i need around 3mm upper jaw advancement

sandcelmuttcel

sandcelmuttcel

Kraken
what are my options (i think le fort 1 is overkill)

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal and Deleted member 4054
Wrap around upper jaw implant from Eppley
Lf1

• JFL
Reactions: .👽., WadlowMaxxing, highT and 5 others
split the midpalatal suture using MSE and then load up them bollards

this woman didn't even use bollards and still got the expansion after loading up with a shit ton of rubber bands

• +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel and Deleted member 4054
what are my options (i think le fort 1 is overkill)
I need around the same amount and im doing lefort 1

it makes a bigger change than u think 3-4mm

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
split the midpalatal suture using MSE and then load up them bollards

this woman didn't even use bollards and still got the expansion after loading up with a shit ton of rubber bands

en_a03fig03.jpg

?

• +1
Reactions: retard
Mewing can do 3mm a year bro

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: .👽., subhuman incel, mewcoper and 4 others
yeah you split the midpalatal suture with MSE then get the bollards to push your midface forward
View attachment 967325
for this treatment, mid palatal suture split is not needed it seems, but the patients i see are around 12 years of age. do you think this is gonna work on adults?

for this treatment, mid palatal suture split is not needed it seems, but the patients i see are around 12 years of age. do you think this is gonna work on adults?
No. That is why you need the MSE to split the skull first. Your bones are too old for that to work without it.

No. That is why you need the MSE to split the skull first. Your bones are too old for that to work without it.
the mid palatal suture split is for transverse expansion not forward.

Last edited:
How do you know how much? Have you had ct done?
no but i measured my forward growth on the frankfort plane and compared with male models/celebrities. it's rough estimation.

• JFL
Reactions: .👽.
yeah you split the midpalatal suture with MSE then get the bollards to push your midface forward
View attachment 967325
What is this shit with rubbers even? If the tongue support is strong enough, the only thing this shit construction would do is pull the lower jaw backwards.

What is this shit with rubbers even? If the tongue support is strong enough, the only thing this shit construction would do is pull the lower jaw backwards.
it pulls the back of the maxilla downwards which forces the front of it upwards

View attachment 974192
I dont think it works this way. Again, if the tongue support is very strong, maxilla isnt moving anywhere, the lower jaw would be pulled backwards, before the maxilla rotates.

They wouldnt do jaw surgery with maxillary rotation if it was that easy to fix with some shitty rubberbands.

View attachment 974192
I really hope this is true. Do you have any articles or evidence to back this claim? Also, would you ever attach a facemask to the bollards? Or just stick with elastics?

I really hope this is true. Do you have any articles or evidence to back this claim? Also, would you ever attach a facemask to the bollards? Or just stick with elastics?
"there was a slight counterclockwise rotation of the maxilla in all patients"

@Sergio-OMS said a FM can be used with it. Facemask cause a slight clockwise rotation however which is undesirable. I am more interested in this from Won Moon's presentation:

What if we combined the BAMP with these elastics which I guess are hooked up to the braces which also engage in a CCW rotation.
@Sergio-OMS thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: Sergio-OMS and schneebly
"there was a slight counterclockwise rotation of the maxilla in all patients"

@Sergio-OMS said a FM can be used with it. Facemask cause a slight clockwise rotation however which is undesirable. I am more interested in this from Won Moon's presentation:
View attachment 1038399

What if we combined the BAMP with these elastics which I guess are hooked up to the braces which also engage in a CCW rotation.
@Sergio-OMS thoughts?
Yes, this is what I wrote in some message, placing bollard plates for BAMP and doing FM from the MSE molar bands.

no idea about how predictable it would be but it might worth it in some patients.

• +1
Reactions: spark
Yes, this is what I wrote in some message, placing bollard plates for BAMP and doing FM from the MSE molar bands.

no idea about how predictable it would be but it might worth it in some patients.
Right but this is not a FM in the traditional sense since there is no reverse pull headgear. It's just class 3 elastics going from MSE to the lower braces. Isn't that much better than using some crappy reverse pull headgear?

One more thing. Would it be possible to drill with corticopuncture not only the midpalatal suture but also the pterygomaxillary suture for a easier split and more easy forward movement? Many do not want to get the DOME as it prevents upper maxillary expansion.
465025_1_En_6_Fig1_HTML.png

• +1
Reactions: schneebly