i got quoted 900 dollars for a ct scan

D

Deleted member 16683

Kraken
that sounds like an insane price for a ct scan although it's canadian dollars which is 682 in usd. idk if they're overcharging me unjustly or something what do y'all think

• JFL
Reactions: mortis
bump

• JFL
Reactions: mortis
I was quoted 1k USD. It's expensive OOP

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mortis and Deleted member 16683
I was quoted 1k USD. It's expensive OOP
it's a 3d cbct idk it seems expensive, i've seen ppl on here say they got theirs for like 300 dollars. online it says the average price is no more than 600 in canada

High res ?

With soft tissue ?

High res ?

With soft tissue ?
395491B2 57C7 4019 88D1 2FBC9B471AB6

Why does my Pagnoni referral say "not cone beam CT?" Are you not getting implants?

Why does my Pagnoni referral say "not cone beam CT?" Are you not getting implants?
i am. it says so in the referral. but where i live you have to have a medical reason to get that one i think. supposedly it causes too much radiation to be given out freely

Yeah that’s crazy I didn’t even pay 300 dollars for 3d imaging

was it a high-resolution full skull 3d scan showing soft tissue?
There were the skin layers, the soft tissue layers, then the bone so yeah.
But I used a free dicom viewer to view them so idk if I could extract all of the info on it properly. I just extracted the images from the disc and sent the files to the surgeon

There were the skin layers, the soft tissue layers, then the bone so yeah.
But I used a free dicom viewer to view them so idk if I could extract all of the info on it properly. I just ripped them from the disc and sent the files to the surgeon
Ok thats probably what I need too. im not going to settle until i find this for $300 then

Ok thats probably what I need too. im not going to settle until i find this for $300 then
Look and see if they’re any private hospitals near you that do ct scans, but I live in the south so everything’s inexpensive here compared to the coasts. Another insurance based hospital here quoted $800 for it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
Look and see if they’re any private hospitals near you that do ct scans, but I live in the south so everything’s inexpensive here compared to the coasts. Another insurance based hospital here quoted $800 for it
im also in a shit tier state RN so it should be cheaper. Whats a private hospital tho, as opposed to an "insurance based" one ?

Last edited:
im also in a shit tier state RN so it should be cheaper. Whats a private hospital tho lol
Physician owned hospital would technically be the correct terminology

Idk why I said private vs insurance I’m tired

Last edited:
Damn I'm surrounded by insurance hospitals so I'm kinda fucked.
Nah it’s physician owned, I’m just retarded and sleep deprived, imaging is still usually cheaper

Nah it’s physician owned, I’m just retarded and sleep deprived, imaging is still usually cheaper
im trying to google physician-owned hospitals in my area but im getting all sorts of bullshit results lol. theres apparently only 250 in the country? is there a list of them somewhere?

Idk
im trying to google physician-owned hospitals in my area but im getting all sorts of bullshit results lol. theres apparently only 250 in the country? is there a list of them somewhere?
you can also check local imaging places, those are usually cheaper than regular hosptials

Idk

you can also check local imaging places, those are usually cheaper than regular hosptials
yeah emailed a bunch of them today hope they get back soon\

holy shit getting a bimax has like 100 pre-steps that are taking dozens of accumulated hours and all sorts of incindental costs

• +1
Reactions: Squirtoutmabooty
Mine was about 450USD

• JFL
Reactions: twilight, Squirtoutmabooty and Octavian_Augustus
Dude, the actual big hospitals here don't even do this shit. Are they just retarded and are getting thrown off by the "3D" part or is the US really third world?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
jeez that’s fucking costly, but to be clear this was a scan for your face right?

Okay, so I think the way Pagnoni worded the scan order might be throwing a lot of these places off. I think a "3D CT scan" is something different, or they're just not used that wording and think it's something different. I think you just need a regular CT scan and then a 3D model will be reconstructed.

@slop slinger

Last edited:
Okay, so I think the way Pagnoni worded the scan order might be throwing a lot of these places off. I think a "3D CT scan" is something different, or they're just not used that wording and think it's something different. I think you just need a regular CT scan and then a 3D model will be reconstructed.
I think you are right. One imaging place near me responded and said "I AM SORRY TO INFORM YOU, THAT WE DO NOT PERFORM THIS TYPE OF CT PROCEDURES (3D DIGITAL)."

But I can't imagine they would be unable to perform this?

Its just one layer of bullshit after another

I'm afraid to improvise my request though because god knows I'll get the wrong thing and expose myself to needless radiation and waste a couple hunddred dollars

Literally everyone means something different when they say ct or cbct scan and its making my brain melt

I think you are right. One imaging place near me responded and said "I AM SORRY TO INFORM YOU, THAT WE DO NOT PERFORM THIS TYPE OF CT PROCEDURES (3D DIGITAL)."

But I can't imagine they would be unable to perform this?

Its just one layer of bullshit after another
Yeah, a woman I spoke to was like "we don't do 3D."

Anyway, assuming this is the issue, regular CT scan is like $250 at all the independent radiology places around me.

• +1
Yeah, a woman I spoke to was like "we don't do 3D."

Anyway, assuming this is the issue, regular CT scan is like $250 at all the independent radiology places around me.
just booked one for $300, says it matches the referral

so many orthos giving me shit about the dental impressions scan, they're all like "thats something we do if you're already pursuing treatment with us" but they just can't seem to understand the scans are immediately needed not for braces but for surgical planning, and that I am moving soon and have no intention of getting braces through them

Last edited:
just booked one for $300, says it matches the referral

so many orthos giving me shit about the dental impressions scan, they're all like "thats something we do if you're already pursuing treatment with us" but they just can't seem to understand the scans are immediately needed not for braces but for surgical planning, and that I am moving soon and have no intention of getting braces through them
I still can't find a place. Turns out 3D wasn't the problem and these places all just suck shit.

I don't know why they wouldn't just give you a dental scan. It takes like a minute and the tech does it with a little handheld device. It's because subconsciously they're all a bunch of religious apes who think they're going to incite the wrath of an angry god if they don't observe the proper way of doing things.

• JFL
I still can't find a place. Turns out 3D wasn't the problem and these places all just suck shit.

I don't know why they wouldn't just give you a dental scan. It takes like a minute and the tech does it with a little handheld device. It's because subconsciously they're all a bunch of religious apes who think they're going to incite the wrath of an angry god if they don't observe the proper way of doing things.
Holy shit one was giving me such an attiutude about my referral not being for their exact office and acting like I was getting a dental scan “Just because”

Like she said “we cant give you a scan just because” because i was inquiring about the possibility of getting a scan without having a consultation or an exam lol

Anyway i managed to find one for 100 dollars

Why are all medical assistants always seething mtbs? Like you go on all their websites its always a pic of the ortho with a row of angry mtbs who have this dual personality of being people pleasers but also subtly angry

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19766

I also still wonder why for some imaging places i was getting $1200 quotes and others $300….and like small private imaging places. I really hope im not missing anything