I just have telogen effluvium

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
I’m not balding. It’s not male pattern diffuse thinning, it’s absolutely telogen effluvium. Why do I think this?

All the hairs are full length non miniatured hairs, all the males in my family balded at age 30 from the temples, not diffuse thinning, my temples are Norwood .25 with a very slight recession but they have remained this way for the last 2 years, meaning I will bald from the temples not the top.

Also before accutane I have pictures showing the density was the same as the sides.

I only started losing hair about 1.5 months ago. I have very not dense hair so you could always see my scalp from the beginning, but I’m actually losing hair now and it’s even more obvious.

it’s telogen effluvium. At this point I can’t do anything but take care of my body, take supplements, workout, stop stressing, and just let my body recover from accutane. And just hope that it won’t end up chronic and that my hair will grow back in the next 6 months. But again, there’s nothing I can do about it. I won’t be taking finasteride. In a panic and without any break in school I thought I was experiencing male pattern balding and that it had just snuck up on me or something or that accutane was causing me to go bald. But that’s not the case. Accutane can cause telogen effluvium that can LEAVE YOU with hairs that are MPB susceptible and that may very well happen to me, but I’m experiencing TE shedding of normal hairs just falling out of my head all day and taking finasteride isn’t going to stop that.

I bought fin anyway for later or for afterwards if my entire head doesn’t recover, but I can stop stressing and start coping. I was stressing because I didn’t want to end up bald. Now that it’s out of my control (since I know it’s not MPB and know I can’t control it) I’ve calmed down a lot.

All in all this may have been a good thing for me. As long as I don’t end up bald it will be. Why? I was going insane. My classes were a wreck, wasn’t studying, wasn’t even washing my clothes, my car and room was trashed, I was sick with a cold drinking for days on end, eating garbage, never working out, spending all my money.

after this shit my room is now impeccable, I am stacking paychecks, back to eating healthy working out, I passed all my tests and finally have a fucking weekend off to myself to relax. Only issue is my hair now. It’s fucked but it is what it is, I’m just gonna let this shit take its toll, try and cope with looking like shit, and build my future.

today I realized I’ve lost so much hair that I can’t even wear my old haircut anymore. My hair is so fucking thin I can’t even spike it up anymore and it doesn’t lay like it used to. All I can do now is just lay it flat and it looks like shit but it is what it is. Hopefully I don’t have to shave my head or something. Fuck man.

• +1
Reactions: amorfati, thecel, AsGoodAsItGets and 1 other person
read 3 words ngl

I was going insane. My classes were a wreck, wasn’t studying, wasn’t even washing my clothes, my car and room was trashed, I was sick with a cold drinking for days on end, eating garbage, never working out, spending all my money.
what hairloss does to a man

• JFL
Reactions: volcelfatcel
what hairloss does to a man
That was actually before hairloss. Hairloss made me realize how much of a wreck my life was and only then did I actually put in work to fix it. Now everything in my life is in order but I’m just waiting for my hair to stop shedding and start growing back.

I’m not balding. It’s not male pattern diffuse thinning, it’s absolutely telogen effluvium. Why do I think this?

All the hairs are full length non miniatured hairs, all the males in my family balded at age 30 from the temples, not diffuse thinning, my temples are Norwood .25 with a very slight recession but they have remained this way for the last 2 years, meaning I will bald from the temples not the top.

Also before accutane I have pictures showing the density was the same as the sides.

I only started losing hair about 1.5 months ago. I have very not dense hair so you could always see my scalp from the beginning, but I’m actually losing hair now and it’s even more obvious.

it’s telogen effluvium. At this point I can’t do anything but take care of my body, take supplements, workout, stop stressing, and just let my body recover from accutane. And just hope that it won’t end up chronic and that my hair will grow back in the next 6 months. But again, there’s nothing I can do about it. I won’t be taking finasteride. In a panic and without any break in school I thought I was experiencing male pattern balding and that it had just snuck up on me or something or that accutane was causing me to go bald. But that’s not the case. Accutane can cause telogen effluvium that can LEAVE YOU with hairs that are MPB susceptible and that may very well happen to me, but I’m experiencing TE shedding of normal hairs just falling out of my head all day and taking finasteride isn’t going to stop that.

I bought fin anyway for later or for afterwards if my entire head doesn’t recover, but I can stop stressing and start coping. I was stressing because I didn’t want to end up bald. Now that it’s out of my control (since I know it’s not MPB and know I can’t control it) I’ve calmed down a lot.

All in all this may have been a good thing for me. As long as I don’t end up bald it will be. Why? I was going insane. My classes were a wreck, wasn’t studying, wasn’t even washing my clothes, my car and room was trashed, I was sick with a cold drinking for days on end, eating garbage, never working out, spending all my money.

after this shit my room is now impeccable, I am stacking paychecks, back to eating healthy working out, I passed all my tests and finally have a fucking weekend off to myself to relax. Only issue is my hair now. It’s fucked but it is what it is, I’m just gonna let this shit take its toll, try and cope with looking like shit, and build my future.

today I realized I’ve lost so much hair that I can’t even wear my old haircut anymore. My hair is so fucking thin I can’t even spike it up anymore and it doesn’t lay like it used to. All I can do now is just lay it flat and it looks like shit but it is what it is. Hopefully I don’t have to shave my head or something. Fuck man.
So happy for you bro, but I'm happier for myself because I hopefully won't have to read anymore posts talking about your hair thinning.

• JFL
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and sorrowfulsad
is this the final chapter?

Yeah you were right. Hopefully this shit doesn’t turn chronic and the hair fall ends in the next few months. On top of that hopefully my acne doesn’t get full blown and destroy my face again.