will resume after stopping minox. I stopped for a while at one point and noticed my hair was shedding a lot (which was expected) and my eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard (which had thickened) thinned out a bit however I still retained a decent portion of the facial hair gains.
So the amount you've gained versus the amount you've lost doesn't dip below what you had originally? So if I stop minox for a while I lose the amount I gained but not lose more than what I had when I started, right?

I use the 5% variant and apply twice a day. Have been doing so for around 5 weeks now, haven’t noticed any changes yet. Should take up to about 10-12 weeks to first start seeing results.