Only language that is relevant is English

In business, education, science, entertainment... Basically everywhere

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Lmao and 6ft4
What languages do you know?

Its one of the lowest ROI activities

Only language that is relevant is English

In business, education, science, entertainment... Basically everywhere
Cope you probably learn some shit language, like whatever language Indians speak (Hindi).

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 21146 and 2 others
Of course its useless if all you do is rot in your basement all day

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 21146 and 4 others
if your parents didnt force u to learn a 2nd/third language when you were a kid its a waste of energy and brain memory to do it old

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member and PubertyMaxxer
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and PubertyMaxxer
Learning languages only matter if
1) you actually like the culture/art of that country
2) you are gonna move there eventually

if you are stay at home 24/7 and rot there's no point

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, wollet2, Trustworthyfish and 1 other person
Learning languages only matter if
1) you actually like the culture/art of that country
2) you are gonna move there eventually

if you are stay at home 24/7 and rot there's no point
Many learn Spanish or French just for the sake of the large number of speakers even if they don't live there or have any connection to these countries. It's retarded.

Also with foids only English matters, I'm extremely happy I never learned another language
If you meet a girl in her native country she will always have a preference for a native speaker meaning you will need to mog the guys in her social circle very hard to have a chance, why bother competing against subhumans who are borderline capable of cucking you
If you meet girls abroad so that neither of you are in your native country, she will be much more receptive than the girls just mentioned but the likelihood is the common language you'll both have is English so speaking another language is pointless

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao and PubertyMaxxer
Knowing a few languages is usefuel to get around in the world. Especially if you consider moving at some point.

For business and education it really is irrelevant though

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and PubertyMaxxer
Dutch, French, German, Serbo-Croatian
Wow mirin, high IQ.

And tips for a Low IQcel like myself?

How long do you think it takes to learn a language to where you can speak it and understand it reasonably?
Use any apps or techniques?

I myself wouldn't mind learning Italian or French.

• Love it
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Wow mirin, high IQ.

How long do you think it takes to learn a language to where you can speak it and understand it reasonably?

i have many tips about language learning which ive aquired from months of research
ive been thinking about making a big thread detailing everything, but its gonna take a lot of effort
but it can take you 3-6 months to learn a language like dutch if youre a native english speaker, provided you give effort and do it effectively

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Danish_Retard, rand anon, PubertyMaxxer and 1 other person
Wow mirin, high IQ.

If the language you learn is similar it takes less time.

Meaning.

You already speak a romance language -> Italien/French should take 600 hours. You only speak germanic language so far it will take 1400 hours.

But you can get to a good enough level after 500 hours.

Takes lots of time, but theres a method that makes it "fun"

Learning lots of vocabulary through spaced repetition app "Anki" (mogs for all kind of learning)

And consuming lots of native media in the language, basically don't learn any grammar. The grammar will come to you automatically if you watch the content in the foreign language.

Meaning you only need to watch youtube/tv-show/whatever interests you in that language.

Thats how you learn the best imo.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Danish_Retard, PubertyMaxxer and Nims
i have many tips about language learning which ive aquired from months of research
ive been thinking about making a big thread detailing everything, but its gonna take a lot of effort
but it can take you 3-6 months to learn a language like dutch if youre a native english speaker, provided you give effort and do it effectively
Wow, a language learning thread would be really cool, probably get on BOTB.

If you do make one pls tag me.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, pneumocystosis, Deleted member 13787 and 1 other person

Meaning.

You already speak a romance language -> Italien/French should take 600 hours. You only speak germanic language so far it will take 1400 hours.

Learning lots of vocabulary through spaced repetition app "Anki" (mogs for all kind of learning)

And consuming lots of native media in the language, basically don't learn any grammar. The grammar will come to you automatically if you watch the content in the foreign language.

Meaning you only need to watch youtube/tv-show/whatever interests you in that language.

Dutch is very easy for German speakers and even English speakers

Spanish is very easy for Portuguese speakers and vice versa

Norwegian is very easy for Swedish or Danish speakers and vice versa

English closest relatives are French, Dutch/German, (Latin)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693
only works toward the beginning
when the first ~500 words provide you with lets say 80% of the commonly used vocabulary its more effective, sure, but after that you need immersion learning
because to get to a number like 10000 or even higher if you want to reach native levels, anki will be a huge hastle
you can only take so many new cards a day before you start to get overwhelmed and exhausted by long periods of non stop learning
once you have a decent vocabulary input mogs everything

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Nims and Deleted member 14693

Meaning.

