I might of been wrong about going to the gym in the morning

ey88

ey88

Kraken
I have always been a hater of going to the gym in the morning, but I’ve been doing some research and from what I’ve seen going to the gym after a long day can be bad for cortisol levels

This is what I read

Sometimes, exercise exacerbates pre-existing cortisol imbalances, she says. "Because exercise yields the body's stress response, when cortisol levels aren't in homeostasis, it can cause cortisol levels to just remain high," she says. This is especially likely if you exercise at the end of the day, for a long period of time, or at uber-high intensities. (See: Is Your Really Intense Workout Making You Sick?)

"If you work out at the end of the day when your cortisol levels are supposed to be on the decline, it can cause your cortisol levels to deviate from their circadian rhythm," says Molloy. Usually, it's a short-term deviation and your cortisol levels return to normal. But exercising at night can exacerbate preexisting cortisol issues, he explains. (That's why exercising in the morning can be part of the solution, but more on that below).

What do you guys think?

• +1
Reactions: nathan and YugoDutch
@nathan

• +1
Reactions: nathan
Bump

• +1
Only bad if you're a wagecuck for who spent the entire morning/afternoon slaving away for shekelberg.

• +1
Reactions: MedMogger, greycel, nathan and 1 other person
Only bad if you're a wagecuck for who spent the entire morning/afternoon slaving away for shekelberg.
Sad reality for most people tho :feelsbadman:

• +1
I have always been a hater of going to the gym in the morning, but I’ve been doing some research and from what I’ve seen going to the gym after a long day can be bad for cortisol levels

This is what I read

Sometimes, exercise exacerbates pre-existing cortisol imbalances, she says. "Because exercise yields the body's stress response, when cortisol levels aren't in homeostasis, it can cause cortisol levels to just remain high," she says. This is especially likely if you exercise at the end of the day, for a long period of time, or at uber-high intensities. (See: Is Your Really Intense Workout Making You Sick?)

"If you work out at the end of the day when your cortisol levels are supposed to be on the decline, it can cause your cortisol levels to deviate from their circadian rhythm," says Molloy. Usually, it's a short-term deviation and your cortisol levels return to normal. But exercising at night can exacerbate preexisting cortisol issues, he explains. (That's why exercising in the morning can be part of the solution, but more on that below).

What do you guys think?
Youre also stronger at day

• +1
Reactions: nathan and ey88
are you going everyday? you should aim for 150-200 minutes a week anything more than that is unnecessary/unhealthy

• +1
Reactions: ey88
are you going everyday? you should aim for 150-200 minutes a week anything more than that is unnecessary/unhealthy

• +1
Reactions: ey88
No I usually go like 4-5 times a week, my sessions are usually only like 45 mins too

• +1