I make long term plans but never follow them

AbandonShip

AbandonShip

Kraken
For example i was pretty hyped about learning italian 3 days ago and made an account on duolingo and had good progress.
But suddenly i dont wanna learn it anymore. I am not hyped about it anymore.
The fuck is wrong with me

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and CupOfCoffee
Same it's reward system problem.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3583, Deleted member 470, Norwooder and 3 others
Incorporate it into other things you already do.
Pair it with something.
ie, after you gymcel and eat your meal when you get home, learn Italian

Goblin

• Hmm...
Reactions: CristianT and Deleted member 1464

• +1
Reactions: Tony
Incorporate it into other things you already do.
Pair it with something.
ie, after you gymcel and eat your meal when you get home, learn Italian
It just feels impossible.
I get hyper obsessed about something, learn about it for 2-3 weeks and then become completely disinterested
Same it's reward system problem.
Elaborate son

• +1
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit
its normal for language learning, keeping motivated throughout the whole process of learning the language is hard

its normal for language learning, keeping motivated throughout the whole process of learning the language is hard
Yeah. Same thing happened when i was learning russian.
Lost interest and never bothered learning it further

• So Sad
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
Finocchio

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: SixFootManlet and AbandonShip
I get hyper obsessed about something, learn about it for 2-3 weeks and then become completely disinterested

Elaborate son
You lose your motivation bro. Motivation is what gets you to wanna try or do something but it’s not what keeps you doing it. You need to create a routine of doing it so that you automatically do it in your everyday life. Say your goal is to workout Monday-Friday. You set a certain time that you start everyday, you go workout everyday at say 9:00 am , you do that for a month and eventually it becomes habit and routine. Humans are creatures of habit

• +1
Reactions: SixFootManlet, Norwooder and AbandonShip
You lose your motivation bro. Motivation is what gets you to wanna try or do something but it’s not what keeps you doing it. You need to create a routine of doing it so that you automatically do it in your everyday life. Say your goal is to workout Monday-Friday. You set a certain time that you start everyday, you go workout everyday at say 9:00 am , you do that for a month and eventually it becomes habit and routine. Humans are creatures of habit
Its hard man. Maybe modafinil will help

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Nah man that will only make you reliant on the drug. Trust me, find something you actually love to do. Say it’s working out or a sport. Anything you want to improve on. Set a routine, do that certain thing everyday at a set time, never miss a day for a month and it will become habit in your brain. Some days you will feel like not doing it or feel depressed but your brain will force you to do it

• +1
Reactions: AbandonShip
Nah man that will only make you reliant on the drug. Trust me, find something you actually love to do. Say it’s working out or a sport. Anything you want to improve on. Set a routine, do that certain thing everyday at a set time, never miss a day for a month and it will become habit in your brain. Some days you will feel like not doing it or feel depressed but your brain will force you to do it
Grazie mio figlio

Maybe adhd

• +1
Why are you learning Italian? Aren’t you curry? From what I hear Italy is one of the most hyper famous places in the world so not ideal for us.

I Want to learn Russian and Spanish

• +1
Why are you learning Italian? Aren’t you curry? From what I hear Italy is one of the most hyper famous places in the world so not ideal for us.

I Want to learn Russian and Spanish
Idk why i am learning.
Mostly for bragging rights

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
To reach long term accomplishments you have to do things day to day and have short term goals.

For example pick a category of interest in Italian you want to master first. Then figure out the endings, feminine and masculine versions of the word and then try to make sentences with what you've learned

Then branch into a category that doesn't veer too far off from what you just did, so that you can have a little more fun and prove to yourself that you accomplished something by applying what you've learned to the new category, whilst still learning.

If you keep taking small steps and small steps you will eventually reach the top of the mountain without even knowing it - I.e you'll be able to understand and speak some Italian out of the blue one day after a good amount of practice.

I'd say pursue it for sure dude. The older you get, the less capacity your brain has for learning new languages (Maybe not capacity, but your chances of learning one dwindle or become increasingly harder as the years go on)

• +1
To reach long term accomplishments you have to do things day to day and have short term goals.

For example pick a category of interest in Italian you want to master first. Then figure out the endings, feminine and masculine versions of the word and then try to make sentences with what you've learned

Then branch into a category that doesn't veer too far off from what you just did, so that you can have a little more fun and prove to yourself that you accomplished something by applying what you've learned to the new category, whilst still learning.

If you keep taking small steps and small steps you will eventually reach the top of the mountain without even knowing it - I.e you'll be able to understand and speak some Italian out of the blue one day after a good amount of practice.

I'd say pursue it for sure dude. The older you get, the less capacity your brain has for learning new languages (Maybe not capacity, but your chances of learning one dwindle or become increasingly harder as the years go on)
I have these short bursts of energy when i feel i can do anything but it fades away in one or two days and i am back to normal lazy mode again.
The progress i made in learning italian in 3 days is actually quite impressive and i am on the top of the leaderboards but now ive lost motivation completely and procrastinating again.

• +1
Reactions: SixFootManlet
I have these short bursts of energy when i feel i can do anything but it fades away in one or two days and i am back to normal lazy mode again.
The progress i made in learning italian in 3 days is actually quite impressive and i am on the top of the leaderboards but now ive lost motivation completely and procrastinating again.
Yeah I hear you it's tough to stay motivated especially in a learning environment

I think it helps to structure your day so that you have time reserved and allocated to practicing the language. Then during that time you put your phone away and go in a room where it's quiet and you can do your thing.

So that way, if you force yourself that hour or so everyday. Even if you're not happy and struggling with it - it's an automatic 7 hours minimum of practice per week.

• +1
Welcome to the club.

I have started at least 15 new endeavors in life and quit all of them. Both career, school and life wise.

I wasted thousands upon thousands of Euro's for nothing.

I started university in my mid 20s in september but now I'm gonna drop out again because I just don't care anymore.

• +1
Forget motivation, no one with long term goals wakes up motivated every day; There will be days when you will feel tired, sad, which really matters and discipline. Motivation is useless.
That is a very good phrase I heard.
Either way, to solve your problem, try to create a reward system; The example has just completed a lesson and eats a slice of cake.

• +1
Welcome to the club.

I have started at least 15 new endeavors in life and quit all of them. Both career, school and life wise.

I wasted thousands upon thousands of Euro's for nothing.

I started university in my mid 20s in september but now I'm gonna drop out again because I just don't care anymore.
Have you tried modafinil?
Is pretty good if you want to do mundane work

Elaborate son
You're dopamine deficient, or insensitive to dopamine. Could be genetic or due to your lifestyle

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
Ive been like this since childhood
Same. I don't think there's much you can do about it. I've never really felt things to be pleasurable even as a child. Drugs are the only way for me to occasionally feel happy and excited to do things

• +1
Same. I don't think there's much you can do about it. I've never really felt things to be pleasurable even as a child. Drugs are the only way for me to occasionally feel happy and excited to do things
Legit tbh. I am never satisfied

its cause you rly need sex not italian lol

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 3583 and CupOfCoffee
  • +1
get a gf and u will be content with wageslaving and coming home to netflix and dog walking. hobbies are extreme cope

Like everyone in this non-looksmaxing forum

• +1
Reactions: SixFootManlet
Modafinil will give you hyper focus. But not motivation. To be honest there is no drug for motivation.

Relying on motivation causes you to give up on everything prematurely. Will power is all that matters.

• +1
COS U KNOW AINT NO PUSSY WAITING FOR YOU AT THE END