:love:. There are usually premade decks on Anki right? I might install one this evening and then start watching all my films in that language in like 1-2 weeks after I have a bit of basic knowledge.

Usually using the language mogs tho right, like if I were learning Italian, the best thing would be once I have a bit of knowledge to either speak to someone Italian right? Either through IRL or maybe like Omegle or smth?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693 and PubertyMaxxer
i'd say grammar is acc better to manually learn
i get what you mean by acquiring it through immersion, but the thing is that, grammar compared to a vocab of 10-15k words is nothing, its like 2-3weeks of learning max to get everything about the grammar of a language
you should learn it so you can pick up on what words in the media youre consuming are supposed to mean, and master using it/understanding it through the immersion

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Nims and PubertyMaxxer
Usually using the language mogs tho right, like if I were learning Italian, the best thing would be once I have a bit of knowledge to either speak to someone Italian right? Either through IRL or maybe like Omegle or smth?
nah
early output is a bad idea, especially spoken
you might get bad habits of how you pronounce words and from what i know you will be able to output fairly easily if you genuinely have learned the language through input
output (speaking, writing, etc) should be a worry once youve reached a decent level already

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, PubertyMaxxer and Nims
nah
early output is a bad idea, especially spoken
you might get bad habits of how you pronounce words and from what i know you will be able to output fairly easily if you genuinely have learned the language through input
output (speaking, writing, etc) should be a worry once youve reached a decent level already
Do you think its worthwhile to learn a language even if my mother tongue is kinda shit? My current vocabulary is very lacking because of my S.A.D (I don't talk to a lot of people so I can easily forget words and whatnot as I rarely have convosations). If I started learning languages do you think I would also improve my vocabulary of my mother tongue.

• +1
Do you think its worthwhile to learn a language even if my mother tongue is kinda shit? My current vocabulary is very lacking because of my S.A.D (I don't talk to a lot of people so I can easily forget words and whatnot as I rarely have convosations). If I started learning languages do you think I would also improve my vocabulary of my mother tongue.
nah you cant improve the vocab of your native language like that
you have to do it separately if you want to improve it
in fact you might start confusing words from the other language with your native one if you get to a really high level (like youre thinking about the word in the other language and you cant say it in english)

• +1
Reactions: Nims and PubertyMaxxer
only works toward the beginning
when the first ~500 words provide you with lets say 80% of the commonly used vocabulary its more effective, sure, but after that you need immersion learning
because to get to a number like 10000 or even higher if you want to reach native levels, anki will be a huge hastle
you can only take so many new cards a day before you start to get overwhelmed and exhausted by long periods of non stop learning
once you have a decent vocabulary input mogs everything
Agree, learn until you feel like you don't need it anymore and can watch native content comforably. You can always expand your grammar later on, but this is mostly important for reading (I do this for english rn). If you only want to speak and understand spoken language you don't need Anki that long.

But when you want to read complicated books in english (which really is only important for english), im improving my vocab through Anki.
i'd say grammar is acc better to manually learn
i get what you mean by acquiring it through immersion, but the thing is that, grammar compared to a vocab of 10-15k words is nothing, its like 2-3weeks of learning max to get everything about the grammar of a language
you should learn it so you can pick up on what words in the media youre consuming are supposed to mean, and master using it/understanding it through the immersion
I would learn grammar on a superficial level at most in the beginning a bit. Textbook get into wayyy to much detail, which isn't necessary at all.

Learn to identify (no need to remember exactly tbh) all the time forms and the basic grammar structure for sentences.

For asian languages maybe grammar is more important, but imo for european languages, at least in my experience, the grammar is way to similar for me to make an effort in actually actively learning it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
nah you cant improve the vocab of your native language like that
you have to do it separately if you want to improve it
in fact you might start confusing words from the other language with your native one if you get to a really high level (like youre thinking about the word in the other language and you cant say it in english)
You ever find yourself thinking in other languages? I suppose its just what language you know most right, that takes dominance?

You ever find yourself thinking in other languages? I suppose its just what language you know most right, that takes dominance?
yeah i think in english and have trouble translating english words to my native language

worth it to me.. Learning spanish and i'm american. Alot of spanish speakers (hispanics) and I plan to use it while traveling to south america. But if you don't use it, itll obviously be useless.

• +1
Reactions: Nims
worth it to me.. Learning spanish and i'm american. Alot of spanish speakers (hispanics) and I plan to use it while traveling to south america. But if you don't use it, itll obviously be useless.
Bet it will make it easier to pull sexy senoritas :love:. Foreign girls usually love it when you speak their language.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 12234
spanish is legit

• JFL