I increased my calories/carbs, already got a fatter and fluffy belly

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
Because of a appendix inflammation i lost 3kg. At the end my belly was really flat and ripped. Looked like a sixpack.
Now since one week i increased my calories and carbs to 2500 calories at 178cm. My weight is now still the same, but the belly has lost all definition and looking bigger + fatter.
Is this water retention?? Or did i maybe lost more muscles and gained fat?

What is your diet?

Because of a appendix inflammation i lost 3kg. At the end my belly was really flat and ripped. Looked like a sixpack.
Now since one week i increased my calories and carbs to 2500 calories at 178cm. My weight is now still the same, but the belly has lost all definition and looking bigger + fatter.
Could be temporary water retention. Don’t increase your calories in large increments. Keep your surplus 300 calories above maintence and work from there based on progress in the gym/physique.

Could be temporary water retention. Don’t increase your calories in large increments. Keep your surplus 300 calories above maintence and work from there based on progress in the gym/physique

bacterial overgrowth, elevated liver enzymes

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief and Deleted member 6403
What can i do against both?
if both are an actual problem and if you want to go to the heavy guns directly then maybe minocycline and TUDCA respectively

Maybe you are eating junk? you got to eat clean if you want to grow lean.

PS: Never follow Dr Shekelberg's advice.

Maybe you are eating junk? you got to eat clean if you want to grow lean.
Yeah i ate shit for one week, because i was scared of losing more weight. The 3kg i lost, where mostly muscles.

More food/gut volume will logically expand your belly and more carbs will also fill intramuscular glycogen stores and make you retain more water. It's also quite possible that you gained a little fat if you've been eating above your TDEE. Either way, seek therapy for your mental issues

• JFL
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad