I there any way to push the mandible forward?

BlindMaxxer

BlindMaxxer

Imperial Wizard
I have a few millimeters of overbite and wanted to ask if it is possible to push the mandible forward w/o pushing the maxilla back?

Would a doctor even perform that on me? My overbite i literally like 2mm max.

What?
Headgear maybe if you're relatively young. At 2 mm it might not be that bad though, show pictures?

Headgear maybe if you're relatively young. At 2 mm it might not be that bad though, show pictures?
I am 17. might share some pics later cant do that rn

growth hormone

The teeth are supposed to overlap. JFL if you actually believe a healthy bite = front teeth touch. I have a forward grown mandible and chin yet my upper teeth and my lower teeth still overlap.

• +1
Reactions: WillVisitGandy
The teeth are supposed to overlap. JFL if you actually believe a healthy bite = front teeth touch. I have a forward grown mandible and chin yet my upper teeth and my lower teeth still overlap.
So you think this is a natural bite?

So you think this is a natural bite?
Idk what 2mms looks like but it’s probably not bad depending on your maxilla’s forward growth. But either way your front teeth aren’t supposed to touch in your resting state. I even asked my classmate who mogs Jordan Barrett’s insane forward growth if his front teeth touch and he said that his upper teeth are over his lower teeth.

• +1
Reactions: BlindMaxxer
Idk what 2mms looks like but it’s probably not bad depending on your maxilla’s forward growth. But either way your front teeth aren’t supposed to touch in your resting state. I even asked my classmate who mogs Jordan Barrett’s insane forward growth if his front teeth touch and he said that his upper teeth are over his lower teeth.
hmm interesting. i always thought that they have to touch. might go to a dentist and get my teeth checked.

Just a couple hours of hardmewing and you'll be good bro!

herbst appliance

?? how the fuck are fillers gonna help jfl?
don't need the mandible to be forward when you have projection from fillers which is practically what a forward mandible does

don't need the mandible to be forward when you have projection from fillers which is practically what a forward mandible does
fair enough, thanks