I owe my old gym nearly £700?

N1666

N1666

Kraken
I was checking my old email and noticed a debt collection company had contacted me.

I cancelled the gym membership back in January through my banking app, which according to Anytime Fitness is not allowed and you have to go into the actual gym to do it so these cunts have been charging me every month still. I haven't stepped inside that gym for months, I highly doubt you would be let in if you don't pay either.

I'm not travelling to another country just so I could cancel it and I try ringing the gym but they won't answer. If I don't pay it what is realistically going to happen?

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Ricky212, SecularIslamist, BeanletMogger and 7 others
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: deepfuckingvalue, albe.ORG, alexmason90 and 5 others
Sometimes i go to mine without paying that month, they are like 3 workers there and they always think i paid one of the other guys

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Staceymaxxing, SecularIslamist and N1666
are you from the channel islands

• +1
Reactions: N1666
Lol, imagine using your real name and card at a gym...:feelskek:

• JFL
  • Hmm...
  • WTF
Reactions: MaghrebGator, 5'7 zoomer, N1666 and 1 other person
what? Why wouldn't you
Because they can pull shit like that and claim you owe them money, very difficult in this day and age to cancel a subscription for pretty much anything.

• +1
Tell them they owe you some muscles.

• JFL
Reactions: Diarrhoea, SoundnVision, MoggerGaston and 2 others

• +1
Reactions: timid
I was checking my old email and noticed a debt collection company had contacted me.

View attachment 2991901

I cancelled the gym membership back in January through my banking app, which according to Anytime Fitness is not allowed and you have to go into the actual gym to do it so these cunts have been charging me every month still. I haven't stepped inside that gym for months, I highly doubt you would be let in if you don't pay either.

I'm not travelling to another country just so I could cancel it and I try ringing the gym but they won't answer. If I don't pay it what is realistically going to happen?
Just don’t pay it

• +1
Its da joooos

you dont have to pay

ive been in £2000 of debt to a collection agency for over a year now, it barely affects your credit score and the debt gets wiped after 5 years, they have no way to enforce you to pay the debt either, debt maxxing is very high iq if you play ur cards right and do it properly

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: asdvek, Richard Cheese and N1666
Sort of, I spend more time in England now
I worked like 3 days with people from there years ago, from that Isle which has lots of motorbikes accidents

• +1
I worked like 3 days with people from there years ago, from that Isle which has lots of motorbikes accidents
Isle of Man, complete shit hole

• Woah
Reactions: MaghrebGator
I'm with AnyTime Fitness as well. Apparently you sign a contract - but like usual I never read it. I've had a continuous membership for 2 years now.

They are expensive but good facilities. But £700 for six months?? Do they offer free protein shakes + breakfast as well? Most other gyms let you cancel via bank. This is retarded. Thanks for heads up tho.

• +1
I did the exact same thing, i ended up paying them back though was only like 40 pounds

Depends if they know your address or not. If they know it, they'll probably send debt collectors to your house (might even have a TV crew with them, recording some show like "Can't pay, we'll take it away" and they'll blast your mug on Channel 4 in front of the entire nation).

• JFL
Reactions: Diarrhoea, SecularIslamist, alexmason90 and 1 other person
I'm with AnyTime Fitness as well. Apparently you sign a contract - but like usual I never read it. I've had a continuous membership for 2 years now.

They are expensive but good facilities. But £700 for six months?? Do they offer free protein shakes + breakfast as well? Most other gyms let you cancel via bank. This is retarded. Thanks for heads up tho.
The price of everything in Jersey is inflated compared to England for the exact same shit. I think I paid like £65/70 a month so clearly the collection agency have slapped on a crazy fee.

• JFL
Reactions: SecularIslamist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back