I just gave myself a haircut.

yue

yue

Exponent
So I just gave myself a haircut, the hairstyle I went for was a mix between a "wolf cut" and griffith from Berserk 1997

Specifically from Griffith, his combination of fringe + long hair everywhere else mogs, however I realized I didn't have the hair everywhere else to pull it off.

So for the sides I aimed for the "wolf-cut" layered sort of style, where it has that mullet characteristic of it flowing down

Obviously not a professional job, but it was only my second time cutting my hair. I'm happy with how it came out, and the hair style, if pulled off is A++ tier.

Here's the procedure:

1. I took some hair clips and took the fringe part (the hair in a triangle shape in the front of my head.) And I pulled it away from everything else.

2. Next I separated the sides into a top section and a bottom section, the top section I cut first, making sure it was all about the same height symmetrically and adjacently.

3. Then I just took enough off the top until it looked decent enough.

4. The back I left mostly untouched, except for some layering. (also I couldn't see shit)

Pros with cutting your own hair:

1. $0

2. Most hairdressers, and especially barbers, have no eye for aesthetics.

3. The more you do it the better you'll become

Anyway, that's the thread

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, mudmaxes, NZb6Air and 1 other person
looks good man, is it even and symmetrical?

• +1
Reactions: yue
You did a good job,
I too scissor cut my own hair and have the same hair style

• +1
Luriamaxxing

• Love it
So I just gave myself a haircut, the hairstyle I went for was a mix between a "wolf cut" and griffith from Berserk 1997

View attachment 3164131

Specifically from Griffith, his combination of fringe + long hair everywhere else mogs, however I realized I didn't have the hair everywhere else to pull it off.

So for the sides I aimed for the "wolf-cut" layered sort of style, where it has that mullet characteristic of it flowing down

View attachment 3164140

Obviously not a professional job, but it was only my second time cutting my hair. I'm happy with how it came out, and the hair style, if pulled off is A++ tier.

Here's the procedure:

1. I took some hair clips and took the fringe part (the hair in a triangle shape in the front of my head.) And I pulled it away from everything else.

2. Next I separated the sides into a top section and a bottom section, the top section I cut first, making sure it was all about the same height symmetrically and adjacently.

3. Then I just took enough off the top until it looked decent enough.

4. The back I left mostly untouched, except for some layering. (also I couldn't see shit)

Pros with cutting your own hair:

1. $0

2. Most hairdressers, and especially barbers, have no eye for aesthetics.

3. The more you do it the better you'll become

Anyway, that's the thread
how long does it even have to be

and did you use a video as reference

Enough to fringe properly

just used the above photos
also chatgpt gave me this jfl
View attachment 3164236
I see this is my hair currently I guess I gotta let it grow more or maybe I can style it but I don’t think it’s long enough

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpeg
    IMG_0331.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I see this is my hair currently I guess I gotta let it grow more or maybe I can style it but I don’t think it’s long enough
Yea let it grow, it's a bit thicker/curlier than mine too

• +1
Reactions: kalluss
Yea let it grow, it's a bit thicker/curlier than mine too
yours seems wavy jfl mines only slightly curvy on the ends and i cant fix it