I think networking is massively overrated in getting you a good job

D

Deleted member 6186

Zephir
21822774019_df19a7a4d3_o.jpg

Although I'm a wagecuck, I'm seeing a lot of posts on Zoomers who are unemployed after graduation. Its expected coz the economy sucks but even before the virus, this problem was still around.

I hear a lot of people say they can "network" their way to land a great job at Goldman Sachs or Google etc. That by finding a way to "reach out" to some dude at at the firm, you can somehow massively increase your chances of landing a job there. But I think they're gonna be massively disappointed.

If these firms cared so much about "networking", why the fuck are most of the people all fit the same profile? Elite college degree in a good field with good GPA and great internship experience. Why are there so few people who have "lesser" or "unusual" profiles?

Another thing. Quite a few things that are under "networking", I don't consider networking.

Getting your dad's best friend or your uncle to get you a job isn't networking. You didn't need to go out of your way to reach out. You got that job because you were lucky enough to be the son of someone who's already powerful in the network. If I'm Donald Trump's son and I get a job in a big real estate firm coz the big boss knows my dad, is that really networking that I've done? lol

Using your alumni is sort of networking. But then again you already have done 50% of the battle coz if alumni is working there, chances are your school is already a good school. So that means you've already proven yourself before you have even opened your mouth. E.g I'm some cushy Ivy League kid who reached out to a Director there who is also from the same school. But if I was from a crappier school, would that director even wanna see me?

Then that would mean why not use your social circle to help you land a job? If you're a zoomer, your friends don't have enough authority to get you a job unless his dad is big boss. I guess if its a social circle filled with people of all ages that might help. But they still might not wanna help you. Read the next part to understand why

If you were one of the idiots who read Redpill stuff like me then you probably know the term "Pre-selection". Or a better term is simply first impression. Its what foids use to see if you're even worth their time interacting. Looks, status, whether other foids already show interest in you etc. That way they can weed out 95% of undesirable losers right at the start.

Frankly I feel networking by "reaching out" is massively overrated coz the same thing applies, "Pre-selection". I don't know you or I don't know you very well so why am I wasting my time on you? If I vouch for you, how do I know you won't fuck up? My reputation is on the line here!

So people end up acting like foids. Seeing your credentials, what past jobs you've done, whether you're connected to anyone useful, whether someone else cool vouched for you. Isn't that in the end coming down to what you offer then? So networking is fundamentally reaching out to someone to pitch them your credentials, reputation and achievements. If those things aren't noteworthy, even if you pitch them to some guy, he's not going to feel like its worth vouching for you is he.

TL;DR Networking is pitching to someone what you offer. But if you have nothing noteworthy to offer in the first place, whats the point? Shouldn't you work on having a package that means their required standards to offer first? Truth is most people don't have anything noteworthy to offer or they don't have anyone significant willing to back them up.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: disillusioned, Marsiere214, SubhumanCurrycel and 12 others
Interesting take.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
On point. Seen it, lived it, fkin thanking my bearded wizard and his son that one company finally gave me a shot recently.
Shits mostly rigged in advance and favouritism is hard.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5189 and l0st@sea
On point. Seen it, lived it, fkin thanking my bearded wizard and his son that one company finally gave me a shot recently.
Shits mostly rigged in advance and favouritism is hard.
Its only going to get worse. Too many people so we don't have time to search. Therefore we use the easiest ways to generalize and cut down people. Not going to give people a chance.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11425
Bluepilled take.

Everyone knows it's all about looks, if you look good, you'll get hired even if there are more qualified people applying.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: everythingisacope, Deleted member 11425, Entschuldigung and 3 others
The point is that you bluf and lie your way into a job. Most jobs are easy as fuck and don't actually require the credentials they claim to require at all.

At my new job I have supervisors that are paid more than me. What do they do? 'keep an eye' on shit, call some ppl if shit goes wrong and make our timetables jfl. Easiest job on the block. But they rejected my application because 'I didn't have atleast 1 year of experience in a manager/supervisor position'.

Next time I will lie and bluf and put extra experience and fake jobs on my resume. Workcelling is a joke anyways and easy asf.

If you have any skill whatsoever, you're never going to be an employee but work for yourself or start a business. Only incompetent/inexperienced people have jobs tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11425 and Deleted member 9699
The point is that you bluf and lie your way into a job. Most jobs are easy as fuck and don't actually require the credentials they claim to require at all.

At my new job I have supervisors that are paid more than me. What do they do? 'keep an eye' on shit, call some ppl if shit goes wrong and make our timetables jfl. Easiest job on the block. But they rejected my application because 'I didn't have atleast 1 year of experience in a manager/supervisor position'.

Next time I will lie and bluf and put extra experience and fake jobs on my resume. Workcelling is a joke anyways and easy asf.

If you have any skill whatsoever, you're never going to be an employee but work for yourself or start a business. Only incompetent/inexperienced people have jobs tbh.
How would you lie though? Sometimes they call places you "used to work at" to ask about you.

