I have 2 face photos and 2 photos of my CBCT scans. Should I get Bimax surgery or not?

F

F_Wilks

Iron
I went to the orthodontist today and was able to get a CBCT scan done. They let me take pictures of it.

Here's a link to a photo gallery with my CBCT scans and facial photos.

The first 2 photos are side view / front view from the CBCT scan. The last 2 photos are side view / front view of myself, taken with my phone camera.

The orthodontist noted that I have:
  1. "vertical maxillary deficiency"
  2. "midline deviation"
  3. "moderate" overcrowding of the upper teeth
  4. "severe" overcrowding of the lower teeth
  5. "overjet"
My wisdom teeth have been removed.

I tried to get advice earlier via PM but basically nobody responds to PM's. I'm posting this publicly so that I can get an answer to my question.

My only concern here is aesthetics.

Should I get bimax? I need to make this decision before getting braces.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: UZB_Strebl, heyheyheybro22 and Sodoku
100%
You're recessed as shit

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: UZB_Strebl and heyheyheybro22
@BlackpillRemedy

• +1
Reactions: heyheyheybro22
yes, you need downgraft

• +1
I think you should. You clearly suffer from SFS. At the very least, consider a genio. But bimax would correct all of the problems that your orthodontist pointed out

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and heyheyheybro22
I went to the orthodontist today and was able to get a CBCT scan done. They let me take pictures of it.

The first 2 photos are side view / front view from the CBCT scan. The last 2 photos are side view / front view of myself, taken with my phone camera.

2. "midline deviation"
  5. "overjet"

I tried to get advice earlier via PM but basically nobody responds to PM's. I'm posting this publicly so that I can get an answer to my question.

Shit tooth area.

• +1
I think you should. You clearly suffer from SFS. At the very least, consider a genio. But bimax would correct all of the problems that your orthodontist pointed out
What is SFS exactly? Is that when the shortness is coming from your midface, or coming from your mandible?

Thank you.

@NZb6Air

What exactly is a downgraft, also, what problem is it fixing?
your maxilla is opened up and bone is inserted to increase its height and solve vertical maxillary deficiency

your maxilla is opened up and bone is inserted to increase its height and solve vertical maxillary deficiency
So basically a bone graft? Are they removing a piece of bone from another part of my body?

Yes that's right

It will help your lip shape too
How does it change the lips exactly? My lips are slightly turned down at the corners.

Would they become straight after bimax?

Separately, is there any chance that bimax would rotate the lips outwards, basically a "permanent puckering"? My lips are basically nonexistent right now. I'm wondering if perhaps that's caused by recessed jaws not properly supporting the lips?

How does it change the lips exactly? My lips are slightly turned down at the corners.

Would they become straight after bimax?

Separately, is there any chance that bimax would rotate the lips outwards, basically a "permanent puckering"? My lips are basically nonexistent right now. I'm wondering if perhaps that's caused by recessed jaws not properly supporting the lips?
puckering lips are way better then non existent

What is SFS exactly? Is that when the shortness is coming from your midface, or coming from your mandible?

Thank you.

Short face syndrome
IMG 1950

I've seen that video on youtube. Crazy improvement. Do you know what surgeons I should consider?

I was actually about to contact Alfaro before creating an account here and realizing he has a reputation for overadvancing people.

puckering lips are way better then non existent
I agree. Is that generally the result of bimax though? Lips going from thin to thick, or just going from thin to normal?

I agree. Is that generally the result of bimax though? Lips going from thin to thick, or just going from thin to normal?
Probably won’t change much I don’t think, normal at best you might still some fat grapting for your non existent lips

2. "midline deviation"
  5. "overjet"

I hat makes them think u need lf1 downgraft? U may need it but the biggest issue I see is with your mandible being way too small.

I hat makes them think u need lf1 downgraft? U may need it but the biggest issue I see is with your mandible being way too small.
The orthodontist didn't say I needed downgraft, the people in this thread and in my DM's are saying I need it, because of my SFS. I'm inclined to believe them, because I have the opposite of a gummy smile.

When I smile, only the bottom half of my front teeth are visible, and my mouth takes on the shape of a trapezoid, instead of a crescent.

Downgrafting would presumably push my maxilla downwards, which would expose my upper teeth.

2. "midline deviation"
  5. "overjet"

Get bimax or Lefort

• JFL
Reactions: UZB_Strebl
Probably won’t change much I don’t think, normal at best you might still some fat grapting for your non existent lips
Would it at least raise up the drooping corners of my mouth?

2. "midline deviation"
  5. "overjet"

U seem pretty old how old are u and u need down graft

The orthodontist didn't say I needed downgraft, the people in this thread and in my DM's are saying I need it, because of my SFS. I'm inclined to believe them, because I have the opposite of a gummy smile.

When I smile, only the bottom half of my front teeth are visible, and my mouth takes on the shape of a trapezoid, instead of a crescent.

Downgrafting would presumably push my maxilla downwards, which would expose my upper teeth.

A lot of retards will tell you to get xyz. Your smile looks like this right?
IMG 1952
IMG 1953

Anyways just a second opinion from another ortho and see what they say