"I love fucking girls who act hard to get": An open letter to the local pervs

ElySioNs

ElySioNs

Mercenary
Dear local pervs,

You, who contact me privately to find whichever way - from polite and friendly to matter-of-fact and straightforward - to let me know that the world needs more women who are open to the idea of getting raped.

You who write "I don't think you can help it", "You are going back to him anyway so why resist at all". You who finally confess that "I love fucking girls who act hard to get".

What makes you think that a rape has anything to do with playing hard to get?

I, for one, am not hard to get. I am a slut. The guy who raped me, I invited over for a one night stand without knowing him beforehand. He was the second man I called that night because the first one was a wimp.

Not only I don't play hard to get, but I don't keep it a secret that I don't either. I think everyone got their head up their ass when it comes to sex, and to me it's just a fun sport, and I make sure to advertise the fact, not so I can get more customers, but so that more people see me doing it and understand that there is really no reason to be that uptight about sex, especially when we are not even nearly as uptight when it comes to things that are actually damaging, like violence.

Now, here is the important bit: me getting raped isn't me playing hard to get. It's me feeling unsafe, or upset, or just simply not wanting to do something and it being done to me anyway. It isn't fun. The fact that part of the experience was fun anyway because he's got a big dick or he just happens to use it the right way or because trauma bonding is still bonding after all doesn't remotely make up for the damage he does having no consideration for me asking him not to do something to my body.

Me having fun while getting raped isn't a cause-effect relationship. It's a coincidence. And it's a really unlucky one for me because it makes me attracted to a man who is selfish, unsympathetic, possessive, and capable of violence. And there is nothing to say that if I let him in my bedroom ever again he isn't going to make my life outside the bedroom a living nightmare, until I try to leave and he stalks me, hurts me, or kills me.

So please stop suggesting that. It's isn't fun. Thank you.

• JFL
Reactions: maarda