I need info about MSE

D

Doomerspn

Iron
First of all, what are the aesthetic benefits of it? Just a better and wider smile? or it also makes your zygomatic distance bigger?

Also, How should I get it? Ask my orthodontist or my dentist for it or should I directly go to a maxilofacial surgeon?

Thank U all in advance

Edit: my cheekbones are already prominent should I not get it as a narrow palate gives me hollow checks

I was just looking at this an hour ago, theres tons of info at Evan Lavizadeh & Jawhacks youtube channels. Watch every minute. Theres videos for your exact questions.

• +1
Reactions: Doomerspn, Pumanator and Deleted member 6892
Its more of a functional appliance, if you have actual breathing problems (meaning poor facial dimensions) you'll get some aesthetic benefits but you'll have to temper your expectations.

You can set up a consultation with an orthodontist (but make sure its a sleep apnea oriented ortho.)

Depending on your age and stubbornness of your bones you can get disarticualtions of various facial sutures but the most probable one is the midpalatal suture giving you a gap between your teeth. Each side of the maxilla will have a small degree of linear lateral movement with small chance of a tiny lateral upswing of the zygoma.

You have the option of facial protraction but I havnt undergone it yet (will report soon.)

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Doomerspn and StrangerDanger
Its more of a functional appliance, if you have actual breathing problems (meaning poor facial dimensions) you'll get some aesthetic benefits but you'll have to temper your expectations.

You can set up a consultation with an orthodontist (but make sure its a sleep apnea oriented ortho.)

Depending on your age and stubbornness of your bones you can get disarticualtions of various facial sutures but the most probable one is the midpalatal suture giving you a gap between your teeth. Each side of the maxilla will have a small degree of linear lateral movement with small chance of a tiny lateral upswing of the zygoma.

You have the option of facial protraction but I havnt undergone it yet (will report soon.)
But will it make your smile wider?

Orthodontist

• +1
Reactions: Doomerspn