How would you lie though? Sometimes they call places you "used to work at" to ask about you.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If they call places and they figure out you lied, you won't be hired. But in that case, if you didn't lie you wouldn't have been hired anyways.

So only something to gain, nothing to lose.

• +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard, Deleted member 11425 and Deleted member 9699
Bluepilled take.

Everyone knows it's all about looks, if you look good, you'll get hired even if there are more qualified people applying.
Looks is something you offer too you know.

Speaking of which, something interesting I just found.

In 2006, 17-year-old O'Pry was scouted from his prom photos on MySpace by John Yannella Studio Fifty Nine

In 2001, while studying marketing at the University of Gloucestershire, Gandy's flatmate entered him (without his knowledge) into a modelling competition on ITV’s This Morning hosted by Richard and Judy.[5] The 21-year-old Gandy won the competition, and the prize included a contract with Select Model Management in London.[2]

Barrett was scouted when he was 14[4] by a model scout from IMG Australia.

In 2002, Meeks was charged with robbery and corporal injury to a child. Meeks had violently assaulted a 16-year-old boy when he was 18. After taking a plea deal, he was sentenced to serve two years in a California prison, during which he admitted to claiming the North Side Gangster Crips. His mugshot was popular on social media leading him to modeling contracts after he was released from prison.[8]

When you're that good looking you don't even need to reach out to do networking. OTHERS WILL COME TO YOU.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Deleted member 9779

Not sure about that, there are plenty of high IQ math/science guys working for large companies trying to climb up the corporate ladder, thus making it more difficult more aspiring entrepreneurs

Although I'm a wagecuck, I'm seeing a lot of posts on Zoomers who are unemployed after graduation. Its expected coz the economy sucks but even before the virus, this problem was still around.

I hear a lot of people say they can "network" their way to land a great job at Goldman Sachs or Google etc. That by finding a way to "reach out" to some dude at at the firm, you can somehow massively increase your chances of landing a job there. But I think they're gonna be massively disappointed.

If these firms cared so much about "networking", why the fuck are most of the people all fit the same profile? Elite college degree in a good field with good GPA and great internship experience. Why are there so few people who have "lesser" or "unusual" profiles?

Another thing. Quite a few things that are under "networking", I don't consider networking.

Getting your dad's best friend or your uncle to get you a job isn't networking. You didn't need to go out of your way to reach out. You got that job because you were lucky enough to be the son of someone who's already powerful in the network. If I'm Donald Trump's son and I get a job in a big real estate firm coz the big boss knows my dad, is that really networking that I've done? lol

Using your alumni is sort of networking. But then again you already have done 50% of the battle coz if alumni is working there, chances are your school is already a good school. So that means you've already proven yourself before you have even opened your mouth. E.g I'm some cushy Ivy League kid who reached out to a Director there who is also from the same school. But if I was from a crappier school, would that director even wanna see me?

Then that would mean why not use your social circle to help you land a job? If you're a zoomer, your friends don't have enough authority to get you a job unless his dad is big boss. I guess if its a social circle filled with people of all ages that might help. But they still might not wanna help you. Read the next part to understand why

If you were one of the idiots who read Redpill stuff like me then you probably know the term "Pre-selection". Or a better term is simply first impression. Its what foids use to see if you're even worth their time interacting. Looks, status, whether other foids already show interest in you etc. That way they can weed out 95% of undesirable losers right at the start.

Frankly I feel networking by "reaching out" is massively overrated coz the same thing applies, "Pre-selection". I don't know you or I don't know you very well so why am I wasting my time on you? If I vouch for you, how do I know you won't fuck up? My reputation is on the line here!

So people end up acting like foids. Seeing your credentials, what past jobs you've done, whether you're connected to anyone useful, whether someone else cool vouched for you. Isn't that in the end coming down to what you offer then? So networking is fundamentally reaching out to someone to pitch them your credentials, reputation and achievements. If those things aren't noteworthy, even if you pitch them to some guy, he's not going to feel like its worth vouching for you is he.

TL;DR Networking is pitching to someone what you offer. But if you have nothing noteworthy to offer in the first place, whats the point? Shouldn't you work on having a package that means their required standards to offer first? Truth is most people don't have anything noteworthy to offer or they don't have anyone significant willing to back them up.
What a load of shit.

its a numbers game

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
  • +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard and Gonthar
Bluepilled take.

That's not networking tho

The only networking worth it is a recruiting events at your school and even then you just talk to the recruiter for a minute to show you’re not autistic giving you a slight advantage over people who didn’t.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
There is no such thing as "networking". Meritocracy is a myth. Getting good jobs is about nepotism/having powerful friends/family.

• Hmm...
Reactions: everythingisacope

valid point keep in mind that this is just some delusional shit sending the message that "everyone has a chance bro.Your opportunities are limitless."

There is no such thing as "networking". Meritocracy is a myth. Getting good jobs is about nepotism/having powerful friends/family.
too defeatist pill in this reply but you know nepotism is alive

Sucks to have low attention span seems interesting