I share 5% of DNA with some dude who's half vietnamese apparently

Gengar

Gengar

unattractive
Staff
Dude is my closest match at 300+ cM, geneticists say that anyone who has 10 cM or more is definitely related to you, so where the fuck did this guy come from? I'm so puzzled. I literally don't know anyone in my family who's married to a Vietnamese. The only (South) East Asian relative I have is my oldest cousin's daughter who is half Pakistani and half Indonesian of Chinese descent. Second closest match is 150+ cM and that makes sense since she's fully Pakistani. They're the only two ones shown up as extended family. There's also a few mixed race people in my matches, all half European and half South Asian [Pakistani], listed under distant family. The other matches but at lower cMs are all Pakistani so that makes sense at least. But just lol, what the fuck is going on in my family? Maybe this matches stuff is BS, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: mayo mogger, Jova, N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆. and 4 others
lol fake curry haha vietnamese muhajir over for you

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: vernier and imthesupremecel

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆., imthesupremecel and greycel
I always knew you were a fake curry

ok now make me some good fried rice

Dude is my closest match at 300+ cM, geneticists say that anyone who has 10 cM or more is definitely related to you, so where the fuck did this guy come from? I'm so puzzled. I literally don't know anyone in my family who's married to a Vietnamese. The only (South) East Asian relative I have is my oldest cousin's daughter who is half Pakistani and half Indonesian of Chinese descent. Second closest match is 150+ cM and that makes sense since she's fully Pakistani. They're the only two ones shown up as extended family. There's also a few mixed race people in my matches, all half European and half South Asian [Pakistani], listed under distant family. The other matches but at lower cMs are all Pakistani so that makes sense at least. But just lol, what the fuck is going on in my family? Maybe this matches stuff is BS, I'll take it with a grain of salt.
i need to do a genetic test pretty interesting although yours was useless , didnt even breakup the actual ancestry

i need to do a genetic test pretty interesting although yours was useless , didnt even breakup the actual ancestry
I only posted my Ancestry results; which seems to be common among Punjabis. It's kinda useless, but I did it for the raw data. Ancestry only assigned one region to me and it's just Eastern Pakistan and Himachal Pradesh, basically just confirming I'm a pure Punjabi. Anyway, Ancestry has the most accurate raw data and then I used HarappaWorld which is a calculator meant for South Asians like us. It gives a further breakdown of South Asian ancestry. I am just reading about other people's results and they're very interesting, you can basically make a connection between admixtures and one's ethnic background.

• +1
Reactions: mayo mogger
  • +1
Reactions: ey88 and imthesupremecel
I only posted my Ancestry results; which seems to be common among Punjabis. It's kinda useless, but I did it for the raw data. Ancestry only assigned one region to me and it's just Eastern Pakistan and Himachal Pradesh, basically just confirming I'm a pure Punjabi. Anyway, Ancestry has the most accurate raw data and then I used HarappaWorld which is a calculator meant for South Asians like us. It gives a further breakdown of South Asian ancestry. I am just reading about other people's results and they're very interesting, you can basically make a connection between admixtures and one's ethnic background.
do you have caucasian features? or fair skin?

ancestry is kinda cope if doesnt manifest the features

both look more caucasian just due to the features